Clean eating cereal other than oatmeal?

Options

Replies

• bonitacubana
    Options
    http://holycrap.ca/ for anyone looking more info.
    Thanks!
  • ericaavin
    Options
    I was also going to suggest making your own granola - I was stuck on Kashi Go Lean and love it, but wanted to find an alternative that had less sugar. I made my own granola in a few minutes, and I don't think I will ever go back to boxed!
  • slackerwoman
    slackerwoman Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean crunch is good. But I don't know if it works for the definition of "clean eating".
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Back to Nature's 100% Granola. I add 1/4 cup sliced almonds and sometimes fruit. Yum.
  • ltl_leah
    ltl_leah Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Try making refrigerator/overnight oatmeal. You can google the recipe or search the recipe forums on MFP. I tried it and it's good. I'm a big oatmeal fan.
  • hathor1943
    hathor1943 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Kashi Golean cereal, the one with 13 grams of protein is really good. A cup of the cereal with a cup of skim milk is low calorie and high protein. I eat this at least 3 times a week. I found if you increase your protein you will lose weight more quickly. The protein builds muscle and muscle burns fat. It works for me.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Shredded Wheat and Weetabix:

Make sure you get the ones that are 100% wholegrain wheat. Nothing more, nothing less, then add your own nuts/seeds to it. Go on Amazon and buy a bulk pack of nuts and save money.
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    My favorite is granola cereal from Costco with Louisburg apple cider in place of milk. May not be the healthiest, but it satisfies my sweet tooth.

I see Fiber One advertised on the Biggest Loser but the taste is not the best.

Who says breakfast has to be cereal, anyway?
  • DJ2120
    DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    1st - you are so gosh darned pretty!
    2nd - I LOVE betteroats products. The oatfit is pretty low on cals and sugar and tastes GREAT.
    Hope this helps! :-)

1st ~ Thank you :blushing:
    2nd ~ I will check those out, thanks again!
  • DJ2120
    Options
    My favorite is granola cereal from Costco with Louisburg apple cider in place of milk. May not be the healthiest, but it satisfies my sweet tooth.

Fiber One looks like twigs, but I'm willing to try it. Cereal doesn't have to be just for breakfast, but I just want a good one to keep in the pantry for whenever.
  • DJ2120
    Options
    I was also going to suggest making your own granola - I was stuck on Kashi Go Lean and love it, but wanted to find an alternative that had less sugar. I made my own granola in a few minutes, and I don't think I will ever go back to boxed!

I did this before, it was so yummy!
  • DJ2120
    Options
    You can make your own cereal!

Easy to make your own CLEAN granola. Plenty of recipes out there. Here's one:
    http://blog.questproteinbar.com/clean-and-easy-granola/

If you dont like cinnamon, then use vanilla or whatever you like. Then add things like nuts, fruit, unsweetened coconut, dried goji berries, ground flaxseed or whole chia seeds, etc. (possibilities are endless!) I like to use unsweetened vanilla almond milk with my homemade cereals to add some flavor. In the bulk cereal section of whole foods, I found some toasted quinoa (I think that's what it was called. It was just quinoa that had been toasted, nothing added) and I throw some of that in my granola cereal too.

You can premix your cereal portions on Sundays and have them bagged and ready to use during the week.

Great link, thanks!
  • DJ2120
    Options
    Go forage for some berries in the forest.

And make me some Jelly!!!!! :angry:

Oh sarcasm, so nice & helpful :yawn:
  • DJ2120
    Options
    yes because one bowl of "non-clean" cereal will completely derail all your weight loss/getting healthy efforts....

Well, it wouldn't be one bowl. It would be something I keep in the house to eat regularly.
  • DJ2120
    Options
    yes because one bowl of "non-clean" cereal will completely derail all your weight loss/getting healthy efforts....

no, but every little bit helps. if she is strict about it, then good for her!

Exactly, thank you.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Fiber One looks like twigs, but I'm willing to try it. Cereal doesn't have to be just for breakfast, but I just want a good one to keep in the pantry for whenever.

I am pretty sure Fiber 1 would not be considered "clean". I find it tastes awesome, fiber 1, blueberries and yogurt was one of my favorite meals my trainer put me on. It's kind of sweet I think there is artificial or some type of sweetener in it. I know there is something else in it too that would make it not what most consider "clean". (and I am referring to the twiggy looking one).
  • DJ2120
    Options
    I couldn't reply to everyone, but I appreciate all the helpful one that gave me great suggestions as always. Thank you :smile:
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    organic quinoa puffs :)
  • SpanishRapunzel
    SpanishRapunzel Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Try this recipe:

3 cups dry oats (not instant! The real stuff)
    2 bananas
    1/3 cup all-natural nut butter of your choice (I use peanut butter)
    Dash of salt
    Cinnamon to taste
    Dry cocoa powder if you want
    2 tb honey
    Mash banana, add peanut butter and honey, mix well, add in oats and seasonings, spread thinly in a glass baking dish, bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until dry and crispy. Voila! home-made, clean, easy cereal!!
  • DJ2120
    Options
    Try this recipe:

3 cups dry oats (not instant! The real stuff)
    2 bananas
    1/3 cup all-natural nut butter of your choice (I use peanut butter)
    Dash of salt
    Cinnamon to taste
    Dry cocoa powder if you want
    2 tb honey
    Mash banana, add peanut butter and honey, mix well, add in oats and seasonings, spread thinly in a glass baking dish, bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until dry and crispy. Voila! home-made, clean, easy cereal!!

This sounds amazing, thank you!