What is with those 400 cal breakfasts?

Options
It is funny.i am having 400+ cals breakfasts and I am eating very well! I see people starving while I am having my fried eggs, two whole wheat toasts, tomato, juice, fruit, coffee and ham for less than 400!. I even have one arepa for breakfast twice a week or so.
Feel free to add me and look at my food diary!
I am not starving, not giving up anything.. I have a food scale. Some people make fun of me, but I would say it is very important since it is difficult to calculate what is that you are eating.
I had so far 313 cal for breakfast so I will have something extra, say a banana.
I am into losing one kg per week and I am on a 1350 cals per day. I exercise almost every day and end up eating around 1450 cal which is great for me. I don't actually think I need anything else.
I have a long way to go but I will be getting there for sure...

Replies

• rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have something that works for you.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    My breakfast today was exactly 428. I think that is the minimum for me LOL
  • rvicini
    rvicini Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I would say, exercise works but also the food scale. I would say it is the secret.
    My egg is fried on olive oil. They cost me 10 cals more but it is ok. I have never had two eggs. Too much for me.
    The ham is 97% lean. It works for me. I KNOW how much I am eating and I eat as I please AS LONG AS I AM ON BUDGET.
    Ahh.. My juice is natural and no sugar added. I got used to it and now I do not regret it.
    In my breakfast this morning, I learned to eat fried egg with a boiled tomato on top. Delicious....
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    i think the saying goes, Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper :)

Keep up the goodwork, I love breakfast :))) My fave is egg, spinach, smoked salmon and grated cheese sometimes add toms or mushrooms or bacon or ham lol

i also sometimes add a smoothie lol allways 2 cups of coffee, im usually 300 - 500 cals
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I tend not to have large breakfasts because I hate breakfast. I'd much rather use the calories on lunch and dinner, when I'm actually hungry.
  • rvicini
    Options
    That is a great point claire2111. Mushrooms are also very cheap in cals and go great with my egg and tomato, fill you up and cost nothing in cal terms!
    I would leave the cereal breakfast to someone else. There is also exercise to make it up with...
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    4 scrambled eggs + 1 tbsp County Crock to scramble them + 1 banana = 280 + 50 + 105 = 435 calories

works for me too. i can add another egg and the total is only 505. or i can hard boil them and lose the 50 calories for the Country Crock. :)
  • rvicini
    Options
    Honestly, my egg for breakfast is sacred! I never miss it. I can have it either boiled or fried on olive oil.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I LOVE breakfast. If I eat a good breakfast I'm good for the day. If I don't, I overeat at night.
  • sometimes_blondie
    Options
    I've been eating more at breakfast, and I am much more satisfied throughout the day! My favorite is and eggwhite omelet cooked in coconut oil, with diced red pepper, then I eat that wrapped in whole wheat tortillas with 1/2 and avocoda. So yummy!!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Normally people who are starving after big breakfast went the Carb heavy breakfast which doesn't help with hunger as much as protein leaning breakfast.
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Breakfast works. One of my nieces was quite overweight, then all of a sudden she was losing. My mother (her grandmother) asked how she did it, to which the 16yr old replied "I started eating breakfast"... I too very often have a boiled egg with wholegrain toast with breakfast, porridge too. Mine are usually 400 - 500 calories
  • IronTitaness
    Options
    I completly adore arepas :love:
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    that sounds like a lot of breafast; I usually come in around 300
  • rvicini
    Options
    Mexicans eat avocado every day for breakfast also. I think it is good to eat protein in the morning...

I honestly hate those fixed diets. I have to eat what I like... I think people should know what is they are eating
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I think it just depends on the person and what they like/prefer. I am a peckish eater. There is no way I could eat 400 Cal in Breakfast. I like small meals, and I snack throughout the day. I have about 150 Cals for Breakfast and I am never starving and I have been successful in my weight loss. I think it all comes down to each person.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    4 scrambled eggs + 1 tbsp County Crock to scramble them + 1 banana = 280 + 50 + 105 = 435 calories

works for me too. i can add another egg and the total is only 505. or i can hard boil them and lose the 50 calories for the Country Crock. :)

I wouldn't personally eat 5 eggs a day....but there are days I eat two, usually I try to add a few egg whites + one egg.

That is a reasonable amount of calories though, and protein really keeps a person full.. unlike a granola bar or cereal!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I think it just depends on the person and what they like/prefer. I am a peckish eater. There is no way I could eat 400 Cal in Breakfast. I like small meals, and I snack throughout the day. I have about 150 Cals for Breakfast and I am never starving and I have been successful in my weight loss. I think it all comes down to each person.

That is true. I know people who feel sick if they eat breakfast early in the morning. Everyone functions differently...

For me... I am starving at 7AM, after a night of "fasting"... sleep.. my body wants energy to start off the day!
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    523 for me this morning, but that included a 220 cal protein shake. 54g of protein @ breakfast.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

I wouldn't personally eat 5 eggs a day....but there are days I eat two, usually I try to add a few egg whites + one egg.

That is a reasonable amount of calories though, and protein really keeps a person full.. unlike a granola bar or cereal!

yes, i wouldn't eat that many eggs every day either. it's not every day for me. it's just one of my breakfasts, eaten every 3 or 4 days. on others days it's oatmeal, or yogurt or sometimes just fruit. but i cycle through them so i don't get bored. but my breakfasts usually run between 385 and 520 calories in total. that's what i meant about it working for me. being in the vicinity of 400 +/- and feeling full from it.