Awakening: A Work In Progress

Options
Sarah_Wins
Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
I’ll go ahead and tell my story for those of you interested. The rest can skip ahead to the pics as you will. :wink:

It was a year ago today that I got back from my dream trip around the UK, and hours on a plane made more uncomfortable than necessary (for me and the poor souls around me) by my obesity. Parts of the holiday that I had so looked forward to and carefully planned for months were all but ruined by my size 24 frame, and at a time when I should have been incredibly happy, I was so disgusted and despondent that I could think of nothing but that this must end and it would end today! If I did nothing else with my 34th year on this earth, I would rid myself of this burden once and for all, and never look back.

“To live meant feeding my former self to my current self.” Cameron Conaway

Having tried and failed at many balanced diets in the past, I thoroughly researched more extreme solutions. I discussed it with my doctor, and together we chose a carefully supervised Dr. Atkins plan. Throughout the year, she poked and prodded and tested me, adjusting and tweaking as she saw the need. And through it all, my doctor was my biggest cheerleader, despite the stigma of that way of eating.

In December, I started walking and received a Wii Fit Plus for Christmas. In January, I got bored and moved on to The Firm. February came and, bored again, I met Shaun T and started dancing. By summer, despite the warnings of those around me who thought I couldn’t handle it, I dove head first into P90X.

Once I got over the 100 lb mark, with a goal of roughly 125, I was ready to start transitioning to a more balanced diet. After P90X, I chose the exercise/diet combo of New Rules of Lifting for Women. I cleaned out my game room and filled it with gym equipment. Since then, my weight has stalled; however, there are noticeable improvements in strength each week! Clothes are getting loose again (<-please note the proper use of this word, thanks) and I’ve found I dearly love the feeling of a strong, fit body [insert dirty joke here]. Another thing that I love? (Young ladies, in particular, take note…) The CONSTANT feedings! It’s exhausting and expensive, but food still makes me happy, just for different reasons. So, for now, I’m a size 8. And this is the indescribable sweetness of my life today.

MFP is my Facebook, and many of my friends here are real friends that I have genuine love and affection for. Could I have done this without you? Probably. But I wouldn’t want to. Thank you for everything you’ve said, done, and been for me. :flowerforyou:

2dj1eli.jpgmsw7b.jpg

“I feel like a butterfly emerging from her cocoon, drying her wings in the warm sun before flying off to explore this wonderful new world that awaits her. What does life hold in store for her?” Susan Ashleigh Thatcher

Replies

• Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable. You look absolutely amazing. I have lost 13 pounds since my journey here has begun but I don't feel any different. I don't know how much I will have to lose before I start to feel different. One concern I do have though is excess skin. What did you do to get rid of all the skin? Tomorrow I am going to start Zumba and I really hope that works. I am terrified of the flappy arms and sloppy stomach skin.
  • snarf432
    snarf432 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    What an inspirational story. So sorry that things had to get crappy for them to get better...but that is how it seems to work. I love MPF and think that you have bolstered my resolve. Thanks for sharing...you look amazing!
  • janeelizabethhoff
    Options
    Congratulations! You look Emazing! I am just beginning my journey, but your story inspires me. Thank You for sharing!
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Awsome job!!!!!
  • Minnesota_Nice
    Minnesota_Nice Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Sarah, all seriousness here, you deserve This. You have worked your *kitten* off and look where you are? My idol! I admire you and adore you from the north woods, you're my be tie on Mfp and my ***** on the streets.

You ****ing rock!
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    To answer the skin questions, and I apologize for not anticipating them in the original post, I do still have these issues and will be dealing with it for a year or maybe more, according to doc. This is probably not a bad thing, as it may be the only thing keeping me from getting arrested for indecent exposure.

I seriously DO NOT CARE that people see sagging skin on my arms - I bare them anyway! My belly and upper thighs? Let's just say I'll be ready for the next bikini season. Bet on it!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story with us ........ and you look phenomenal ....... enjoy your healthy new life !
  • GrandmaLynn1
    GrandmaLynn1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a great post and you look fabulous and it sounds like you have a new lease on life. What happened to all the extra skin on your tummy and arms with this drastic a weight loss in the past year, if I may ask? I will continue on, I have a similar story as yours, but just started the program on the 5th of this month. Kudos to you!
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration...not letting anything get in your way. Congratulations on your success. You look fabulous!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    amazing!! Great Job!!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Congratulations on your success!
  • Minnesota_Nice
    Minnesota_Nice Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    And your waist is soooooo tiny! I just want to pinch your butt! *pinch* oh I just did!
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    this is a great story. i hope you are happy now, you should be so proud of yourself. now you can conquer any trip with confidence!
  • fitsin10
    fitsin10 Posts: 141
    Options
    Fantastic!!!! You look FANTASTIC!!!! Your a very beautiful girl! Your story was very well written and surely an inspiration to a lot of us. Keep up the good work.
  • Davelh1976
    Davelh1976 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Amazing Story! You have done super!
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I love you Sarah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to you my friend!!!!! You are a pretty lady..inside and out..can't wait to see what you do next!!
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Amazing and awesome! I loved reading your story. You deserve all the glory!
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Congrats Sarah! You look amazing and your hard work shows on that body you are flaunting. The boobs are the icing on the cake. :heart:
  • dorilou1969
    Options
    amazing! you look wonderful!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    You look like a completely different person! Congratulations on your tremendous weight loss victory!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!