Replies

• nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    35kfzu.jpg
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    OP should have just denied having any extra pills left over when first approached by the nurse (or anybody else).

Denying you don't have any pills left over when you do is lying. It implies that she took pills she said weren't working. Doctors also worry about the effects of these pills on your stomach and liver. If they thought she finished a whole course of them, they may have been less likely to prescribe something else. Even if not the next time, the time after that. Doctors do have to answer for their prescriptions.

He didn't actually just use one pharmacist, he went to multiple. Some of the pharmacists testified that when they called the doctor, he denied authorizing them. Did you read the appeal I linked you to? Are you going to address that he had blank prescription pads from his doctor in his home?

A man going to prison in a wheelchair is still not an example of an innocent man. It may be an example of a desperate man, and that may explain his actions, but he's still not an example of an innocent man.
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    OP should have just denied having any extra pills left over when first approached by the nurse (or anybody else).

Denying you don't have any pills left over when you do is lying. It implies that she took pills she said weren't working. Doctors also worry about the effects of these pills on your stomach and liver. If they thought she finished a whole course of them, they may have been less likely to prescribe something else. Even if not the next time, the time after that. Doctors do have to answer for their prescriptions.

He didn't actually just use one pharmacist, he went to multiple. Some of the pharmacists testified that when they called the doctor, he denied authorizing them. Did you read the appeal I linked you to? Are you going to address that he had blank prescription pads from his doctor in his home?

A man going to prison in a wheelchair is still not an example of an innocent man. It may be an example of a desperate man, and that may explain his actions, but he's still not an example of an innocent man.

You only found out about Richard Paey's case yesterday....YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT in his case (Just as you don't know what you are talking about in regards to "patient's rights" vs zealous prosecution of drug cases...Richard Paey's circumstances are not unusal...Most people just cave in and take the plea bargain agreement...Mr Paey chose to fight for his "constitutional rights"...He went to jail for 25 years (served 3) and only got out of jail because his story appeared on 60 minutes and the Governor gave him a pardon.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

You only found out about Richard Paey's case yesterday....YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT in his case (Just as you don't know what you are talking about in regards to "patient's rights" vs zealous prosecution of drug cases...Richard Paey's circumstances are not unusal...Most people just cave in and take the plea bargain agreement...Mr Paey chose to fight for his "constitutional rights"...He went to jail for 25 years (served 3) and only got out of jail because his story appeared on 60 minutes and the Governor gave him a pardon.

Again, unless you have intimate knowledge of the details of the case, you only know what you are choosing to know. Despite that I only found out about the case yesterday, I can read an appeal and the evidence reported within. You, who has known about the case longer, hasn't been able to refute the illegal actions I've asked you about. You are the one asserting he is innocent, even though his sentence was never overturned, so the burden of proof is on you. It's also on you to show us these other innocent people. If you don't want to, that's fine. But if you do want to, I will look at the facts, not what 60 Minutes chooses to present.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Sold them to her

This lol
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Report her.

Most definitely
  • mommanurse33
    mommanurse33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    This nurse says, REPORT HER!!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Why is this part of the discussion still going on? That case, no matter guilty or innocent, does not in any way shape or form resemble the situation that the OP is talking about. No matter what happened in the Richard Paey case, what I can tell from these strangely passionate posts is that Richard Paey was not a nurse asking a patient for their prescription drugs so this instance isn't in any way shape or form applicable to the discussion at hand.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    Why is this part of the discussion still going on? That case, no matter guilty or innocent, does not in any way shape or form resemble the situation that the OP is talking about. No matter what happened in the Richard Paey case, what I can tell from these strangely passionate posts is that Richard Paey was not a nurse asking a patient for their prescription drugs so this instance isn't in any way shape or form applicable to the discussion at hand.

