Clean eating cereal other than oatmeal?

Options
1235»

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The problem with cereal that is good for you is the amount is so small. One serving is like a pinch of it in a bowl. It's ridiculous. I'd much rather eat 6 egg whites with fresh spinach, and whole grain toast, plain. Much more food and I feel satisfied.

A pinch? Mostly it's either 3/4 cup or a full cup. And it's supposed to be *part* of your breakfast, not all of it. Didn't you ever watch the commercials? :wink:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions for a good clean breakfast cold cereal? I thought Cheerios was possibly a good one until I saw all of the ingredients :ohwell:

Which ingredient were you concerned about?

Sugar, salt, corn starch & some things I can't pronounce lol!

So the relative cleanliness of a food item is positively correlated with my ability to pronounce scientific terms?

LOL....

The main ingredients in Cheerios include whole grain oats, sugar, oat fiber and salt. I would bet that the ingredients that you can't pronounce are called vitamins.

There is nothing "unclean" about Cheerios, in my opinion. The only thing wrong with it is you have to dump extra sugar in it. Honey Nut Cheerios is much yummier.

they are probably not considered "clean" if you are referring to the eat clean diet, which i think thats what she is talking about. specifically because of the corn starch though perhaps.

What is "unclean" about oats, sugar, oat fiber, and salt? It sounds like food to me.
  • LittleTrollCupcake
    Options

According to MFP calculations, this recipe add up to 2111 calories (not including any milk or other stuff that you serve it with). I'm guessing that you'd want to divide it into reasonable-sized portions/servings. Sounds tasty though.

Well of course... that's to make a large quantity. You wouldn't say that a box of cereal adds up to blah calories, so it's a no go. Portion control, always.