Options

Replies

• Benval17
    Options
    Yes Yes Yes it is funny lol xD
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Lol. Hilarious. One of my best friends Jewish...she'd find this funny. So, I'm allowed to laugh :D

Did I miss the sarcasm font or are you serious? I really hope that I missed the font... So anyone that has a black friend can use the N-word if the friend for some reason uses it?

Once again I am sorry if you were joking, but if not smh...

Not at all what I said. I have black friends too. Doesn't mean I will use the "N" word. And just because one of my best friends is Jewish, doesn't mean I'll use the "K" word either.

Wah wah, go cry. It's funny.

And yes...there may have been some intentional "trolling" behind the "I have a friend so it's OK" statement. Still funny though.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Some people don't find humor in laughing at people because of their weight, even though it does not personally offend them in any possible way (because they have never been overweight). That does not make them over-sensitive. That's an odd frame of thinking that just because someone doesn't find something humorous they must be over-sensitive. But, I guess that just must mean that some people are over-dense when it comes to understanding people and differences in opinion. It just doesn't make me laugh to make fun of people's weight. It just doesn't. I don't find it funny. It's not offensive, it's annoying.

On a side note, Hitler mustaches are a real fashion faux pas, and can be funny.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    delta....yes....the images you've posted are def funny.
    (where's the one with the kid saying "you mean to tell me you have so much clean water you sh|t in it?!...that's a good one too)
    and due to some of the comments, now the whole thread is wildly amusing.

well done friend!! :)
  • JohnMessmer
    Options

so this isnt funny?

First-World-Third-World-Problems-Success.jpg

Yes that's some funny ****. It is funny because it visually shows that the same action (Gaining 5 pounds) can have drastically different emotional responses based on the individuals goals. The woman crying is not funny, the malnourished child is not funny, the humor is in the tag line being applied to obtain both reactions.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I really don't think it's necessary to either be Jewish or be friends with or married to or whatever a Jew in order to make fun of Hitler.

And, again, it is OK to make fun of and laugh at Hitler. Really.

It's not OK to laugh about 12 million people perishing horribly due to his genocidal tendencies. But it's OK to make fun of the man himself. Really. Trust me on this.

But it's not making fun of Hitler; it's making fun of an overweight guy on a bus.

I know. But more than one person in here has said "Hitler isn't funny" and that we shouldn't make fun of him. And someone else said she's allowed to make fun of him because she has a Jewish best friend.
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    haha thats great.. people need to lighten up and stop taking life so seriously.. geeeezzzzz its friggin funny..
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I really don't think it's necessary to either be Jewish or be friends with or married to or whatever a Jew in order to make fun of Hitler.

And, again, it is OK to make fun of and laugh at Hitler. Really.

It's not OK to laugh about 12 million people perishing horribly due to his genocidal tendencies. But it's OK to make fun of the man himself. Really. Trust me on this.

That's what I was going to say. It's really not the same thing.

Also, would people be so upset for the sake of the guy in the photo if it was a parody of something that generally doesn't offend? Probably not nearly as much.
  • anneerick
    anneerick Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm not offended but I barely smiled at it.
    So... Devils advocate.
    If it was a person falling from the Twin Towers + an obese person = A fat superman.... would that be funny??
    I'm just curious if the people who say others are too sensitive have a soft spot somewhere in them....
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    So... Devils advocate.
    If it was a person falling from the Twin Towers + an obese person = A fat superman.... would that be funny??
    I'm just curious if the people who say others are too sensitive have a soft spot somewhere in them....

Does the guy look like Clark Kent?
  • anneerick
    Options
    So... Devils advocate.

TOTALLY!! Almost like a stunt double.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    So... Devils advocate.

That would just be stupid.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    So... Devils advocate.

Definitely NOT funny.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Lol. Hilarious. One of my best friends Jewish...she'd find this funny. So, I'm allowed to laugh :D

Did I miss the sarcasm font or are you serious? I really hope that I missed the font... So anyone that has a black friend can use the N-word if the friend for some reason uses it?

Once again I am sorry if you were joking, but if not smh...

Not at all what I said. I have black friends too. Doesn't mean I will use the "N" word. And just because one of my best friends is Jewish, doesn't mean I'll use the "K" word either.

Wah wah, go cry. It's funny.

And yes...there may have been some intentional "trolling" behind the "I have a friend so it's OK" statement. Still funny though.

Er...
  • anneerick
    Options
    So... Devils advocate.

Well, I gotta say, I'm not a creative person, so I'm not good at creating "jokes" on the fly, but I could totally handle stupid as long as it wasn't offensive.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    I don't really care but why is it hard to understand that, 1. That guy was doing his thing, could be a super nice guy, and is now all over the internet compared to a murderer of over 6 million people. So there's that. Then 2. even though it is not pro-hitler, some people don't want to mix humor with 6 million deaths and an almost genocide of a race. Like I said, it's whatev, but I'm sure you can understand how it offends some people.

This.
  • Owsla135
    Owsla135 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm also surprised that given this is a weight loss site, we are laughing at a fat person. For all we know he is a member here trying to better himself.

So? Laughing at fat people is off limits or something? I find it funny because it's like the 2012 version of Adolf Hitler.

People are way too sensitive.

I bet if it was making fun of skinny people they would come out in droves to attack...
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    So... Devils advocate.

Well, I gotta say, I'm not a creative person, so I'm not good at creating "jokes" on the fly, but I could totally handle stupid as long as it wasn't offensive.

Well, it's not a joke, there is no humor to it at all so bad example. There might be like, some al-Qaeda folk who think it's funny, but I even doubt that.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    So... Devils advocate.

TOTALLY!! Almost like a stunt double.

Im a complete superman fan
  • anneerick
    Options
    So... Devils advocate.

Well, it's not a joke, there is no humor to it at all so bad example. There might be like, some al-Qaeda folk who think it's funny, but I even doubt that.

I think what you're saying is that it's not your definition of a joke and it does not fit under what you would consider to be humor... is that correct? And that was my point in it's entirety. Not everyone thinks the same things are funny, and yes some people are more sensitive to others on certain matters. But thank goodness I'm not a comedian cause I do suck at writing jokes...
This discussion has been closed.