Well, most people are in agreement to report the nurse. This came up because of the mistaken idea that OP could get in trouble (home raids!) for reporting only the nurse and not the clinic and for claiming to have disposed of or flushed a single bottle of pills. I get your point though, and if Beansprouts wants to start a new thread, I'll happily move over there.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    But the reason you may read passion in my posts is because patient rights are a matter of law, and people should not be too nervous to tell their doctors the truth about your medical treatment. Scores of innocent people are not going to jail on drug charges for taking Vicodin that their doctors prescribed.
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    OP, does your doctor write out your prescriptions or does your nurse? The reason I ask is because if the nurse writes them, then that explains why you were given another prescription for the pills, you had already agreed to sell your extras so she probably figured she had found a supplier. Report her for your safety and everyone else's that goes to that clinic. If she has no addiction, then the board will figure that out when they do the investigation.
  • beansprouts
    Options

Again, unless you have intimate knowledge of the details of the case, you only know what you are choosing to know. Despite that I only found out about the case yesterday, I can read an appeal and the evidence reported within. You, who has known about the case longer, hasn't been able to refute the illegal actions I've asked you about. You are the one asserting he is innocent, even though his sentence was never overturned, so the burden of proof is on you. It's also on you to show us these other innocent people. If you don't want to, that's fine. But if you do want to, I will look at the facts, not what 60 Minutes chooses to present.

And "IF" I did have first hand knowledge....you can be damn sure that I would certainly NOT be sharing any of that information with YOU or anybody else in some internet chatroom!!!

******* PROFESSIONAL ETHICS ******* is what is missing in that Clinic that OP visited. The nurse is just a symptom of a larger problem...OP went to the doctor's office and got accosted by a mugger dressed up like a nurse...REPORT THE WHOLE FACILITY!
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

And "IF" I did have first hand knowledge....you can be damn sure that I would certainly NOT be sharing any of that information with YOU or anybody else in some internet chatroom!!!

******* PROFESSIONAL ETHICS ******* is what is missing in that Clinic that OP visited. The nurse is just a symptom of a larger problem...OP went to the doctor's office and got accosted by a mugger dressed up like a nurse...REPORT THE WHOLE FACILITY!

Well, let's call it a day then. OP has repeatedly been advised to report the nurse. She's free to report the clinic too if she wants. OP isn't going to jail. If you want to debate RP and patients' rights with me, or answer my points, on another thread, I will, but not on this one any longer.
  • beansprouts
    Options

Well, let's call it a day then. OP has repeatedly been advised to report the nurse. She's free to report the clinic too if she wants. OP isn't going to jail. If you want to debate RP and patients' rights with me, or answer my points, on another thread, I will, but not on this one any longer.

I never said that OP was going to jail...The first thing that came out of my mouth was that OP was wise not to accept any cash!
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

Health care professionals are not the only ones keeping track of those drug prescriptions...Narcotics agents also keep track of them too. Some of those clinics are little more than legal drug houses being run by "respectable" medical personnel. Some of those "professional" make more money selling legal drugs then they make from their regular paychecks. In some inner city health facilities, it is not at all unusual to have an in house agent monitoring what they believe to be suspicious patients. (Because medical professionals also know how to cover their own behinds).

If the "nurse" felt free to ask OP about buying her "extra pills" (that the clinic dispensed knowing that OP did not need them)...then OP had every right to to tell the nurse that she had NO EXTRA PILLS ...When the crap hits the fan...It is always better to have the authorities looking for missing drugs down at that clinic then to have them looking for them down at OP's or other innocent patient's houses.and yes...OP should report the incident. Nine times out of ten...The nurse is going to say what I told you...and the Doctor (when asked why he gave OP more pills) is going to say that it was a misunderstanding..ie. He thought that OP needed a higher dosage of her medicine. I repeat...REPORT THE FACILITY.!

This is the post I was referring to Beansprouts, where you imply that the police could look for the pills at OP's home. But it really doesn't matter. You and I each made our arguments and our points and let's just call it a day.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    RICHARD PAEY*****RICHARD PAEY***RICHARD PAEY!!!!!

One of many, many victims of the drug war.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hm. I wonder if one of you saying, "I'd have sold it to her" sold drugs to the nurse who treated me while she was intoxicated. If so, thanks a lot. That ended splendidly.

The only response that an intelligent, conscious adult should give to this scenario is "Report her."
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Hm. I wonder if one of you saying, "I'd have sold it to her" sold drugs to the nurse who treated me while she was intoxicated. If so, thanks a lot. That ended splendidly.
    I'd get struck off if I tried that - many patients drive me to drink, but so far only metaphorically - and I'd have to log it on my food diary, anyway
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    hahaha. sell them b*tches and make some money!
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    this Vicodin sounds a heap of fun - it isn't licenced over here