**Warning, whining imminent** 27 lbs, no one is noticing?

Options
I lost 27 lbs, and i feel like no one has even noticed. I acknowledge that i was hella fat to start with, but 30 lbs, is a lot. And i dont understand how no one notices. i have specifically sxearchedfor people who have lost 30 lbs from 300 and you can see it! period! But, not one person has said ANYTHING without me saying something first. And, my fiancee lost 40, and no one says anything to him either.

I lost a small child off of my *kitten*. No one even notices.

I am entirely motivated by MFP, and the victories i find along the way. My numbers go down, my clothes look and feel better, i, look and feel better. But i really want to walk in somewhere and get that FACE you get, when people see you lost a bunch of weight.

Its kind of discouraging, but i truly believe i am doing it for myself, and that really keeps me going. But damn. it would feel so great if someone noticed without me having to say something. And as for my fiancee, he looks effing amazing. And humble as he is, im sure hed like to be noticed too.

Plodding onward, and all that rot. But watch me make stink face at my wedding in a year when everyone IS making the omg face as i walk down the aisle.

No, thats a bad way to think. Im just discouraged. but still, 30lbs ppl! wth?!

**End whining, Commence sucking it up**

Replies

• SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 50 and only recently have people been noticing. I just realized myself that i went down three sizes. You are doing great it will come!
  • mkzara
    mkzara Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I think it might not be as much as they didn't notice but they don't quite know how to say that you lost weight.

Maybe they don't know you're trying to lose weight so they might offend you by saying you had lost it.

Additionally you're doing this for you and that is what matters. People will notice and comment but just focus on the most important person here, you. Keep it up, you're doing great.

Also congrats to your fiancee as well.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I had lost 24 lbs and nobody had noticed. It was not until I started lifting weights that the comments came flying at me. It is so frustrating when you are working so hard to change and nobody sees it. Keep up what you're doing, people will start noticing soon enough :)
  • blushingmama
    blushingmama Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I dont like when people comment on my weight loss. It makes me uncomfortable. I think it's a touchy subject and maybe others feel the same way.

but hearing - "hey you look great!" that's always fantastic.
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I've lost just over 40 and no one really says anything. My husband just finally started complimenting and one other person who sees me occasionally mentioned it. It's very frustrating but your time will come. When YOU know you're rocking that wedding dress next year, you'll be the one that's won! Remember, we're doing this for ourselves
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I don't really consider it tactful to bring up weight loss with people unless they talk about it first. Maybe people are afraid to comment in case you take it the wrong way.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I've lost 28 lbs and I hardly notice.
  • pudgeylou
    pudgeylou Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people do notice and don't say anything. I was also told that people who see you everyday don't notice it as much as someone who hasn't seen you since you lost the weight. My kids didn't notice I had lost 30 lbs until they tried to hug me and as they put it "could hug me more" because they could get their arms around me now. Don't worry, it will come. Soon people will stop, do a double-take, and exclaim, "OMG! You have lost so much weight, you look amazing!" Keep up the great work, it will payoff.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Are you doing this for you or for other people? Should it matter what other people think?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I think lots of people don't want to say something at the risk of being wrong, or your being offended. Sort of like, when is it ok to ask a woman if she's pregnant - never!

Are you wearing smaller clothes yet? In my experience, no one really noticed until I had dropped a solid two sizes.
  • kie_kie
    kie_kie Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i've lost 20lbs and no one notices not even close friends. it can get frustrating but what i do is just stop telling people only if they ask.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Many people aren't comfortable with saying things about possible weight loss because they can somehow get pissed on for it.

Also...you're doing this for yourself, right? Keep track of your weight loss with pics, measurements, clothes etc and be proud of every pound...doesn't matter if anyone else notices.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I found that I didn't start getting comments about my weight loss til I hit the 40-50 pound range. That was when I started wearing smaller, more fitted clothing as well. If you are still wearing the same clothes, it might not be as noticeable as you think. Plus, I think people are more hesitant to bring up weight with women. It's a touchy subject. Just keep doing what you are doing and don't worry about everyone else.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Depends what you wear too. Some clothes that were meant to hide your previous shape, might hide your results too?
  • Mrsbrandnewmeslimandtrim
    Options
    bump
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people do notice and don't say anything. I was also told that people who see you everyday don't notice it as much as someone who hasn't seen you since you lost the weight. My kids didn't notice I had lost 30 lbs until they tried to hug me and as they put it "could hug me more" because they could get their arms around me now. Don't worry, it will come. Soon people will stop, do a double-take, and exclaim, "OMG! You have lost so much weight, you look amazing!" Keep up the great work, it will payoff.

This. People who see you every day are less likely to notice. Run into someone you haven't seen in a while and they will say, "Hey! You look great!" and they will be right!
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people don't want to offend you by bringing up your weight even if it's something you actually want to hear..

I lost 27lbs myself too! I went from 208lbs to 180lbs and it did notice on me, a few people said something in a round about way and when I acknowledged that I had lost weight, their replies were usuallly 'Yeah! I did think that but I didn't know whether I should say! You're looknig really good though! Not that you didn't before...!'

Yeah it's a touchy subject and most people would rather not bring it up incase it isn't a safe subject.

Do it for yourself though and keep going! It's a huge achievement!
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Are you doing this for you or for other people? Should it matter what other people think?

It shouldn't matter but it does. We all need encouragement along the way
  • opsniht
    opsniht Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've lost basically 20 lbs, and no one's noticed either. It took me going around with an old picture and bragging for anybody to care. hahaha.
  • shelley2shane
    shelley2shane Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    ok I must vent myself, My In-laws just came to stay with us and I haven't seen them in 1&1/2 yrs. I am down 48lbs. and I really was hoping for some cheers but Knowone even knew :( Even after I told them it was like nothing.... My mother in-law was like well your gonna lose more right-WTH I worked like a dog to lose the weight, I do have tons more to lose but 48lbs. is alot in my book ya know..... Now about you- You look GREAT and should be very proud, screw everyone- LOL