he keeps telling me im fat i've lost 44lbs

Options
my partner keeps telling me im fat getting fat little comments about my weight im 5ft 1 and weighed 13stone i now weigh less than 10stone i know i have about 2 stone left to lose but is it really too much to ask for a bitt of support plus hes not exactly skinny himself he is 5ft 9 and weight 225 maybee he shold go take a long hard look in the mirror.

Replies

• xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    maybe you should tell him to do that then go find someone who appreciates you!
  • MsTru2U
    MsTru2U Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success this far!!! :flowerforyou: Dont let his jealousy and insecurities keep you from progressing! Sounds like you should find another SO...Personally, I would tell him to look in the mirror and go get it for him :huh: You're doing a wonderful job; keep it up!!!
  • okinmaine
    okinmaine Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    "he keeps telling me I'm fat" I'd tell him to get packing!! SERIOUSLY....I don't know you at all but I'm QUITE sure you deserve someone who treats you better! You keep doing what you're doing and surround yourself with supportive people!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    maybe you should tell him to do that then go find someone who appreciates you!

Lol ^^^^ agree
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I have three good options:
    1) He can support you
    2) He can not support you but cant put you down either
    3) You can leave him and find a nice guy
  • MichaelYoung1976
    Options
    Sounds to me like you need to lose about 225 pounds and 69 inches.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Why are you with someone who is emotionally abusing you? I don't understand that. Someone who loves you DOES NOT call you names.
  • brickhouse76
    Options
    Sounds like someone is jealous; misery loves company!
  • Pamela259
    Pamela259 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success this far!!! :flowerforyou: Dont let his jealousy and insecurities keep you from progressing! Sounds like you should find another SO...Personally, I would tell him to look in the mirror and go get it for him :huh: You're doing a wonderful job; keep it up!!!

aahh i didnt think about him maybe being jealous( thats why bullies do what they do) next time i think i will just laugh and say sorry your so jealous

thanx for the support everyone.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    my partner keeps telling me im fat getting fat little comments about my weight im 5ft 1 and weighed 13stone i now weigh less than 10stone i know i have about 2 stone left to lose but is it really too much to ask for a bitt of support plus hes not exactly skinny himself he is 5ft 9 and weight 225 maybee he shold go take a long hard look in the mirror.
    Why are you still with the loser?
  • chefyego
    chefyego Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    think he is insecure and wants the perfect partner at your health expense not his
    13 stone is not terrible (podgy not terrrible)
    10 stone is a nice size
    8 stone is gonna go to far
    but its how you feel that matters most
    i was 24st now 17.5st im happy enough
    my partner never complains just says take it easy and dont over do it
    as long as im happy its the main thing

be true to yourself princess
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    It may just be your partner's insecurity talking. Talk it out with him. Tell him you need positive reenforcement.

Congrats on losing the weight and keeping on your fitness improvement!
  • kbubbles87
    kbubbles87 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    what a jerk! thats when i give the big f u and start squeezing his fat! maybe then he'll get the picture.
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    ^This. :laugh:
    Seriously, though, no one worthy of the title "partner" should be tearing you down like that, evn if he was in perfect health. He may be struggling with his own insecurities, but that's not an excuse to treat you poorly.
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he is jealous of your success cuz he should do the same. Probably also worried you'll leave him; which is a valid fear given his behavior! You deserve someone who appreciates you and supports your efforts in getting healthy!

Don't let him stop you....you are fabulous and doing great! We are proud of you! x
  • joycehostetler
    Options
    That is hard. Kinda like relatives when you tell them how much you have lost and they say "Really, Where?"....:ohwell: It's a mental game for sure. I think he may feel jealous of you becasue you are actually looking good, and he is not. Some people have the personality of running people down because they themselves feel in inadequate, or threatened. Being short too is hard when you lose weight. We cannot lose 20 pounds and drop 4 dress sizes, :smile: ......so it takes longer to look good. Ha! I have lost 54 pounds and yes I was 296 at on 5" 1 1/2", and now I'm just beginning to feel good in 4X clothes...... The main thing is to know that you have done good, and pat yourself on the back for your accomplishment. .
  • Maggie821
    Maggie821 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great job on all that you have accomplished! Perhaps he is just feeling insecure and afraid of losing you once you do reach your goals - that is a pretty common reaction. Maybe try sitting down with him and telling him how much it hurts you to hear him say that, and that you really care about him and need his support. If he turns a deaf ear to your honesty, then you will know he's not the one for you.
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options

this!

you can do better! you deserve so much better than that.
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    "he keeps telling me I'm fat"
    I'd tell him to get packing!!

ok... this story gets me back for almost 7-8 years. I had a relationship then... I'm 5'6" and I weighted about 155-160 pounds (as I do now). He was telling me this all the time. I kicked him out of the house at the end.
    My husband (have been together 6.5 years) looks at me as if I am a goddess, same height, same weigh. Even when I gain he finds me perfect. Even when I see in the mirror a fatty, he sees me as a model.
    So.... I'm thinking that it is time for you to kick him out of your life and find someone who loves you for real! After 20 years our bodies will certainly not be the same. Why be with someone who has such superficial feelings???

Hope you get what I mean, because my English are not so good!
    ^^^^^^^^
    LOVE THIS POST!:wink:
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options

This.