Can you still be best friend with your ex after a break up?

Options
1235»

Replies

• lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I'm really good friends with one of my ex's. He's also my mechanic so I can't really get rid of him.
    But we only dated like a week cause he was a total weirdo as a boyfriend. So I guess that's different.

All my other ex's? Nope. Could never be best friends
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    my hubby was very threatened by x boyfriends in my life. One X My husband and I attended his wedding and my friend's mother kept telling me she wished I was marrying him (in front of my hubby). So, out of respect and love for my husband, I gave up on a couple x's that I had. They were not my best friends anyway. My husband is. I don't think if you do meet the right one, he would want you to be picturing you having sex with someone else. I can understand that.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    No. But, kinda. My most significant Ex ended up being my husband's college roommate. Uncomfortable. They ended up being best friends and that led to my Ex being the best man in my wedding. Strange. But my Ex ended up marrying one of my good friends and my husband and I stood up in their wedding. I should be in a soap opera, no?
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    wow! what a lot of responses! thanks. yeah, we were friends for years before we dated. I knew the situation he was in, and that's why I kept my distance. I kind of want to move on, but he still loves me. None of my family likes him, and my mom is totally against us dating or marrying, so it makes it hard. But I depend on him for calls and texts and reassurement. So it's sooo hard.