he keeps telling me im fat i've lost 44lbs

Options

Replies

• SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Sounds to me like you need to lose about 225 pounds and 69 inches.
    Couldn't have said it better myself! I don't get it...you've lost a lot of weight and I bet you look great for it. How can he say you're GAINING weight? He's jealous and wants to put you down and make you feel as bad about yourself as he feels about himself. Get rid! :)
  • juicy_cat
    juicy_cat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    seriously....get rid of him...i'm your height and am 10 stone 6 and my other half keeps telling me how fab I look...that is how it should be...your boyfriend is horrible...dump him and find someone who is kinder....their are loads of lovely decent guys out there...best of luck... :-)
  • Anamdalta
    Options

Seconded, because, as LadyMisery says - why would you stay with someone who is emotionally abusive. Because that's exactly what that is.

You can't make your partner stop being an emotionally abusive a**hole. But, you can certainly make the choice to not tolerate it, and leave an unhealthy relationship.

Congratulations on your progress so far - you're doing so well, and you should be so proud of yourself!

Be well.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    <
    would NEVER be with a man who told me I was fat. EVER !
  • cocosmom
    Options
    44 lbs is amazing! Do what feels best for your optimal health.... and your mental health - so drop the non-supportive partner -he's ovbviously not all that if he feels it necessary to call you fat....which is really an ugly way to speak to someone who is their "partner" you deserve better!
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on you weight loss, positive support is what you are getting here, I'm sorry your partner wants to sabotage what you have worked at thus far. You stand to lose about 225 lbs of ugly fat, my heart goes out to you on this matter, please be good to yourself, you are very important:flowerforyou:
  • Valm0n
    Valm0n Posts: 88
    Options
    My GF complained about my weight and that made me sad -> depressed -> binge eating...
    I explained her and asked her to stop reminding my weight. Then I started MFP and lost 9lbs in 21 days, and she congratulates me for my loss and encourages me :smile:

So my advice : tell him you need support, not blames, and that it would be benefit for both of you to diet together. Maybe try to act with him the way he acts with you and call him "fatty" :laugh:

And if he doesn't change, then maybe you should find another man, because this one would definitely be a douche... :noway:
  • Mom_24
    Mom_24 Posts: 7
    Options
    Please be careful about staying in an emotionally abusive relationship. Besides the damage it can cause to your personhood. In the end it can have a negative effect on your physical health goals as well.
  • Pamela259
    Pamela259 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    thanx everyone i will talk to him about it its not hindering my weight loss at all i dont have to do it for anyone but me
  • IMElektra
    IMElektra Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If he cannot appreciate your weight loss achievements, then there's something wrong with him.
  • doitforabby
    doitforabby Posts: 137 Member
    Options

LOVE THIS!
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options

BWahahahahahaha exactly my thoughts!
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you might be about 225 lbs overweight...if you know what I mean. :huh:

Tell him that unless he want's you to drop 225lbs real quick then he should check himself.
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options

This!!!
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    To give him an idea of what its like to lose 44 lbs, go buy a 45 lb bag of dog food and smack him up side the damn head with it. Then when he's laying on the ground, drop it on his groin, that'll shut him up.

In all seriousness, I'm sorry he his being do jealous and hurtful to you. Sounds like he needs a serious heart to heart.
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options

^^yup
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    First off - congratulations on your progress - outstanding work on You! :flowerforyou:

Regarding your partner..... Kick his azz to the curb! No one deserves to be treated that way. You are disrespecting yourself by letting him disrespect you. You deserve someone who appreciates you. Life is too short to settle for crap like that.
  • My partner and I started working out together and helping each other with our goals. When one starts to fail the other pick them up. We lose weight together and we gain together then have to lose again ... but together. It makes for a happier relationship when you are going throught the same thing at the same time helping each other through it. In our experience it has helped us to adapt that to other aspects of our relationship as well.

I get why everyone is saying "kick him to the curb"but that is easier said then done when they don't know you personally or the relationship you have with him. Maybe first try talking to him about how you feel and how he can help you both have a more healthy relationship. A bully will always be a bully if you just keep putting them aside without giving them a chance. They are that way for a reason too. If he can't come to terms with helping you AND himself then maybe you should talk about not being together anymore. But if the love is really there then he will atleast try.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • toot_bunny
    toot_bunny Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    my ex was unspportive too, i'd weigh myself and say wow i've lost 3lbs this week and he'd just be like 3lbs is nothing, well no not as a unit but as a loss in a week its good and its 3lbs less than i was before, think thats why i kept putting weight back on, my now boyfriend (of over a year now) is so lovely and supportive and even though i'm fat he would never say it and if i say i've lost a pound he'll tell me i look great and that he loves me no matter how i am :)
    you need support aroubnd you if you're going to be happy and healthy!!!