So when do you say goodbye to MFP?

Options

Replies

• kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    NEVER LEAVE YOU WILL GET MFP CURSE AND GAIN ALL WEIGHT BACK!

muhahahha.... LOL>
  • msacurrie
    msacurrie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    If you have trouble maintaining your weight, then stay and log if you'd like. If you're fine in your new lifestyle and you do not want to waste time here on MFP, then say goodbye :) you can always leave the account open and sign on every now and then if you need advice, want to check in with your MFP friends, etc. :)
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    after my third strike......
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    NEVER LEAVE YOU WILL GET MFP CURSE AND GAIN ALL WEIGHT BACK!

:laugh: :happy: :laugh: :happy: :laugh: :wink: :laugh: :happy: :laugh: :happy:

He's joking, Right?!?
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I'm not there yet... so just guessing. I know in the past that when I stopped tracking I sometimes stopped the behavior. Drinking water is now a habit, so I check that I'm still drinking enough every once in awhile (usually less than once/month).
    My guess is that I'll need to track maintenance for as long as it takes me to get there. In other words, if it takes me a year to lose the weight, I'll need another year of maintenance tracking. Then continue to "check in" occasionally to say "hi", whenever I go "out of bounds" for my maintenance, or whenever something disrupts my life and my habits may need to adjust.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    You dont, and you shouldnt. I have been at my goal for almost 2 years ( in a couple of weeks) and I spent the last year dealing with some major sports related injuries. MFP keeps you HONEST, and helps you through the times when you cant be perfect. I am always sad to see people leave, it is a daily part of my life, you eat, you log. Good and bad.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I don't plan to ever say goodbye to MFP. It's been so much a part of me being able to get the weight that I regained from being lazy back off again. I need it to keep myself accountable and keep the weight off now and in the future.
  • Greg3705
    Greg3705 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Your experience can help others. So never leave
  • boogie17
    boogie17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    NEVER
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on leaving.. This has helped keep me accountable for myself.
  • TeresaOH1
    TeresaOH1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    In the words of a very wise person:

Never ever ever.

Like ever.

VERY VERY WISE!
  • TeresaOH1
    TeresaOH1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Its like my new Facebook. :love:

I can say things on here that I don't feel comfortable telling all my Facebook friends, so this is my second Facebook! <3

Perfectly said!! Facebook friends don't care what you ate or if you exercised, etc. Except for my "Scentsy Sisters" all of my facebook friends are either friends or aquaintances in real life. I have enjoyed meeting new people on here! It could be a combination facebook/match.com! LOL - at least in here, people are less likely to post 15 year old pictures of themselves!:wink:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I have tried over and over to stop logging and I gian weight every time. This might be forever.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    will probably stay as long as id like to keep a food diary because that is what helps me stay on track and will help me to maintain. im not at maintenance. i have about 20 more lb. i'd like to lose, but i've recently stopped being as social on the site because i just dont feel it anymore. i use it mainly for the food diary now.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    even when i get where i want to be, i will still stay on mfp..i have so many great friends that i love supporting and would never leave them.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    As of now I'm plan to be on here for the long haul. To me this is not just about support for weight loss but a support system for healthy living. It's nice to be surrounded by a collective group of people with the same interests....it keeps me motivated and inspired.
  • noriri
    noriri Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't see why you should say good bye. You could be a great source of inspiration to another person who is where you once were. This is hard work, and many of us wouldn't do as well completely on our own. I think it also would keep you accountable and perhaps aid you in avoiding the pitfall of returning to your former habits.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    I've only left once with the intent of not coming back. It lasted just over a week. I didn't realize how much I needed my support crew in keeping me accountable and motivated. Perhaps its just because of where I'm at right now, in my life, but no less. During the week I was gone I was still in touch with several dear friends. Because if you allow them to - people here will become true friends. Whether you've only met them virtually or not. And I want to be here for those people too. Especially when I've watched some of them grow (or whittle away) over the past year. They're a part of my experience and if I allow them, my life. But you have to be careful too...there is a lot to get caught up in around this site since it's full of wounded people. We all stopped caring for ourselves at some point and for a reason...and if we lose the weight/get healthy but fail to address those reasons, we'll just find new "addictions" to replace food. I should stop now...I could write a book on this. ;)
  • NVgal
    NVgal Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I would have to say NEVER too especially during maintenence. This site is the best thing to happen to me!
  • NVgal
    NVgal Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I wish we could "LIKE" a post like on Facebook! Well said Tami!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!