So your eating less crap, but its still CRAP

Options

Replies

• JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Wow, some overly sensitive people in here.

You mean that people who struggle with their weight and body image maybe sensitive when other people criticise a method that maybe working for them or could be considered to be an achievement in the overall context of their struggles?

Come now.

I believe the OP was criticizing those who complain about their method NOT working while they sabotage themselves with bad choices, not those who are making progress. I do agree that people on here are overly sensitive in many cases, as well as with your assertion that people struggling to lose weight would be more inclined to be so.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    oh now, sweetness...you need to explain this.

Short version: What I noticed was people who seem to have made some progress or would know what they're doing supported the OP while others who probably don't know what they're doing didn't. Seems to me those who are more fit take the criticism better than those who aren't. Hypersensitivity abounds and I'm really mean.

I don't support the OP.....I know what I am doing.

Awesome. Keep doing what works for you and crush your goals.

SMASH
    the word is SMASHHHHHHH!
    and eat ice cream...like Jac...while I watch.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I have come to find that nutrition is a lot like religion. Most everyone agrees on some parts of it, but no one agrees on everything. The best thing you can do is find like minded people, and build your "nutritional church" with them. :flowerforyou:

For me, I will continue to eat my junk and lose weight. :drinker: What I eat now is a far cry from what I used to eat!
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I think OP has some "clean eating" phase in her life and probably thinks she's better than the rest of us who eat "crap". That happens very often with vegans/vegetarians/clean eaters.

Paleo man didn't drive cars. They rode around on tall horses.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I like the way you read between the lines but nowhere in her post did she direct it to people who aren't losing weight. You see it as her offering a solution to people who aren't losing weight and are eating "crap"......I see it as her trying to call out everyone who does not eat "clean".

You are totally missing what she is getting at. She said people that COMPLAIN ABOUT NOT LOSING yet still eat crap.

So if you are eating what you want in moderation and are still losing...then good you have figured it out. She is commenting on the ones that haven't figured that out.

I am seriously glad I don't have people like y'all on my friends list and have awesome supportive yet realistic people on mine.

Sheesh, OP, some of us get what you are saying. :flowerforyou:
    It's really driving me mental!!! I have something like 89 friends on here. I browse a lot of food journals (friends and random people, too) and am SHOCKED by what I see most of the time. Most of you want to lose weight but I see are not willing to change your ways. Food for thought on this Thursday. Lean on your support network if you need help. That's why we're here! Why log in every day and record CRAP. If you want to change your body, CHANGE YOUR DIET!

"most of you want to lose weight but I see are not willing to change your ways."

I interpreted that as not losing.But you are right, we don't have her friends list so we don't know the specifics. So instead of everyone jumping down her throat...why not ask for clarification?

I didn't get the impression she was telling everyone to eat clean. Then again, we could both be wrong.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    It's been too long since I've come across an "eating clean" argument.

I think I need another handful of Reese's Pieces to get through this.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

You mean that people who struggle with their weight and body image maybe sensitive when other people criticise a method that maybe working for them or could be considered to be an achievement in the overall context of their struggles?

Come now.

I believe the OP was criticizing those who complain about their method NOT working while they sabotage themselves with bad choices, not those who are making progress. I do agree that people on here are overly sensitive in many cases, as well as with your assertion that people struggling to lose weight would be more inclined to be so.

Listen, this won't be fun anymore if you start making sensible and rational comments *shuuder*
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I think OP has some "clean eating" phase in her life and probably thinks she's better than the rest of us who eat "crap". That happens very often with vegans/vegetarians/clean eaters.

Broscience at its best.

Everyone knows they used flying monkeys.

Duh.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options

true story
  • tashjs21
    Options
    So basically everyone is haggling over this line "most of you want to lose weight but I see are not willing to change your ways."

OP, what exactly did you mean in this line?
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have come to find that nutrition is a lot like religion. Most everyone agrees on some parts of it, but no one agrees on everything. The best thing you can do is find like minded people, and build your "nutritional church" with them. :flowerforyou:

For me, I will continue to eat my junk and lose weight. :drinker: What I eat now is a far cry from what I used to eat!

Well said! Weight loss is about baby steps. If a person ate 3000 calories per day and suddenly dropped to 2000 or 1500 or even lower, that's a huge step. Cutting a ton of calories and ALL "crap" ALL AT ONCE is a major change and people are less likely to stick to the change. Let them worry about cutting out "crap" later on (if they choose to do so). Otherwise, some people should mind their own business. I don't think the majority of MFP users are on here to be judged by random people we've never met.
  • bbriscoe13
    bbriscoe13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've said this before in a thread, but it is really hard for people to change their whole lifestyle. They need to take a little bit at a time and if that is limiting what they already eat, I think that is a wonderful step in teh right direction. They will catch on eventually. You just have to encourage and be there for them. That is how I started. Then I realized how much more food I could eat if I changed what I was eating. Not everyone knows what to eat, especially if they have been eating junk forever. Maybe try to teach them what is good instead of telling them what they are doing wrong? There are always different ways of saying the same thing.
  • tashjs21
    Options

So true!! :drinker:

That is why I think it is so funny that MFP bans religion and political talk...people are just as passionate about the way they think is right when it comes to fitness...hence every thread turning into a huge argument. :ohwell:
  • ThorneDust
    ThorneDust Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that you aren't on MY friend's list, Judgey McJudgerson!

Wow! :noway:

This made me LOL hardily. Well done :)
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    My pals are probably getting tired of me getting on their cases about no veggies. But it's for their own good...I only care about their health. And yes, I try to always practice what I preach...but I do have special occasions just like everyone else and allow myself to "live a little" -- I will say it generally makes me feel ill (rich foods taste good going down but give me a tummy ache).

I do understand it takes time to change habits...I didn't change overnight and I don't expect others to change overnight either...but I will keep encouraging. :smile:
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    how many of your 89 friends stayed your friends after you posted this?

I eat crap - not every day but some days and that will probably never change - I am an adult and I have made my choice to continue a lifestyle that is not only obtainable but enjoyable for me. If that bothers you that is just too bad.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options

u said church......how long till someone tells you to move this post to a private forum
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    189814_o.gif

And I shall continue to eat crap until the end of my days!
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    To me, this is not a diet, but a lifestyle change. I believe in eating the things I want to eat in moderation. I've essentially gotten to goal and I'm still working on it, so I'm not disappointed with my "moderation" lifestyle change =) Better than eating 2500-3000 calories a day + of the stuff!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    You know. I like crap. Crap is good. It has lots of protein and fiber. I'm not looking for a diet, I'm looking for a lifestyle and let's face it... I will ALWAYS want crap. ALWAYS. So better I learn how to eat it in moderation then continue to eat it unfettered.

So you know what? You can buzz off and leave me and my crap alone.