So your eating less crap, but its still CRAP

Options

Replies

• SiempreBella
    SiempreBella Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try positive encouragement, instead of complaining about what other people eat? If you don't like it, don't read their logs.

Chill out, it's not your problem.

And learn to spell.
    This
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Unless them eating crap is affecting your life, why do you care? I would commend them on eating less crap, while not depriving themselves, because deprivation is the reason why diets fail and people break down and binge.

Worry about yourself and don't criticize others.
  • Colexlovely
    Colexlovely Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Unless them eating crap is affecting your life, why do you care? I would commend them on eating less crap, while not depriving themselves, because deprivation is the reason why diets fail and people break down and binge.

Worry about yourself and don't criticize others.

This
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I eat crap all the time and I've been maintaining my goal weight for over a year. Eliminating all the crap that I like just makes for a really long boring life. If it fits in my budget and I want it, then I eat it. Not all day everyday but life is for living not counting out the micronutrients in seaweed.

this ^^^
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    That explains my 6 pound weight gain..... I was eating crap. Damn you peanut butter Captain Crunch!
    You also cut the inside of my mouth up!!
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I still eat "crap food" every single day. I eat a mix of healthy and a mix of "crap"

Eating 100% clean is boring and lacking flavor IMO
    I see no benefit of eating 100% clean.

My definition of crap food - Any food that tastes bad
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I agree with the OP. I only eat organic veggies grown 20 feet from my door. Everthing else is full of chemical CRAP that will kill you in 60-100 years.

well isnt that special - must be nice to be able to do that. Guess you never go to the store for anything else.... ever.
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Damn you peanut butter Captain Crunch! You cut the inside of my mouth up!!

I hate that, too.
  • Megatoine
    Megatoine Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I eat crap all the time and I've been maintaining my goal weight for over a year. Eliminating all the crap that I like just makes for a really long boring life. If it fits in my budget and I want it, then I eat it. Not all day everyday but life is for living not counting out the micronutrients in seaweed.

This ^^^^^^^ - yes. I'm laughing my *kitten* off. Seaweed? Hysterical - but true.
  • Colexlovely
    Colexlovely Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I agree with the OP. I only eat organic veggies grown 20 feet from my door. Everthing else is full of chemical CRAP that will kill you in 60-100 years.

well isnt that special - must be nice to be able to do that. Guess you never go to the store for anything else.... ever.

right!? not everyone is blessed with the privileged to do that.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I think the OP needs a cookie. :smile:
  • xo_Sarah_xo
    xo_Sarah_xo Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    She has actually GAINED quite a few friends....I hope they are "perfect" as well. :laugh:
  • thrashrn
    Options

I do but I walk or ride my bike. Don't wanna leave a huge carbon footprint. And if I do have to venture out I only go to Trader Joe's.
  • NorthWoodsLee
    NorthWoodsLee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I think I understand the OP's point. I think very few people can eat completely clean, but I don't think that she meant to yell at anyone who ever indulges in something. Whatever the OP meant, I will say that I worry about some of my MFP friends that carefully monitor their daily calories but whose diets consist almost entirely of very calorie dense foods. E.g., I see people eating fatty bacon cheese burgers and fries for lunch every day, with maybe candy or ice cream during the day, no fruits or vegetables, and then having to skip dinner entirely to stay under their calorie goal. Yes, they can and often do still lose weight, at least for a few months. But my fear for them is that because of the low volume of such calorie dense food that they can eat, and the need to skip meals, that eventually they will get tired of feeling hungry and deprived and will give up. (Plus, I'm convinced that high sugar content foods lead to sugar spkes and crashes that increase hunger.) And even if they make it to their goal weight, I fear that they will not have learned any new eating habits that will sustain them and allow them to keep the weight off. I hope I'm wrong, but I have one friend that I fear that this has happened to already and I think I may have made a mistake, and not been a good enough friend, to say something in time. In short, it's one thing to allow yourself the occasional bad day, to treat oneself with a bit of "unclean" food in moderation - we all need to do that; it's another thing to eat primarily the same crap that got all of us in bad or horrible shape to begin with and hope that we can just eat so little of it that we'll be able to succeed in the long run.

O.k, now let me have it!
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I know I just can't sleep knowing there are people out there who eat food I wouldn't!
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Three words: eighty/twenty rule.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I hope I'm wrong, but I have one friend that I fear that this has happened to already and I think I may have made a mistake, and not been a good enough friend, to say something in time. In short, it's one thing to allow yourself the occasional bad day, to treat oneself with a bit of "unclean" food in moderation - we all need to do that; it's another thing to eat primarily the same crap that got all of us in bad or horrible shape to begin with and hope that we can just eat so little of it that we'll be able to succeed in the long run.

O.k, now let me have it!

See, this would be valid if that's what she was trying to do. But if you're worried about a friend, do you make a post with the subject title "So your [sic] eating less crap, but its still CRAP" or do you PM your friend?
  • weloveourboys
    weloveourboys Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It's really driving me mental!!! I have something like 89 friends on here. I browse a lot of food journals (friends and random people, too) and am SHOCKED by what I see most of the time. Most of you want to lose weight but I see are not willing to change your ways. Food for thought on this Thursday. Lean on your support network if you need help. That's why we're here! Why log in every day and record CRAP. If you want to change your body, CHANGE YOUR DIET!

Judge much? And I suppose you're perfect and never fall off any wagons? Yay you!
  • thrashrn
    Options

right!? not everyone is blessed with the privileged to do that.

It is awesome. They are grown in a special kind of manure that comes only from male cows.
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Why are there so many people defending eating "junk" food here? I expected a few comments, but not the majority... Eating a plant based diet really is the way to go if you're goal is to become healthy.

Anyway, I try not to judge and take in to consideration what each person's goals are and support them accordingly. I do like to browse diaries for food ideas, but I can't deny that it does urk me a bit when I see a list of just fast food items. If there are people on my list who aren't serious about losing weight or what have you- I delete them.

Also- say something... If someone is eating JUST McDonald Big Macs all day, comment under their food diary! It's not rude if you say it in a constructive manner. This is a site for people to become healthier and lose weight... If they can't take your critique then tough.