Agreed
  • Papalov100
    Papalov100 Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    found mine trurhlove
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    I'm at a point where I want to get back into the dating scene. I'd really like to meet someone I could form that companionship with. The thing is I have ZERO luck in the attracting guys department. I don't have skill and I don't know how to flirt. I hate the idea of actively searching for a guy, I mean by using online methods. I'd rather just meet someone by chance while out doing something. I know I must be patient though, it'll happen in time I suppose...

Sounds like you already know what to do, or not to do, or what you want to happen, ie, randomly meeting someone. it just sounds like your a little anxious, I can relate, I just have to not tempt myself, it's not easy all the time, but I've become patient.

Either be more active in a possible pursuit, or stay and wait out that moment, that's my best advice.
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    Ugh. I would LOVE to get back into the datng scene....but there seems to be something about me that screams unavailable...no matter how interested I really am...I've been told I have a standoffish air, or, to quote my brother, I'm "scary as hell." I don't feel like I am any of these things...but I have been told it's true...idk...

Try not to let your brothers opinion hold rein over you. True he's your brother, and supposedly he knows you, but that is a completely bias opinion, because he's your brother. he gets to see and know of things about you that a guy would possibly never know until a yr into dating you, or something like that. believe you "got it", and you do. No offense, but guys are pretty easy, and there nearly always ready to "serve' you up a good time, if that's what your looking for, get out there!
  • texaskat2008
    Options
    I totally agree with the "wanting it to happen naturally vs online dating" thing! I recently moved to a new area for a job and I've found that it is really hard to meet people. It's hard to even meet people just as friends. I think eventually I will figure it all out, but so far it's been pretty quiet in my neck of the woods as far as dating goes lol
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I am 25, and I didn't go out on my first date until this past August. The guy was a loser, and was only in it to have sex. Before that I was into online dating. Match.com/Chemistry etc. I gave up on men. I didn't know what to do...I felt if something is meant to happen, it will happen.. One month after swearing off men I met a guy who was so sweet, confident, and super intelligent..Bingo! We've been dating ever since, and I think he has a high potential to stick around for a while. The lesson of my story is that you have to get out there, I am super shy and still quite introverted to this day, yet I can still converse with the opposite sex natural even if I am not interested. I suggest talking to male co-workers or men with similar interest, so it will be easier to talk to potential dates. Make yourself approachable and presentable. I've learned from others prior that men were INTIMIDATED to ask me out because they thought I looked mean and would reject them. Now I try to smile at everyone and look confident. Men will notice if you are not confident in yourself. Remember everywhere you go is a potential place to meet someone too....
  • marvelprime
    marvelprime Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Had first couple of dates with a girl after 6 years of being single, but didn't work out. I'm honestly not wanting to wait another six years for that to happen again.
    My issue is my work schedule being swing shift, and the fact I have my youngest one every weekend doesn't lead to a good scheduling. My parents are kind enough to let me go somewhere for a couple of hours on the weekend if need be.

I'm also an old-fashion guy who tends to meet women who are more into the whole "hook-up" or friendly benefits scene rather than someone would like to naturally develop an emotional and physical relationship at the same time.
  • Papalov100
    Papalov100 Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    volmkarl there is a sweet and pretty young lady waiting for you to find her .
    i waited 4 yrs until a guy at work said he had a crush on me we have been together for a 1 and a half .
    just keep looking
  • Irish_Chica
    Options
    I'm at a point where I want to get back into the dating scene. I'd really like to meet someone I could form that companionship with. The thing is I have ZERO luck in the attracting guys department. I don't have skill and I don't know how to flirt. I hate the idea of actively searching for a guy, I mean by using online methods. I'd rather just meet someone by chance while out doing something. I know I must be patient though, it'll happen in time I suppose...

Just want to tell you that you are soooo cute!! Be yourself and be confident! Mr. right is out there, beautiful!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Try doing activities like joining clubs, or those living social things. Most guys are just too shy to walk up to you at the grocery store and ask you on a date.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Take a chance with online dating. I swore I wouldn't go that route but after a while I said screw it and tried it out. You have to weed through a lot of people but it is possible to find a quality person (even on POF). I speak from experience. I just met a fabulous guy on there. All it took was patience and listening to my gut instincts. Try to see it as a fun adventure rather than a hunt for the perfect man.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Guys at your age are not worth the trouble...enjoy life, make you happy and maybe when you do that the right guy will cross your path and you will both be ready. Lots of luck and remember, you are beautiful and do not need to settle. Be confident in who you are!
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. I feel the exact same way.
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I endorse Match.com