sselraef Posts: 66 Member
may I see some progress please?
How much, and how long did it take?
any secrets? :)

Replies

• hem8787
    hem8787 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pictures but I am 5'5 1/2 and started at 143lbs in January. I am now 127.5 lbs. I have had a really slow weight loss. It took me a while to figure out the right amount of calories to eat. I started with the MFP recommended of 1200 and it was actually hindering my weight loss. I think it was too few calories and was slowing my metabolism. I upped my daily calorie limit to 1500. I try to hit the gym 3-4 times per week for at least an hour each time. I have focused mostly on weight lifting. When I do cardio, I run or do the elliptical machine. The weight lifting is really helping me lose fat and tone up. I've lost 2 inches off my waist. Like I said, it's been a very slow weight loss, but I feel confident that I will be able to meet my goal and that with a slower weight loss, I will be less likely to gain it back.. Good luck!
  • Evelyneh
    Options
    I'm 5'9'', but yeah! I've lost about 50 lbs in 2 years... slow as hell, but I never thought I would make it...ever. ever. The only thing that's ever been true for me is that you have to switch it up to see results. If your body gets used to a small amount of food, you have to lessen it or increase it, if your body gets used to one exercise, you've gotta try something new (the human body is a bit of an *kitten* like that) - I don't think height affects the way your body loses weight, but, hell, I saw a new topic and figured I'd drop in and say hi, haha.
  • sselraef
    Options
    glad you feel good
    so proud of you :)
  • sselraef
    Options
    I'm 5'9'', but yeah! I've lost about 50 lbs in 2 years... slow as hell, but I never thought I would make it...ever. ever. The only thing that's ever been true for me is that you have to switch it up to see results. If your body gets used to a small amount of food, you have to lessen it or increase it, if your body gets used to one exercise, you've gotta try something new (the human body is a bit of an *kitten* like that) - I don't think height affects the way your body loses weight, but, hell, I saw a new topic and figured I'd drop in and say hi, haha.

how did you switch it up??
  • lioness0806
    lioness0806 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I'm 5'6 and started MFP a little more than a month ago. I lost about six lbs. right away and now my weight loss has slowed. I'm doing mostly strength exercises now and I've lost a little over 1.5 inches in my waist. I get my cardio at work (I'm in construction and on my feet all day). I've joined a group Eat More 2 Weigh Less and it's helped. I'm now eating at my recommended calorie count for my lifestyle. At this point, I care more about being toned and losing inches than what it says on the scale.
  • MsJayeKaye
    MsJayeKaye Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    No pics to post but I'm 5'7" and I've lost 30 pounds since June 2012. Looking to lose another 15 at least. My heaviest weight was 222.1 in October 2011. Starting weight in June 2012 was 215. As of 10/13, I'm at 184.7. My next weigh in is on Saturday, 10/27.

My exercise of choice is Jazzercise and I do at least 6 classes a week. I burn anywhere from 400 - 550 calories a class depending on the intensity.

I don't drink soda or juice. My beverage of choice is water and I drink at least 10 cups a day.
  • mgram2
    mgram2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I went from 162 to 122.8 in about 16 months.
    You can read my profile for more info -- but I really don't ever exercise.. I lost my weight but watching calories.
  • lucyinthesky2007
    lucyinthesky2007 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm 5'5 1/2. I joined MFP almost 2 yrs ago but have only been serious about weightloss for the passed 8ish months. I started at 210lbs. and was 165 as of this morning. My goal is a toned 150-145ish. I'm pretty proud of how far I've come. Im finally happy with what i see in the mirror again. I haven't really been following a "diet" or "eating plan" I've just really watched my portions, added more fruits and veggies, and cut out soft drinks completely. I never feel deprived....if I want a cookie, I have a cookie! I just make sure I don't eat the whole package Lol! Also making a conscience effort to be far more active. Jogging 3 days a week and doing strength training 4-5 days a week. I'm just trying to make healthy choices----> a life change not a diet!

*good luck on your journey! If I can do it, anyone can! :) Admittedly I'm the laziest couch potato you will ever meet and could eat my weight in chocolate! Lol! Oh and I don't have any pics other than my profile pic but it shows my progress pretty well.
  • lcoreo5
    lcoreo5 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Check out my profile pic, i am 5'6" i started at 240, i am down to 160. i did it under a year. good luck to you! success is within us all!
  • Bobbie_89
    Bobbie_89 Posts: 146
    Options
    This is a during picture. I'm 5'7 SW-270.8 in May2012 and in this picture I'm 240.6 that was taken on Oct. 3 2012 I have about 40lbs to loss to get to my first actual goal of 200. After I reach that then I'll decide where I want to be.

545847_10151186266871797_1308421224_n.jpg
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Keep 'em coming! I'm 5'-5.5" and I love to hear and see the results. I hope to join you success stories soon!
  • marytavila
    Options
    cut out all carbs, tons of water, no soda or anything else...protein and veggies, fruits for treat...water water water, and walking, you will drop weight like crazy.
  • marytavila
    Options
    Hey girl, you are doing great, it is NOT supposed to be fast. If its fast it doesn't last! Keep up the good work. Do things you LOVE to do for exercise! Get creative. Live your life.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm a little above the threshold, at 5'8. But I've lost 34 lbs in the past 6 months. Sometimes I have good days and sometimes I have bad days, but the thing that I keep telling myself to stay motivated is that we can change. Had an unhealthy food day today? That's alright; just decide RIGHT NOW that right this second you are going to shake it off and start some good decision-making.
    I also agree with the person who said to switch it up every once in a while. I used to do a lot of uphill brisk walking, and it was a workout! But even then, when my weight loss started to slow, I started implementing jogging and biking.

Here are my progress photos so far. I hope to lose about 15 more lbs.
    As you can see, I've still got a big butt and hips, but I doubt those will go away anytime soon... :(
    20924049_1281.jpg
    20924049_9221.jpg
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", started at 215, about 18mo ago. Was 125 on scale this morning, been on maintenance 6-7mo. Stopped eating junk & started moving. I'm afraid there isn't any magic. Good luck to you all. You can do this.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Ummm, I've been doing this since August 18 (i believe) 2011. I did Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme. I know lifting weights. Not really any secrets. I ate anything I wanted to in the 1st 8 months & lost 43lbs. Then I started eating cleaner, not completely clean though. A few months ago I went Gluten Free, because it was giving me some problems problem.

progressmore_zpsc9327c2a.png

I'm still fat & need a lot of work, but this is how what I've did & how I did it.
    Oh yeah, I'm 5'5
  • emmajohnson747
    emmajohnson747 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and 18 years old.So far i've lost 36 pounds and I'm almost halfway to my goal weight 135.:happy:

picisto-20121021223329-394405_zps7a2468a6.jpg
    IMG_2396_zps547df953.jpg
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    5'7, started at 143lb. Got down to 131 doing the MFP suggested calories and cardio/elliptical 5-6 days a week. At 131, I plateaued and realized I was skinny fat and started doing weights 3x week, I'm doing NROL4W. I'm still doing cardio 5 days a week, but changed it to HIIT. I also started eating more by changing calories to the TDEE/in place of a road map thing. I'm still right around 131-133, but I've lost a few inches and I feel tighter and think I look better since adding weights.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    You can see the biggest difference in these photos in my face. I am 5'6

220lbs in Feburary

8114917381_07dc46934d.jpg

185 lbs in October

8114927266_686048682d.jpg
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I don't know why the images are being stupid and not showing.
    Just make the [IMG]lowercase instead of uppercase :)[/img]
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!