5'5 to 5'7 females

Options

Replies

• needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, Have gone from 296 to 220 as of this am, started in Sept 2011. Have to figure out how to post the pictures as I'm really happy with how I look.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    1knvd4HTqjtpQe3XEIjk9aCCo4G5E1796.jpg
    thennn.png
    now-1.png

no time to edit now pic... but anyways its 140lbs and muscle added haha
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I started this journey at 154, now I am at 144...Would like to get to 135 but I am happy where I am.:happy:
  • Jass_mal
    Jass_mal Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm 5'5" and started out at 150lbs in April 2012. I did two rounds of insanity, cleaned up my eating but not 100%, and drank lots of water. I lost a total of 27 lbs and got down to 123 lbs. I am currently at 124 lbs and I have been maintaining for over a month now and still trying to get the hang of it. I still workout 6x/week. I would like to pursue weight training in the very near future and put some muscle on.

Before:
    r10.jpg

Currently:
    047.jpg
  • mrsmark2010
    Options
    I'm 5'7'' (7.5 on good days) and quickly approaching 40. I started out July 2011 at about 155-158. Did boot camp at local university from July 11-July 12. Starting in Jan 12, I added in a second workout, completed p90x, then insanity. In August, I stopped bootcamp and started working out with hubby in the evening (still do a morning workout, lots of insanity days, some elliptical, or random workouts I find on pinterest). So after 1.5 years I'm down to 127-130 depending on my sodium intake. I went from a maximum size of 14 (several years ago) to about a 10 when I started my fitness trek to a 2 now (sometimes 0-4 depending on brand). I'll change my profile pic to a before-after-after.

I've tried to eliminate as much sugar as possible and maximize my lean protein.
  • ssalmfp
    ssalmfp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I only started about 5 weeks ago, so I don't have any pictures yet (I basically still look the same, as far as I'm concerned). I started at 163, and I'm just about at 148 right now, so that's 15lbs in 5 weeks (including one week of vacation where I was pretty bad with food). My initial goal was in the 140's, but after seeing so many before and after photos, I think in the 130's is reasonable for me. Hopefully I will actually see results when I've lost 25-30 lbs. I would like to get there by the end of the year, but we will see how that goes for me. I'm expecting the weight loss to slow down at some point, especially since we're coming upon the holidays soon.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

I'd like to know the calorie goal that has been the most successful for you. I know it's not a one size fits all kinda thing, but some of you currently have or started with very similar stats to mine. I'm 31 y.o. and 5'6 started at 222 lbs about a month ago. I've lost about 10lbs now. MFP recommends I eat 1340 calories, but I'm worried that may be too low in conjunction with my exercise (strength training 3x/week, cardio 3x/week). After reading a few recommendations I started eating back some of my exercise calories this week. I just want to make sure I am doing this the right way so that I lose body fat and get stronger and put on muscle at the same time. Loved to hear your most successful calorie count.

I am at 1800 cals a day with 3x a week of cardio. I don't eat the exercise cals I eat the same amount a day.
  • randomirrelevant
    Options
    5'5" here. Heaviest weight was 220. I lost 10 of it before joining MFP just by eating cleaner and watching my portions. I've lost an additional 12 in the 5 weeks or so I've been using this site. I started taking progress pictures about a month ago and the difference is visible already.

943Oi.jpg?1xKioR.jpg?1

206 vs. 199
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    No photos of before and after yet. I 'm waiting until I hit my ultimate goal. I started in January of this year and so far lost 97 pounds. I have a total goal loss of 134 pounds BUT found out that I'm pregnant and have put any major weight loss on hold. My doctors and myself have both agreed (with a lot of discussion) that I can maintain my current weight during pregnancy but shouldn't try to lose weight. Went from 284 to 187.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"6, started at 185 and I'm 142 currently!
    7496466_4282.jpg
    I've lost 5lb. (and a jean size) since that photo and also dyed my hair blonde but it's the most recent one I have.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I wont post the pics here but if you go to this link, you can see 2 pics I posted...SW and CW...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9470852@N05/

I know the clothes are different, but I don't have the same clothes now...the pants got too big. People tell me there is a difference but I don't see much.

I am a little over halfway to my final goal.
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    302-185.jpg

May 2, 2011 302 pounds-October 22, 2012 185 pounds

Low carb (because that's what worked for ME), water and exercise like it was saving my life...because frankly, it probably was.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 years old and 5'6" and in this series of photos I've gone from 265+ to 200. I lost the first 25 lbs in 7 months, just by exercising for the first time in my life (although I worked out on average 3 times per day, 5 days a week, so that wasn't totally sustainable for me...and it was all cardio.) Then in Feb. I discovered the science behind eating primal/paleo and it totally clicked. In the next 4 months, I cut my exercise to less than half (I still workout once everyday, but now it's alternating days of heavy weights and cardio), started eating primal/paleo about 70-80% of the time, and I lost another 40 lbs (65 total.)

tonyaweight.jpg
  • fpueblo
    fpueblo Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 1/4 I have been on here since march 2011 I lost 57 lbs 52 while part of this community. You can see my progress pics in my profile pics. I have done many things to get where I am part moderation, part eating more then once a day and part consistence with exercise. My big thing was I didn't get any real exercise even when I was only getting 1000 calories a day. I didn't start losing weight till I did. You will find as many here have it doesn't matter what works for others it only matters what works for you because we all are different. Just remember if you fall get back up one bad day, heck one bad week will not stop you as long as you don't give up :)
  • Michellerawrrr
    Michellerawrrr Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 1/2 and my starting weight was 190 lbs. I am now 139 lbs working on the last few and more importantly on my muscles!

