he keeps telling me im fat i've lost 44lbs

Options

Replies

• laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    The only other words you should hear from him is "I'm sorry" ...as you're walking out the door.

**** Head. What the hell is wrong with some guys?
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    By the way...sorry he said that to you. Keep up the good work. You're doing great.
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I dont understand women who stay with men who do this...or the opposite actually...we know women can be as bad. If hes willing to be abusive in one area, he'll progress eventually. Find somebody worth you and your heart
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    Sounds to me like you need to lose about 225 pounds and 69 inches.

I agree with this post. Never be with anyone who makes you feel bad about yourself.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options

I LOVE this response and second it! :drinker:
  • josachi
    josachi Posts: 79
    Options

AGREED!
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    The only other words you should hear from him is "I'm sorry" ...as you're walking out the door.

**** Head. What the hell is wrong with some guys?

Exactly..he should be happy that you are getting healthier!! ;))
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I say kick his azz to the curb!! You don't need someone in your life that is constantly gonna put you down. He is obviously a miserable person, and you know the old saying, Misery loves company. You don't need that in your life.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    How bout telling him this-

"I am losing weight for my health, so I will feel better as well as look better. I would like for you to support me in my efforts. Telling me I am fat, hurts my feelings and makes me feel bad about myself. Is that what you want for me? If you love me, you will want me to be the best I can be. Perhaps you are afraid that when I lose the weight, I will leave you for someone else. I love you and would not leave you just because I lost my weight and you haven't. I will however consider leaving you if you continue acting like an insensitive jerk!"
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Ignore his "weight bating"and continue your weight loss progress...Misery needs company.
  • pickledginger
    Options
    I have three good options:
    1) He can support you
    2) He can not support you but cant put you down either
    3) You can leave him and find a nice guy

Agreed. I would take a good look at things --is weight the only topic on which he is manipulative or emotionally abusive? What else does he get cranky or snarky or dismissive about? Is he ever happy for you, when things go well, or is he only.comfortanle when he feels superior?

Have you tried sitting down with him somr time when you ate both calm to talk about this? To say, "I have been working hard at this and I am disappointed in your reaction; I would have thought you would be cheering me on. I will never be Kate Moss, but I am getting close to my healthy weight," or something like that.

Or, you could ask him to join you for your workouts. "We can do this together!"

Or you could try couples' counseling.

But seriously, if he doesn't get his head together fast, or if there are other warning signs, i would get the hell out. Life is too short to send good years after bad.

As I tell people who ask why I am not married, there are worse thibgs than being single, and I have dated my share.
  • thomasxaviersayles
    Options
    Possible he does not like the challenge and self discipline you are exhibiting so he denigrates you for your improvement. I was 5-10 and 219 two months ago and I can tell you that is not healthy. Don't let anyone abuse you verbally, emotionally or otherwise, you are a valuable and worthy person so if he is a millstone around your neck, remove it. Keep up the good work and don't allow someone to disrespect you.
  • brainfreeze72
    brainfreeze72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss, now lose a quick 225 of ugliness and misery and tell him to take a hike. Why would someone who loves you and sees you working hard to lose weight and take better care of yourself tell you that you're fat? Does he not know that you are working at it? Is he purposely trying to be hurtful and mean? Get rid of him and find someone who loves you for you, not for your weight and appearance.
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Great job on your loss of stones. Suggestion - you could lose the other 2 stones by getting rid of the person calling you fat. That I can assure you is NOT true love.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    just a suggestion here...........hit him in the head with one of those stones
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options

You took the words out of my mouth!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options

^^^^^ This
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Kick his butt to the curb. You deserve better.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

even thought its been quoted a ton, it need repeating.
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options

Excellent idea! He wants to see you fail. Kick him to the curb. You will end up being a hottie & he will still remain a loser.