So when do you say goodbye to MFP?

Options

Replies

• selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Never just keep logging and enjoy the friends and all the talk with everyone
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Neeeever! LOL
    I was wondering the same thing...if I would ever stop logging food and I've proven that I can't trust myself without it, so for now and for the forseeable future, I'm hoping to become a regular fixture here. After I've been able to not have to log, I'm hoping that it's because I've reached my goal weight, I'd like to stick around and be a help and as awesome to others as a LOT of people - especially those on my friends list - has been to me! Gotta pay it forward!
  • LaSweetMini
    LaSweetMini Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Singing in the melody of hotel california:
    You can log off anytime you like, but you JUST CANT EVER LEAVE!!!!!!!!!! (Guitar solo)
    :laugh: :mad:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    The value of the support system I have built here is immeasurable. So, never.
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    I have no plans on saying goodbye when I get to maintenance...then again, that is quite a ways off! But, I plan on staying her for support, motivation, and such for a s long as I am able to!!

YAY :flowerforyou: *Me too*

Same here :)

I haven't been here a lot because I'm moving around (4 cities and 2 countries on less than 2 years, oh! and I lived in the same city twice), but I like to read, get support, information, and I plan in staying here as long as I can. I don't log my food anymore, I got a plan with a nutritionist and it works better for me. But MFP is a great site and I want to stay here to get and give support
  • AishaL1
    AishaL1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I will say goodbye when I reach my goal. I lost alot of weight before MFP and I use MFP to log workouts, but not really for food. The friendships are nice too, but all good things must come to an end. I don't think anyone should feel they have to stay on MFP for life just to keep off weight. We should take the tools that we learn and continue to apply them after we reach our goal. Everyone is different though and has to do what's best for them. I believe for me to stay on MFP after I reach my goal will be more of a distraction than anything else.

I totally agree! I lost a lot of weight before MFP, and was looking for some additional help to fine tune my progress. I now need to work on my fitness routine. I know MFP community can give me the support, and motivation I'm looking for.

MFP is a great tool to utilize for weight loss, and management, but my goal is to be able to do it on my own.

I do wish everyone well! :)
  • ShannonMichelle1985
    Options
    I plan to always stay with MFP... Even after I reach my final goal. That way i wont have to worry about gaining my weight back. MFP will keep me in check even after i reach my goal
  • athryn
    athryn Posts: 59
    Options
    This lifestyle change is permanent for me, so I don't plan on saying goodbye, ever. The National Weight Control Study showed that many of the successful long-term losers still continued to log their caloric intake after they had lost their weight, as a way of keeping on the wagon.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    The only time I will quit is if I can stay paleo forever, because when eating paleo it's hard to go over cals..
  • thenewmrsgant
    thenewmrsgant Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm never, ever, ever leaving! Stopping my tracking in the past has been the cause of me slipping back into bad habits. I absolutely love this site and my MFP friends...I refuse to leave! lol
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I didn't join MFP to lose weight, I joined to set an example for my family to log and keep track of their food.

I joined some 400+ days ago at 5'11 172 lbs...I've always been a runner and eat pretty cleanly...less the occasional gin & tonic ;)

I lost another 5 lbs running a marathon but didn't intend to lose anything, it just happened.

I still log every day, run 4-5 races a year, and just try and continue to set a good example for others.

I'll always keep MFP, it's a great site and doesn't take a lot of my time. Why leave?
  • MimiCro
    MimiCro Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Its like my new Facebook. :love:

haha, for me too
  • MrDelts
    MrDelts Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Im staying forever.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I won't make that mistake again....caused me to gain 10lbs..and miss out on the greatest support in the world....Here for Life....lol
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Never :)
  • melonheadPHX
    Options
    You have a working fuel gauge in your car?

3 years and still going...
  • BlueLadyBug22
    BlueLadyBug22 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I guess when I no longer have an internet connection :P But I would be back asap! Even after losing weight I would like the extra help to maintain. I never want to be this fat again!
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I found MFP late in my weight loss journey (lost 70 pounds total) and it was rerally helpful for fine tuning my diet when I was close to my goal weight. I made it to maintenance in February of this year. I tried to quit MFP meal tracking a time or two but failed a little and had to stay with it. I think I have it down now and my training regarding portion sizes, acceptable foods, exercise, etc. is complete. The only reason I am still on MFP, I guess, is habit, keeping the days-logged-on streak alive, and keeping in touch with my MFP pals.

So I have to ask the question...So when do you say goodbye to MFP?

Anyone else have the same dilema going on?
    Yeah, I used to talk like that... about 3 years ago. I told myself that I could quit anytime. I just "wanted to keep my streak alive" or "wanted to keep in touch". Hear me now, and listen to me later - GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN! NOOWW!!! RUN!!!
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    It's interesting because like, now I have no reason to stop using MFP even though I'm in maintenance and I am really only working on making sure I get enough protein every day. But anyways, I don't imagine myself stopping in the near future, I like it on here and I like to know what I'm eating. But, I also don't imagine myself being like 40 and still using MFP. Who's to say this site will even still be here? So... I guess I'll just keep logging until I know that I can keep up my healthy lifestyle without it.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I don't think you ever do.

Anyone who loses a significant amount of weight and wants to keep it off needs support & encouragement to do so. Ok, you might get to the stage where you are exercising regularly and/or have your diet sussed, but like anyone else with an addiction - and while this may not apply to everyone on MFP, I do believe the majority of us on here, certainly those of us who have yo-yo'd and struggled with our weight maintenance, have addictive personalities and issues with eating habits - we need our sponsors, our friends in similar situations who have been there, done that, and who understand us better than our nearest and dearest who may never have had such issues with food and weight-gain in their lives.

I know a few of my MFPeeps have reached goal and are no longer logging regularly, but I'm sure they'll pop back from time to time to check in and keep on the straight & narrow :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!