Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30

Options

Replies

• DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    My butt is KILLING me from this! I had a rest day, thank goodness. Back at it tomorrow! LOL!
  • jdfraser85
    jdfraser85 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting RI30 week 2 tomorrow. I need more friends! Please feel free to add me!!
  • _chrysanthe_
    Options
    I just bought Ripped in 30! Excited to try it tomorrow. If there is anyone else doing it please add me. I'm new here and could use some friends.
  • mimiassad
    Options
    Hi! I just finished one month of Ripped in 30 and have definitely lost some inches here and there. I was planning on upping the weights I use and starting it over, and it sounds like that's what you did for more results? Just wondering though, how do you log the workouts calorie wise? I couldn't find it when I searched. I just started using myfitnesspal today... Thanks!
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just finished one month of Ripped in 30 and have definitely lost some inches here and there. I was planning on upping the weights I use and starting it over, and it sounds like that's what you did for more results? Just wondering though, how do you log the workouts calorie wise? I couldn't find it when I searched. I just started using myfitnesspal today... Thanks!

I log it as "circuit training." I don't have a monitor...
  • amrozek93
    amrozek93 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am doing RI30 now. I just started day 1. For those of you who are asking about results of 30DS, mine were incredible. I did it last summer and was amazed at the results. I posted a link to my before and after pictures below! Go check it out if you're curious.

http://stay-radiant.tumblr.com/post/28483594623/heres-my-stomach-abs-before-and-after-the-30-day#notes
  • Jess830409
    Jess830409 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I just started Ripped in 30 yesterday :) My first thought was that it is alittle easier than 30 Day Shred - which I just finished. But I think it will challenge me if I up my weights to 8-10lbs

Any thoughts? :)
  • NESIBEAU
    NESIBEAU Posts: 20
    Options
    Started day 1 today. Didint finish though as I am sick. Hopefully will tackle it again tommorrow :-(
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I just started Ripped in 30 yesterday :) My first thought was that it is alittle easier than 30 Day Shred - which I just finished. But I think it will challenge me if I up my weights to 8-10lbs

Trust me when I say you will only feel this way with Level 1 of Ripped!
  • Jess830409
    Options

I'm glad you posted that :-) It is good to know that it will still be a challenge. Thank you
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I also have done this program several times through. Now I only do one of the workouts here or there. I get bored very easy with the same workouts over and over so I have about a million workout DVDs (it feels like it anyway) so I mix it up a lot. It is a great DVD and you will see results. But like all Jillian DVDs, your results will probably be in inches lost rather than weight loss.
  • mdivamuffin
    mdivamuffin Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've been doing RI30 but am a bit confused as to how many times we have to do it?? I thought that as she says in the beginning to do it 5/6 days a week that if we do it 6 days a week in total we will have done it 24 days? Or should we continue on the next week and do each week 7 times?
    Sorry if this post is confusing.
    I did 5 days of week 1, 6 days of week 2 . Am currently in the middle of week 3, going to do 6 days and the 6 days of week 4. Haven't seen any results yet, maybe this is why. am i doing it wrong?
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • sarahjay1
    sarahjay1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Bump...same question regarding the number of days per exercise.
  • Fitfully_me
    Options
    I've been doing RI30 but am a bit confused as to how many times we have to do it?? I thought that as she says in the beginning to do it 5/6 days a week that if we do it 6 days a week in total we will have done it 24 days? Or should we continue on the next week and do each week 7 times?
    Sorry if this post is confusing.
    I did 5 days of week 1, 6 days of week 2 . Am currently in the middle of week 3, going to do 6 days and the 6 days of week 4. Haven't seen any results yet, maybe this is why. am i doing it wrong?

30 days as in a calendar month. 4 weeks in a month, 4 levels in the workout. 1 level per week. Do the workout 5 or 6 days, your choice. Gauge whether you feel you need 1 day's rest or 2.

RE: your results. Do you feel challenged doing the workout? How's your eating?

Also, what standards are you using to measure progress? The scale, tape measure, photos?

I completed Ripped recently (Did it for the month of June) Didn't see much movement on the scale, but lost inches.
  • Fitfully_me
    Options

I'm glad you posted that :-) It is good to know that it will still be a challenge. Thank you

Have you started week 2 yet? If so, how'd your first workout go?
  • Jess830409
    Options

Have you started week 2 yet? If so, how'd your first workout go?

Haven't started Week 2 yet. I did up the weight alittle and it is more challenging that way. Will keep ya posted on progress. I am also doing C25K, Turbo Fire HIITS (mixed in) and a squat challenge lol....so my Jillian days are more like 3 a week insted of 5
  • carrien9
    carrien9 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Did you also do the diet plan or just the workout? I am curious because I'm just finishing up week 1 and have only been doing the workout and sticking to my diet that I have been doing previously (1350 cal/day + reduced sodium) so I'm wondering if you "need" to do her diet plan or if it still works just sticking with your own....
  • Fitfully_me
    Options
    Did you also do the diet plan or just the workout? I am curious because I'm just finishing up week 1 and have only been doing the workout and sticking to my diet that I have been doing previously (1350 cal/day + reduced sodium) so I'm wondering if you "need" to do her diet plan or if it still works just sticking with your own....

Not sure which one of us this was directed to, but I did not follow the eating plan. Just continued eating at my normal deficit.
    As I stated previously though, I didn't lose lots of weight while doing RI30. Only about two pounds.
  • carrien9
    carrien9 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I lost, I believe it was 9 inches doing Ripped. I blogged about it here (and there are lots of pics) http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mariposa224/view/finishing-ripped-in-30-amazed-at-inches-lost-285798. This is one of my results pics as well.
    7461823074_57be0e7e5c_z.jpg

I liked Ripped a LOT better than I did 30DS, but I believe that I would've found it much more difficult if I hadn't done 30DS first.