August 2011
    BEFOREAUGUST2011.jpg
    May 2012
    010.jpg
    September 2012
    003-4.jpg
  • Bobbie_89
    Bobbie_89 Posts: 146
    Options
    I'm 5'6 1/2 and my starting weight was 190 lbs. I am now 139 lbs working on the last few and more importantly on my muscles!

August 2011
    BEFOREAUGUST2011.jpg
    May 2012
    010.jpg
    September 2012
    003-4.jpg

WOW! What an amazing job you've done!!! You look great!!
  • Michellerawrrr
    Michellerawrrr Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I'm feeling awesome!!
  • seedawg23
    seedawg23 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

I'd like to know the calorie goal that has been the most successful for you. I know it's not a one size fits all kinda thing, but some of you currently have or started with very similar stats to mine. I'm 31 y.o. and 5'6 started at 222 lbs about a month ago. I've lost about 10lbs now. MFP recommends I eat 1340 calories, but I'm worried that may be too low in conjunction with my exercise (strength training 3x/week, cardio 3x/week). After reading a few recommendations I started eating back some of my exercise calories this week. I just want to make sure I am doing this the right way so that I lose body fat and get stronger and put on muscle at the same time. Loved to hear your most successful calorie count.

I am at 1800 cals a day with 3x a week of cardio. I don't eat the exercise cals I eat the same amount a day.

Thanks for the info! Imma try to shoot for a range of 1600-1800 to help me reach my overall goals.
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    may I see some progress please?
    How much, and how long did it take?
    any secrets? :)

I have before, during and after pics on my profile page. Happy you found MFP. I measure in at 5'7.5". Top weight was >352 lbs. Shed 110 lbs. net. Was horribly under-muscled and have spent more time gaining muscle than shedding fat. Currently coming out of a year of gaining muscle at the same rate I was shedding fat so that I've lost sizes for a year but am basically the same total weight. Goal is to take off another 60+/- lbs., continue strength training with kettlebells and bodyweight exercises and to continue to help my athletes do likewise. Body fat percentage was over 60%, now is 39.8%. I have learned to shift my strategies as my life's demands and body's healing shifted. There is NO ONE WAY that is right for everyone to do this thing. I have become more committed to my health than to becoming a certain size. I am more passionate about strength being sustainable over a lifetime than any particular personal record and injury prevention is way more attractive than weight loss. lol

My 7 yo daughter grew up watching me move from recliner and mobility carts which carried both my groceries and me because I could not walk to hiking through the grocery store carrying a basket with the groceries in it. She's training for triathlon and an accomplished strength trainer herself now. She doesn't eat gluten, grains or legumes, loves to eat veggies and fruits from each color of the rainbow and can not only make an excellent whole foods dinner from scratch but also clean up after it and do a few hundred deadlifts with a kettlebell half her body's weight all before breakfast. At Easter and Halloween, she's not thinking about all the candy she might be eating. Instead she's thinking about the opening and closing of our favorite Farmer's Markets and that she'll miss her friends and fresh produce being local and seasonal through the winter.

There is so much more to accomplish than a number on the scale or on the tape around some body part. Still, when I was where you are these were vital to my motivation.

Bust - Before >58H"/After <38G"
    Waist - Before >60"/After <43"

My personal sense of agency to command my own life, my sense of satisfaction in my daily experience of the world while my health has moved from asthmatic, morbidly obese, high blood pressure, prediabetic, fatigued and depressed on 18 different medications for multiple chronic diagnoses to asymptomatic of allergies and asthma, athletic/fit/strong, great vitals, healthy digestion, LOTS of energy and coaching other athletes. I now take no medications with the exception of one for hypothyroidism. I have excellent nutrition and a better than average life expectancy.

Most important result: I get to raise a healthy daughter who is unlikely to have a 'body issue' or to experience challenges related to weight. She is an assertive advocate for nutrition, fitness and brain health. She will be the first in my family to grow up healthy for FIVE generations.

:)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'6 and age 35, and have a 3 year old and a 17 month old. I put on weight in my 1st pregnancy, but lost most of it, and then put on even more 2nd time round. I'm thinner now than when I got married, but I still have another 15-20lbs to go and I also need to work on toning my stomach more:

When my 2nd baby was a few weeks old:
    100_2010.jpg
    photo hosting sites

Recently on a rare night out:
    100_7692.jpg
    photo sharing websites

My belly (yuck!):
    100_7782.jpg
    upload pictures
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!