So when do you say goodbye to MFP?

Options
GoMizzou99
GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
I found MFP late in my weight loss journey (lost 70 pounds total) and it was rerally helpful for fine tuning my diet when I was close to my goal weight. I made it to maintenance in February of this year. I tried to quit MFP meal tracking a time or two but failed a little and had to stay with it. I think I have it down now and my training regarding portion sizes, acceptable foods, exercise, etc. is complete. The only reason I am still on MFP, I guess, is habit, keeping the days-logged-on streak alive, and keeping in touch with my MFP pals.

So I have to ask the question...So when do you say goodbye to MFP?

Anyone else have the same dilema going on?

Replies

• Skyfire23
    Options
    Why not stay if you like it?
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
  • Agirard25
    Agirard25 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I went 3-4 months without it and put back on 9 of the 30 lbs that I lost....I guess say goodbye if you can deal with saying hello to putting some of the weight back on....I am back on here now to kiss those 9 lbs goodbye again
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    never ever
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    I have no plans on saying goodbye when I get to maintenance...then again, that is quite a ways off! But, I plan on staying her for support, motivation, and such for a s long as I am able to!!
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I have no plans on saying goodbye when I get to maintenance...then again, that is quite a ways off! But, I plan on staying her for support, motivation, and such for a s long as I am able to!!

YAY :flowerforyou: *Me too*
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

^^^This
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I will say goodbye when I reach my goal. I lost alot of weight before MFP and I use MFP to log workouts, but not really for food. The friendships are nice too, but all good things must come to an end. I don't think anyone should feel they have to stay on MFP for life just to keep off weight. We should take the tools that we learn and continue to apply them after we reach our goal. Everyone is different though and has to do what's best for them. I believe for me to stay on MFP after I reach my goal will be more of a distraction than anything else.
  • mulderpf
    mulderpf Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I did something similar to this before (not as exact as calorie counting and not as "free") and I stopped doing it the day that I reached my goal and went straight back up plus some more.

Today I am the same weight my previous goal and I've got only a bit to go to reach my final goal (probably two weeks). I won't however give up on MFP - I don't mind using it for the foreseeable future or at least until I get into a good groove.

I've lowered my goal to just 0.5 lbs a week now and it's already a whole different ball game to 1 lbs a week. It's quite a thing to get used to and I can imagine that one I get to where I want to maintain, it would take some getting used to also.

I also like tinkering with things, so I might end up playing around with MFP and my weight to see how different things affect weight loss. MFP gives you the tools to do this (rather than randomly stab in the dark).

So for me, the answer is NEVER!!! (Not for the foreseeable future will I give it up).
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I used another site for several years....and after I lost 85 lbs over a year and a half I stayed with it for another few months faithfully logging. THen started logging food less and less. My weight slowly came back on until I had regained 45 of those pounds. I maintained at that weight for 3 more years until I had a baby.

I was told by someone who had kept off 120 lbs for over 13 years that she would always have to write down what she eats to keep herself honest and keep her weight down.

MFP is only a tool. If you feel like you can get the job done without it then quit.

What i've learned is that Losing weight is easy. Maintaining your weight is the hard part.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    I say it would depend on how disciplined you are. As a diabetic, I was told in class to measure my food every night for the first 3 months then I could cut it down to twice a week because if you do not see how big a half cup of corn is on your plate you will probably eat more than that. I know that after a month I measured my food and about freaking starved over what I thought were correct portions. I would say the same applies here, you start estimating you calorie intake and now you take in more than you think on a more regular basis. That is my take but it really is an individual decision. Good luck!
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Why stop something that is working for you? Even if you are at maint. MFP is tool for your healthy lifestyle. I worried about this just recently because I am getting close to my goal and after logically looking at everything I decided I am not dependent upon MFP to eat right BUT I love when I am our and want to eat somewhere I can refer to MFP which provides me with the info I need to make better choices. Good Luck and Congratulations on your success.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    never.

next question!
  • butler879
    butler879 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I dont use it like I did. I now have developed a lifestyle of eating that I don't usually need to plug into a program. However, I still check some things here and there, especially if I am eating out. I do still read the success stories.
  • sandra152
    Options
    never I enjoy the chats too
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Its like my new Facebook. :love:
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    research says if you are held accountable you will have greater lasting success... even if you only log your weight once a week youshould keep using
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options

What i've learned is that Losing weight is easy. Maintaining your weight is the hard part.

^^^ this. I would love to think that one day I would be a responsible grown up who can maintain weight with little effort, I have a feeling it's going to take me a long time to get into comfortable eating habits for that though
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I don't think I will ever leave. I have made some really wonderful friends here, and I couldn't imagine not having them in my life.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Studies show that those who track their calorie intake keep their weight maintained longer than those who didn't. I've been tracking for 7-8 years now and have maintained my weight loss since then. I may not be as diligent as I was during the weight loss months but I still track at least 5 days a week, and on the days I don't I keep a mental tally in my head.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!