he keeps telling me im fat i've lost 44lbs

Options

Replies

• mizfrankie
    Options
    Sounds to me like you need to lose about 225 pounds and 69 inches.

Brilliant.
  • needsenergy
    Options
    Know just how you feel hunny, I can't tell you why he does it but I know the feeling that hit's you as soon it leaves their lips.

You have done an amazing job and i'm sure you look stunning and when you walk into those shops I am sure you feel better. that's the feeling you need to hold on to when you need it most.

That feeling when they say it is actually the feeling I use when I need some encourage meant cause I hate that feeling and I want to get to the point where he has nothing nasty to say so I have decided to use it as a positive. I have printed out nasty phrases that he has said to me and post them around the house to give me encouragement to sort my self out and smile again.

You are doing great and I hope you remember that with a smile =)
  • ar1ms
    ar1ms Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    what a horrible support system! tell him to get his *kitten* to the gym!
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    To give him an idea of what its like to lose 44 lbs, go buy a 45 lb bag of dog food and smack him up side the damn head with it. Then when he's laying on the ground, drop it on his groin, that'll shut him up.

In all seriousness, I'm sorry he his being do jealous and hurtful to you. Sounds like he needs a serious heart to heart.

totally this..^^^
  • kayre2
    kayre2 Posts: 5
    Options
    Way to go! You're making amazing progress having lost that much weight so far! He sounds like he's got some issues of his own, so don't let his issues or his comments get you down. Don't let what anyone else thinks of your body negatively affect how you feel about yourself. At the end of the day you've only really got yourself to please, and all of us here are behind you!! Whether you choose to lose another 2stone or another 2lbs is your choice and your choice alone. And don't forget, if you're doing strength training as well, muscle weighs 2.5x more than fat! Being with someone who doesn't support you in what you're doing just makes the victory of hitting your goals all the more sweet because you did it all on your own! Keep up the great work, slow and steady wins the race!
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Smile sweetly and tell him he doesn't know what he's talking about, or ask him if it's difficult being perfect.
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I lost 6 stone & my mother could not bring herself to say anything at all about my weight (never stopped herself before!!) as she was unable to say anything nice! Some people just can't be nice!!
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    my partner keeps telling me im fat getting fat little comments about my weight im 5ft 1 and weighed 13stone i now weigh less than 10stone i know i have about 2 stone left to lose but is it really too much to ask for a bitt of support plus hes not exactly skinny himself he is 5ft 9 and weight 225 maybee he shold go take a long hard look in the mirror.

If this is how your partner loves you- you may want to rethink your partnership.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like he's trying to keep you "under his thumb" so to speak. You are improving yourself and he is intimidated. Definitely talk to him, if he won't comply I'd say take a little break from each other. He'll either see how much he loves and misses you, or he will find someone else that he can emotionally abuse and you can find someone who will treat you right. :drinker:
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    Then why are you still with him??? :huh:
  • Kaydoggie
    Kaydoggie Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yeah you need to lose more weight....I'd say about 225 lbs of dead weight. What a jerk.
    Congrats on your progress though, keep it up!:flowerforyou:
  • GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options

Exactly this.. I have been where you are..( at my current weight).. and I left that sucker fast.. I never felt better..and he was no Brad Pitt the nerve of some people.. I think it stems from thier insecurities
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Ridiculousness!! He's just jealous of your success and his insecurities are showing. I would definitely not stand for someone talking to me like that. He's mentally abusing you by saying those things to you. If he loved you, he would support you and be proud of you!! Congrats on your achievement this far and keep rocking it! Don't let him bring you down! If he can't support him, it's time to kick him to the curb!! =)
  • krissycupicake
    Options

This! This! This! <3
    seriously, though, everyone deserves someone who builds them up, not tears them down. If your partner loves you, they should support you, and be happy for you as I'm sure you would do/be for them.
  • katie070563
    Options

Well said!! Don't put up with such crap in your life> My first husband was like this......let's just say my divorce party was the best ever!!!!!!
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but what an @sshole. You deserve better than that! Get the hell out of that relationship and find someone who loves, appreciates and supports you, because that guy certainly doesn't.
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Great job on all that you have accomplished! Perhaps he is just feeling insecure and afraid of losing you once you do reach your goals - that is a pretty common reaction. Maybe try sitting down with him and telling him how much it hurts you to hear him say that, and that you really care about him and need his support. If he turns a deaf ear to your honesty, then you will know he's not the one for you.

this
  • linniem96
    linniem96 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Tell him what I told my partner and he never mentioned it again. Here it goes " I can always lose weight but you can't get any smarter. And when I look the way you want me to I won't be with you anymore."
  • SashaMegan
    SashaMegan Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    my partner keeps telling me im fat getting fat little comments about my weight im 5ft 1 and weighed 13stone i now weigh less than 10stone i know i have about 2 stone left to lose but is it really too much to ask for a bitt of support plus hes not exactly skinny himself he is 5ft 9 and weight 225 maybee he shold go take a long hard look in the mirror.

You got rid of 44lbs. It's time to get rid of the guy!! You deserve so much better :flowerforyou:
  • ElleM0
    ElleM0 Posts: 105 Member
    Options

^^^ TOTALLY agree with that!!:smile:
    At the end of the day, weightlost is a JOURNEY. You can do it alone, or find someone who is willing to do it with you physically, and/or emotionally. The put downs, don't help!