What is with those 400 cal breakfasts?

Options

Replies

• rvicini
    rvicini Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Amman, it is on my dairy, they all usually come from the database. I do not live in the US so I may have some in spanish or local brands. The bread issliced bread not rolls. Rolls are usually more expensive in call terms because it is heavier

your diary is private bro...

Let me check what I can do. BTW, my idea is to help people to starve and liberate, not to make them overeat. Everything I eat I weight and check. It is my health what it counts really.
    I am happy to lose weight and mu message is that if you do it right you can eat what you like. Less, but at the end you can.

I can't, for instance, have the bread I used to have and at the times I had it.
    I can't, either, add sugar to my coffee or juices.
    I should not eat 2 arepas because it would cost me later.
    Cheese, it is expensive but it could be grated. There are low fat verdions of cheses and grate them so I can spread the flavour.

To me Amman, it is just a budget, a cal budget that you complement with exercise. I eat in average 1450 cals a day

I have found that for instance, avocado is a great option for me, I love boiled tomato, I like mushrooms, etc. It works for me.
    It is my message.
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I also have over 400 calories for breakfast (mon-fri) and I am never starving. I think it depends on the person. I am more of a breakfast person than lunch so I make sure I have an enjoyable breakfast and lighter lunch. Sometimes for lunch I only have half and hour so I tend to rush it anyway. Weekends are a different matter though as I am always hungry so I need to eat smaller calories to ensure I dont run out before dinner.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Shamrock...
    You tell me....a little expensive in cals but love them. It seems that unfortunately there is no way to find that dough where you live...
    I do not add the usual cheese, eggs or butter to the mix. I have the grated cheese on top with some butter and perhaps lean jam...
    I had never heard of an arepa so googled it. I like corn bread muffin and wondered if this was a similar consistency?
    Although I like eggs for breakfast, I usually add liquid egg to my normal egg to get more protein with fewer calories, but I cannot live on eggs for breakfast so like to add variety with oatmeal or bran flakes or even a pancake now and again. This morning I went to a restaurant and had biscuits & gravy and hashbrowns. It was delish and I won't have another meal until dinner this evening. I don't do that often, but every now and again I get a craving.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    ~800 cal breakfast
    photo_zpsb6a2c928.jpg

Yet still came under 1900cals for the day....gasp!:glasses:
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is about as much as yours is calorie-wise. I usually have an english muffin with a little butter on it, topped with one egg white and I also have a yogurt with it. That equals about 400 or a little over. I don't feel deprived at all too, so it's a bonus.
  • hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    My breakfasts are normally around 600 calories... I like a good kick-start!
  • rvicini
    Options
    store bought OJ... the kind you pay $7 per gallon for and which claims to be fresh... is really just water with flavor packets. it's a scam. they harvest the oranges, juice them (which let's be honest, is mostly water), store them in metal vats for up to a year, heat it, and extract the oxygen during storage which causes the orange taste to disappear. when they are ready to bottle it, they add back "orange flavored flavor packets". ever wonder why EVERY bottle of Tropicana tastes like every other bottle of Tropicana? it's the flavor packet you are tasting. same with the other major brands. it's a huge ripoff of consumers. if you want OJ, juice oranges yourself. that's what real OJ tastes like. i understand why the big brands do what they do in order to make their product available year round and to keep sucha perishable item from actually rotting, and brand name OJ is not bad for you per se, but why pay $7 for flavored water?

http://www.culinate.com/books/book_excerpts/squeezed
    http://news.yahoo.com/orange-juice-luxury-item-real-oj-already-173843222.html

Tropicana's Pure line of orange juices contains nothing but pure Valencia orange juice, squeezed right from the fruit and pasteurized for safety. This orange juice comes with or without pulp. There are also a few other fruit juice flavors in this line, such as mango and grapefruit. All juices in this line contain nothing but the pure juices of the fruits used and advertised on the label.

Read more: Tropicana Orange Juice Ingredients | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_5787826_tropicana-orange-juice-ingredients.html#ixzz29wadXKwf

Guybrush:
    110 cals very well spent on my way of looking at things...
    I am very fortunate to have freshly squeezed orange juice right from the orange from a juice vendor across the street I work!. 110 cals at 10 am and 3 pm that gets me going fine till the next meal...i used to eat bread in the afternoon at the office!
    I weight it though, because I weight everything
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    ~800 cal breakfast
    photo_zpsb6a2c928.jpg

YUM!
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest. I'm not comfortable doing a 400-cal breakfast because it feels like it's just too much for me. My average breakfast intake is between 230 and 350 calories. Then again, I eat about five to six times a day, spreading out my calories throughout the day. As some people know, I have Type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure. As a result, I have to watch my carbs (155 is the limit) and sodium (no more than 1500 mg) every day. Like fun_b said, it really depends on each person does for breakfast. Not everyone does 400-cal breakfasts, and some people don't even do breakfast at all. :happy:
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Google is my friend! Where do I start looking for Maize Flour in Scotland I wonder, arepas look really tasty and I think my breakfast should include them a couple of times a week too! I love breakfast, easily the most important meal of the day, I normally have poached egg, baked beans, grilled mushrooms and tomatoes. I found out the hard way that a protein based breakfast keeps me going longer than a carbs based meal. I don't even mind getting up earlier to make it, which is a miracle!!!
  • crazyeaCHANGED
    Options
    I tend not to have large breakfasts because I hate breakfast. I'd much rather use the calories on lunch and dinner, when I'm actually hungry.

This is the path I take.
  • onehurt
    onehurt Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Seems I am on the same wavelength as you on this. I usually have a egg or 2 of some sort, lately I have been doing the Egg Beaters. They are handy to make a omelet and low cal, but the sodium is higher. But gives me room for some other things. It seems what works works for me is to try to get enough low cal things to feel satisfied and it is worked so far....Very well the Doc has been happy the couple times I have seen him! So good for you it is working :wink:

Mark
  • rvicini
    Options
    Google is my friend! Where do I start looking for Maize Flour in Scotland I wonder, arepas look really tasty and I think my breakfast should include them a couple of times a week too! I love breakfast, easily the most important meal of the day, I normally have poached egg, baked beans, grilled mushrooms and tomatoes. I found out the hard way that a protein based breakfast keeps me going longer than a carbs based meal. I don't even mind getting up earlier to make it, which is a miracle!!!
    Tubbyelmo:
    Well, you are lucky. I found this for you:
    http://www.lapaella.co.uk/products/harina_pan.html
    :smile: :wink: :smile:
  • moraldd
    moraldd Posts: 99
    Options
    Nice discussion, very informative.
  • rvicini
    Options
    Seems I am on the same wavelength as you on this. I usually have a egg or 2 of some sort, lately I have been doing the Egg Beaters. They are handy to make a omelet and low cal, but the sodium is higher. But gives me room for some other things. It seems what works works for me is to try to get enough low cal things to feel satisfied and it is worked so far....Very well the Doc has been happy the couple times I have seen him! So good for you it is working :wink:

Mark

Nice to meet you Mark. 2 eggs would be too much for me. I usually avoid scrambled eggs at this particular time. Love omelettes and will try them with tomato and mushrooms. Cheese is what costs me too much.
  • rvicini
    Options
    To be honest, I have not gone to a pizza place. Too much cheese and cheese is not my friend these days.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Breakfast makes me cranky...
    i usually just have coffee
  • cravingskinnybody
    cravingskinnybody Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I know a friend who most days have 600 cals for breakfast!
  • SopranogirlCa
    SopranogirlCa Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    just a quick glance at everything you are eating it seems that your calculations are off or you are indulging in some heavily processed foods.

if you have 1 egg yolk and all that is 100+ calories plus the butter or spray or oil you decide to fry it in will add more calories

the ham is a 100 plus calories

2 pieces of any kind of bread is over 150 calories

the oj for 8 ounces is about 100 calories

that is 450 calories right there and we have not even added the other things you said you have...

so what is the secret to your amazing less than 400 calories feast????????

I found ham that is very low in fat and calories. The Schneider Fat Free cooked Ham has 50 calories in a 3 slices serving (57gr).
    Calorie breakdown: 0% fat, 33% carbs, 67% protein.

I eat it with 2 egg whites and a toast. Great breakfast (for me).
  • rvicini
    Options
    ~800 cal breakfast
    photo_zpsb6a2c928.jpg

I believe most of the 800 cal in that wonderful breakfast comes from the oil for the omelette and the CHEESE. As I said, I am on a budget and that cheese would not allow me to enjoy without hunger the rest of my personal day. Good for you if you can!