Women in their 30s with children please!

Options

Replies

• elenamillerfit
    elenamillerfit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. 34 with two kids 15 and 2 years old.
  • NVclark465
    NVclark465 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me! I've been on MFP since August and have lost 16 lbs. I am not 30 yet, but close enough! I have a 2.8 year old daughter and need to get in shape. Still have about 15 lbs to go! I log in every day and stay active. Share a lot of nutrition examples with friends and I give lot's of support! : ) You can do this!!!!
  • santini1975
    santini1975 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you! I'm Kate and I'm 37. My kids are 13 and 16- both girls and they are giving me gray hairs. I've gained weight since this summer so I'm working on fixing that >:(
    Please add me! I'm always looking for more motivation
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I am 38 and have a 13 yr old and a 15 yr old. I have a lot more to lose, so I'll be here for a while. :wink:
  • ohmelgosh79
    ohmelgosh79 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 32, single mom with an 8 yr old daughter.
  • ChickieAmbar
    ChickieAmbar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm 32, with an 11 year old son. Im new, only been active on this site for about 2 weeks, so i need friends!! :P

Ive been on a journey with my weight since I can remember.. with a critiquing mother, constantly putting me down, to a husband that would make comments like: "if you just lost 15 lbs you'd be a super model"
    Lets just say, I've had the odds stacked against me. I did rid myself of 1 mom and 1 husband when the times were right, no negative people for me thank you!

Im not a small girl by any means, height wise, I'm 6'1.. So of course normal sizes don't apply to me, and finding clothes that fit was and is a hassle, but have noticed the last 5 years has been a lil easier with the styles that are coming out. Im re-married to a lovely man now, who loves me for exactly who I am, no matter what size, which is nice to NOT have that added pressure of trying to make someone else happy.

During and After having my son, I did gain 100 lbs, being 6'1 @ 275lb is not fun... I did at one point 6 years later, loose all the weight and went a lil overboard.. 120 lbs at 6'1 is tiny tiny tiny, and a bit sick looking, I can see that now, but ohh if you would have asked me at the time, I was runway material lol (bad things happen when you starve yourself, you def loose the good parts of your personality) I even got selected for a TV show on Style network.. ahh hahahah I can laugh at myself now, but jeez, what was I thinking? lol

The last 2 years I've been working on gaining the weight and of course blinked, and the next think I know Im 20lbs overweight lol

So here, I am. Healthier mentality, Healthier lifestyle, Healthier relationships, Now i just need the these extra few pounds to go bye bye for my Vacation in Dec. We haven't been able to go on vacation in a few years due to the economy and life events that seems to strike in life, and after saving like hoarders, we were able to purchase a vacation to Hawaii.. but the idea of putting on that bikini is giving me panic attacks. I would love a support group of mature women with kids, it makes it so much easier when you have your down days! Add me as a friend, the added support is always welcome :)
  • deannabyrnenl
    Options
    I'm 38 and have one boy who is 8. I started a weight loss program in June and now have 22 pounds gone!!

I love this site and use it daily on my smartphone to keep track of what I'm eating.

Can't say I have any secrets to lose it - other than getting off my *kitten* everyday for a 5 km power walk with my 2 dogs and I've stopped eating take out (used to eat it on a daily basis).

Feel free to add me!!

Deanna
    NL Canada
  • shirin8
    shirin8 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm Shirin (33)...full time working mom to 3 (3, 2 and 1). If you are looking for daily motivation (and are willing to offer the same), please add me.
  • JessWolf1002
    JessWolf1002 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm not in my 30's, but I started my family early! I'm a mature 26 year old with 2 kids, 6 and 2. I have about 35 lbs I want to lose after gaining a lot of weight from my 2nd pregnancy. Feel free to add me anyone! :-)
  • hopefulsheena
    hopefulsheena Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. 30 years old with one 9 yr old boy. I have about 25 lbs to lose.
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
  • slomoj2000
    Options
    How do you add people??
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    I always love adding mommas! I am 32, two babes, 6 and 2! Feel free to add me!! Any of the mommas on here can.
    I hit my goal weight last week and have decided to push for 7 more pounds and would love to motivate and get motivation to push harder and reach some great healthy goals!!!
    I am a runner and let Jillian Michaels have her way with me three times a week. Anyway hope you all have a great day! Burn up some calories! ~Corina
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    HI, I am turning 31 this year and have 1 kid planning on the next one. (husband said we can only have 2 but I am not giving up..I want 3) :laugh:

Balancing the home life and time for myself is my biggest struggle. I feel guilty for taking the time for myself when rationally I know that is silly. Being healthy is the best way to spend that time.

Feel free to add me! I'd like fellow Momma support. :flowerforyou:
  • tflores
    tflores Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am 31, have two children. You can add me.
  • TheBackStory
    Options
    I'd love to have some support on mfp, feel free to add me. I'll turn 30 in November, work full time and married with 3 children (9, 2 1/2, and 4 months).
  • shaybell34
    shaybell34 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me , i have two kids 11 & 10 old.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 34, my daughter is almost 1 year old. I also don't have very much to lose, but it took me over a year to get motivated to start working on myself again. I still breast-feed. Feel free to add me. I understand how difficult it is to find the time and the energy to work out, to cook healthy meals every day. I started with Jillian Michaels 30 day shred workouts, because they only take 20 minutes of my time and that's all I can afford at the moment. The results are amazing though if you look at the before and after pictures of MFP members....
  • Ebethlonghorn
    Ebethlonghorn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 37 with a 3 yr old and 1 yr old. I put on 60 lbs with my first, lost about 50 then got preggo again. Gained about 30 with the second, so that left me 40 pounds over weight. I have lost over 30 pounds since my second and have 10 left for goal weight BUT ugw would be another 20 pounds (this would be the smallest I have ever been). My routine is hectic so I start at 5:30. I work out on the treadmill then abs. After 9 hours at the office then the additional 4 hours at home getting dinner, school lunch, clothes and typical household chores...I am pooped...I absolutely have to work out in the morning.

It has been a LONG process. I fall off my routine but jump right back on. My hardest has been alcohol! I love a "drink night" once a week but the after math is HORRIBLE!!! I seem to gain 5 pounds every time I drink...so this last month, no alcohol and man has the weight melted off!

You can do this...you got this...you are a SUPER WOMAN - You are a mom!!!
  • sofia10811
    sofia10811 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38 yr old mother of 3 - 16 yo boy, 14 yo boy and 1 yo girl. I have about 60lbs left to lose. I've lost roughly 14lbs so far since the beginning of Sept. Feel free to add me. I could also use the support and encouragement.