So your eating less crap, but its still CRAP

Options

Replies

• jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    I dont know about you but to me this is a lifestyle change not a diet and no food to me is off limits... Plus why worry about what other people eat your attitude is why people keep there diary's private....

^^^this
  • Miche11e5
    Miche11e5 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Define "CRAP"

^^ This.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    oh now, sweetness...you need to explain this.

Short version: What I noticed was people who seem to have made some progress or would know what they're doing supported the OP while others who probably don't know what they're doing didn't. Seems to me those who are more fit take the criticism better than those who aren't. Hypersensitivity abounds and I'm really mean.

I don't support the OP.....I know what I am doing.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Eventually, everything you eat becomes crap....that's all i have to say on the matter.
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options

Short version: What I noticed was people who seem to have made some progress or would know what they're doing supported the OP while others who probably don't know what they're doing didn't. Seems to me those who are more fit take the criticism better than those who aren't. Hypersensitivity abounds and I'm really mean.

I don't support the OP.....I know what I am doing.

Awesome. Keep doing what works for you and crush your goals.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Some people don't have "visible abs" as a goal.

Lies! Heresey! She's a witch - burn her!

It's the goal of everyone everywhere to have visible abs for the sake of it and if your diet and training isn't geared towards that you're just not trying hard enough dammit!

Slackers.

That's Queen Slacker to you, plebe! :laugh:

It is a generalized statement, abs aren't my goal either but the overall sentiment is I need to eat better to achieve my goals. If I am eating like crap then I'll have to spend twice or three times the amount of time int he gym to offset it.

This thread is basically boiling down to the types of FL people want. Cheerleaders, actual help, social commentary or like minded people.

Some have suggested singling those people out and sending a PM...yet there have been countless threads about the rudeness of "Unsolicited advice" So the OP is staring her observation in the hopes it might some people that are not meeting their goals and haven't put 2 and 2 together yet.

The witch hunt for the OP is just as judgemental as everyone claiming she is. banghead.gif
  • bornfreehooves
    Options
    I think it's very cool that there are so many people choosing soy or almond milk over dairy!!!! Yay!!!!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

ok...in my opinion your study was flawed big time.
    Thank you.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I like the way you read between the lines but nowhere in her post did she direct it to people who aren't losing weight. You see it as her offering a solution to people who aren't losing weight and are eating "crap"......I see it as her trying to call out everyone who does not eat "clean".
    Wow, some overly sensitive people in here.

You are totally missing what she is getting at. She said people that COMPLAIN ABOUT NOT LOSING yet still eat crap.

So if you are eating what you want in moderation and are still losing...then good you have figured it out. She is commenting on the ones that haven't figured that out.

I am seriously glad I don't have people like y'all on my friends list and have awesome supportive yet realistic people on mine.

Sheesh, OP, some of us get what you are saying. :flowerforyou:
    It's really driving me mental!!! I have something like 89 friends on here. I browse a lot of food journals (friends and random people, too) and am SHOCKED by what I see most of the time. Most of you want to lose weight but I see are not willing to change your ways. Food for thought on this Thursday. Lean on your support network if you need help. That's why we're here! Why log in every day and record CRAP. If you want to change your body, CHANGE YOUR DIET!
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options

You are totally missing what she is getting at. She said people that COMPLAIN ABOUT NOT LOSING yet still eat crap.

So if you are eating what you want in moderation and are still losing...then good you have figured it out. She is commenting on the ones that haven't figured that out.

I am seriously glad I don't have people like y'all on my friends list and have awesome supportive yet realistic people on mine.

She didn't say that, she said

Most of you want to lose weight but I see are not willing to change your ways

She wants people on her friends list to eat her way, and she did this by creating this thread and ***** about them behind their backs.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Girrll..you better go on somewhere with that mess!! Worry about ya'damnself..

This is my favorite comment in this thread!
  • tammy303
    Options
    what others eat here is not your problem, and by the way its not crap we eat, and i dont like your post
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

Actually, I just read her original post and it did not say anything about people complaining about not losing. It just said she was complaining about what other people eat.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

You mean that people who struggle with their weight and body image maybe sensitive when other people criticise a method that maybe working for them or could be considered to be an achievement in the overall context of their struggles?

Come now.
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I love crap. I'm still gonna eat it. Bite me.

:drinker:
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options

ok...in my opinion your study was flawed big time.
    Thank you.

That's why I called it an observation. I didn't claim it to be a peer reviewed scientific publication to prove the world over that my observation was absolute fact :wink:

Thanks for your feedback. I know I'm direct and sometimes my delivery is abrasive.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    dude.. she didn't say anything about complaining. after all, you shouldn't call any food "crap" with all the famine around the world, you know.
    I think OP has some "clean eating" phase in her life and probably thinks she's better than the rest of us who eat "crap". That happens very often with vegans/vegetarians/clean eaters.
    No offense to anyone here!
  • watcheronthewall
    Options
    You guys are all picking apart a comment to make it about what upsets YOU and missing the point entirely. I guess I know now not to bother with the forums on here. Eat what you want, by all means. Shame on me for caring.

Noone cares that you care.
  • lionskitty
    lionskitty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    *you're *it's
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Eventually, everything you eat becomes crap....that's all i have to say on the matter.

:laugh: Aannnnd end thread. :drinker: