Replies

• wakeboardgirl77
    wakeboardgirl77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Report her. Simple as that.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Read through just a few of the posts: report her. If she has some legit excuse or wasn't trained properly let her employers figure that out. If she hurts someone through her own negligence you don't want that on you- not even a little.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    to whom do you report her?
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options

In this case, the doctor. I'm sure he would want to know that his nurse is seeking drugs from his patients. If I were a doctor I would want to know because she would be abusing my practice.
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options

In this case, the doctor. I'm sure he would want to know that his nurse is seeking drugs from his patients. If I were a doctor I would want to know because she would be abusing my practice.

If the doctor had been doing his job...IT NEVER WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IN THE FIRST PLACE. Report the whole Clinic!
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options

If the doctor had been doing his job...IT NEVER WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IN THE FIRST PLACE. Report the whole Clinic!

Does the doctor have eyes in the back of his head? I doubt he has cameras in the rooms due to laws. You can't assume the doctor knows about it.
  • acf860
    Options
    You have to report her to the doctor or your states' board of nursing. No choice.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    You have to report her to the doctor or your states' board of nursing. No choice.

It might be a little late now, this was originally posted October 20, 2012.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options

It might be a little late now, this was originally posted October 20, 2012.

It's pretty funny that the person who just bumped it has 5 total posts and yet posted on page one of this thread over a year ago. Let it go, acf860.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Sting operation!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    I have 4 degenerated discs in my lower back and am on pretty heavy opiates for the pain. Last month, my doc gave me some 10mg vicodin for breakthrough pain I've been having from exercising. I went to the doc for the monthly checkup on Wednesday and the nurse asked how the vicodin was working. I said it really wasn't, so I stopped taking it. She then asked me if she could buy the leftovers from me. I was SHOCKED. I couldn't believe she was asking me this.

What would you have done in this situation?
    Report them. It's NOT uncommon for people in the medical field to abuse drugs.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition