So when do you say goodbye to MFP?

Options

Replies

• Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    MFP should have a slogan - "Come to lose the weight - stay to keep it off."

I'll use it as long as it's free and convenient in helping me track my daily calories and exercise. It's completely possible to do that on your own, but why go through that hassle when you have a tool like this?
  • jvdx
    jvdx Posts: 57
    Options
    never, i need to track my food. im trying to gain weight, still need to count everything to know if im going too high / too low on calories.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    When you are ready to say goodbye. Some may never be ready and some may be ready shortly after reaching their goals. I think you need to find a blance - perhaps just checking in once a month or so or maybe its staying forever.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    In the words of a very wise person:

Never ever ever.

Like ever.
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I agree I don't want to do this all my life. I just want to naturally be able to exercise when I'm supposed to and eat healthy.
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm not planning on quitting MFP once I meet my goal weight. I enjoy my daily interactions here. :smile:
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Till the next big and great community comes around. Normally when a site becomes more popular it gets commercialized.
  • mocha106
    mocha106 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Studies show that those who track their calorie intake keep their weight maintained longer than those who didn't. I've been tracking for 7-8 years now and have maintained my weight loss since then. I may not be as diligent as I was during the weight loss months but I still track at least 5 days a week, and on the days I don't I keep a mental tally in my head.

^^This. Such a great plan. Keeping a food journal is so important when trying to lose/maintain weight.
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    These folks are like a family to me. I'm staying!!!!
  • phatnotfat81
    Options
    Its like my new Facebook. :love:

^^^^ditto^^^ i have since deleted my facebook
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I doubt I'd ever fully quit, but I also highly doubt I'll log everyday for the rest of my life once I reach maintenance. I'll probably continue to stick around to check calorie content of certain items and budget in certain meals, but not log every ketchup packet or whatever.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've been here in maintenance about three times as long as I was losing.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I'll probably never leave it.

It tracks everything nicely and I can use it to maintain the weight when I get to it- that I find it's like a product facebook!
  • Ke1ra78
    Ke1ra78 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I don't think I will ever leave. I have made some really wonderful friends here, and I couldn't imagine not having them in my life.

^^^this. :-)
  • JessieTangerine
    JessieTangerine Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I had been eating at a high calorie restriction since January so early this fall I decided to eat at maintenance for a month just to see what it was like. At first it was pretty awesome, I was finally feeling full but I also was not gaining weight so I slowly stopped tracking food. Over that month all the foods that I had been eating only in moderation, cake, cookies, ice cream slowly started to take over my diet.

Obviously I still need to track. The good news is I don't think the issue is with portion size and whatnot and more to do with bad foods crowding out good ones. My plan for once I do get to my goal (no pot- I do not think its becoming on a woman) is to ween myself off tracking every single bite and instead just keep tallies to make sure im getting all my vegetables and fruit for the day, and maybe just keeping track of fiber. I honestly cannot foresee me calorie counting for the rest of my life.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Its like my new Facebook. :love:

Ditto, but way better than FB! :smile:
  • Mikerails
    Mikerails Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    MFP should have a slogan - "Come to lose the weight - stay to keep it off."

I'll use it as long as it's free and convenient in helping me track my daily calories and exercise. It's completely possible to do that on your own, but why go through that hassle when you have a tool like this?

Or maybe:

"You can check-out any time you like, But you can never leave! " - not if you want to maintain your weight loss:)
  • BabyLeila23
    Options
    Never :smile:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    In my experience, when people start itching to stop calorie counting, it's not the counting that's the problem, it's the accountability. Consciously or unconsciously, they're headed for a slippery slope of overeating and unaccountability. But you can ditch your MFP, and you can avoid the scale, but you can't trick your belts! Accountability comes a knocking eventually, and then we're still here when the person comes back. I don't ever plan to leave. Y'all are stuck with me!

Until I get 2 more strikes that is....
  • LaSweetMini
    LaSweetMini Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE :devil:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!