Awakening: A Work In Progress

Options

Replies

• briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    A very inspiring story and congratulations on your success so far!
  • marthadztx
    marthadztx Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation my beautiful friend!! Congrats to you! :drinker:
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to remind you that you are hot.

Great work!
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to remind you that you are hot.

Great work!

:smooched:
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Wow! UH-MA-ZING!!!! :) Awesome job! Such dedication!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    You are incredible, Sarah!!! Thank you for sharing this!
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    "After P90X, I chose the exercise/diet combo of New Rules of Lifting for Women. I cleaned out my game room and filled it with gym equipment. "

So did I.. only cleaned out my dining room and replaced it with equipment. Ha!

Very impressive loss.!
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    :O
  • nursegnet
    nursegnet Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congratulations!
  • Nursetynua
    Options
    Thank you for aspiring me to keep moving.I just started this process last week. You look amazing!
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Very impressive! You are definitely an inspiration. And I love that your doctor was behind you. Wish more doctors would learn how to help in our journeys. I find that instead they are baffled. My mother's doctor still has no idea how she made herself more healthy, but at least he knows her 75 lb. loss and much better blood work had nothing to do with him.

Please keep us updated on your progress. The older we get, the harder it is to get rid of the loose skin, but it will eventually catch up to the rest of you.

Congratulations!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job.
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fantastic! Congratulations! :)
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I’ll go ahead and tell my story for those of you interested. The rest can skip ahead to the pics as you will. :wink:

It was a year ago today that I got back from my dream trip around the UK, and hours on a plane made more uncomfortable than necessary (for me and the poor souls around me) by my obesity. Parts of the holiday that I had so looked forward to and carefully planned for months were all but ruined by my size 24 frame, and at a time when I should have been incredibly happy, I was so disgusted and despondent that I could think of nothing but that this must end and it would end today! If I did nothing else with my 34th year on this earth, I would rid myself of this burden once and for all, and never look back.

“To live meant feeding my former self to my current self.” Cameron Conaway

Having tried and failed at many balanced diets in the past, I thoroughly researched more extreme solutions. I discussed it with my doctor, and together we chose a carefully supervised Dr. Atkins plan. Throughout the year, she poked and prodded and tested me, adjusting and tweaking as she saw the need. And through it all, my doctor was my biggest cheerleader, despite the stigma of that way of eating.

In December, I started walking and received a Wii Fit Plus for Christmas. In January, I got bored and moved on to The Firm. February came and, bored again, I met Shaun T and started dancing. By summer, despite the warnings of those around me who thought I couldn’t handle it, I dove head first into P90X.

Once I got over the 100 lb mark, with a goal of roughly 125, I was ready to start transitioning to a more balanced diet. After P90X, I chose the exercise/diet combo of New Rules of Lifting for Women. I cleaned out my game room and filled it with gym equipment. Since then, my weight has stalled; however, there are noticeable improvements in strength each week! Clothes are getting loose again (<-please note the proper use of this word, thanks) and I’ve found I dearly love the feeling of a strong, fit body [insert dirty joke here]. Another thing that I love? (Young ladies, in particular, take note…) The CONSTANT feedings! It’s exhausting and expensive, but food still makes me happy, just for different reasons. So, for now, I’m a size 8. And this is the indescribable sweetness of my life today.

MFP is my Facebook, and many of my friends here are real friends that I have genuine love and affection for. Could I have done this without you? Probably. But I wouldn’t want to. Thank you for everything you’ve said, done, and been for me. :flowerforyou:

2dj1eli.jpgmsw7b.jpg

“I feel like a butterfly emerging from her cocoon, drying her wings in the warm sun before flying off to explore this wonderful new world that awaits her. What does life hold in store for her?” Susan Ashleigh Thatcher

WOW, I'd say more but that says it all. WOW!!!
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    WOW what an amazing transformation! You are so very very inspiring! WTG my friend! Thank you for sharing :heart: :smooched:
  • becomingkateblog
    Options
    You look great! This is so inspiring!
  • JSlattery79
    JSlattery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    this story was so freakin' inspirational.. I go to the gym daily but now I really wanna try P90X..
  • Findingmyathlete
    Findingmyathlete Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Your story was so well written, it kept me engaged as I followed you on your journey. What an inspiration you are.You inspire me to continue on my journey. You have worked so hard and have been so dedicated - congratulations on your amazing accomplishment! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. You have come such a long way. Congratulations on all of your hard work and success.
  • DixieStarr76
    Options
    Beautiful...in every way!

So, are you going to take another trip? I think you deserve a do-over. Your story is resonates with me. I started as a size 22. At the moment, I'm in a size 14. I was flirting with a 10/12 in February, but I lost my way for a little while. Now, my head is completely back in the game, and I intend to reward myself with one heck of a field trip in March 2013. Who knows where I will end up? I know this much...wherever I go, I will be a much healthier and smaller version of me!

Thanks so much for sharing!!

~~Ember
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!