You know it's becoming a lifestyle change when...

Options

Replies

• lisab0864
    lisab0864 Posts: 154
    Options
    LOVE this topic and enjoyed reading every single posting!!!!

While I've done alot of the things that were mentioned, I really knew it was a lifestyle change when I transitioned from "dieting" to "maintenance" and the only thing that changed was the number of calories in my day -- eating the same things now as I did then..

CONGRATS to each and every one of you!!!!
  • Yowie9644
    Options
    When someone bought in a cheap sponge cake filled with mock cream and cheap jam, and I thought "I'm keeping my 'treat' calories for something that tastes better than that!" and despite it being offered to me multiple times with the usual cajoling, I stayed strong. My treat calories are reserved for sharing a bottle of good red with with the hubby over dinner!
  • auntygill
    auntygill Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    When you buy a mini set of scales to keep in your bag just in case you have to weigh any food when you are out . comes in handy at work if i have to eat in the restaurant , i will weigh my jacket potato even if people are looking at me as if i have gone mad .x
  • mullis78
    Options
    I brought pizza home for the kids dropped on the counter and went right outside to start the grill for my fish. I didn't even want the first bit of pizza!
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You go into a fast food restaurant and order a salad without dressing cause you have good fat free dressing at home... without batting an eye lash. ~ True story, did it just last night! :) I ate a jr. roast beef with it too because I was way low on calories. :)
  • Hellavaloosa
    Options
    When you spend the majority of your time at the supermarket in the fruit and vegetable section and the sight of your overflowing fruit-bowl and well-stocked vege crisper gives you a little thrill.
  • popzork
    popzork Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    ...I now look at donuts and other "treats" and all I can think of is that nasty aftertaste in my mouth. I don't even taste the good part anymore. Weird but true!
  • lustergirl
    lustergirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    When I realized sodium is the "devil" for me and started reading how sodium is in alot of food. Also I stopped eating those prepackaged meals like healthy choice, smart ones, or weight watchers. Too much salt for me:)
  • lynn_hickey
    lynn_hickey Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am LOVING every single post in this thread - i can relate to them all!

my realizing moment was when my kids (5 and 7) asked if they could do a workout with me each night! So we each take turns picking something - like jumping jacks, or punching the air, and my daughter likes push ups for some reason! lol! It's become a nightly routine to do at least 10 mins with them. And I've started randomly caling out jumping jack challenges for them - they stop whatever they are doing and take a minute to do jumping jacks. I am happy that they are realizing the importance of taking care of their health at a young age, and I haven't had to force them to do anything!
  • andrealeighx33
    andrealeighx33 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    The biggest one for me was probably when I finally didn't feel the need to clear my plate because I was satisfied.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    When I turned down bacon.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I started to read every-single-label of the stuff I buy/eat
  • PNJB796
    PNJB796 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hunh? Rely on the Cafetaria for half of your meals? Lord Sandwich created a very famous invention for this not happen!

(No! Not a bag of chips!)
  • thatjulesgirl
    thatjulesgirl Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    When I actively started trying new foods so I could have better options for snacks (I've just discovered new greek yoghurt, a new brand of hommus and beef jerky!)

When my old favourites (burgers, fries especially, creamy pastas) no longer even sound appealing because I know they'll leave me feeling bloated and sluggish.

When I have my scheduled treat day, 'indulge' just enough to not feel deprived, don't feel guilty and STAY COMMITTED afterwards!
  • Jojo42
    Jojo42 Posts: 223
    Options
    When I went away for a week abroad and stuck to my plan...despite the food on offer being all my favourites . I just viewed them as poison as I know how ill, sluggish and bloated a lot of them make feel me feel afterwards. Oh and I think ahead a lot of the time now. No more impulsively thinking " I'm hungry what can I have "
  • calisunrise
    Options
    When all of my friends ordered cakes on thursday and I just ate my apple even though they thought I was strange for that.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    When just for kicks n' giggles you look at that giant bag of tostitos and cheese dip that you used to eat in one sitting as a "snack" and say, "ew."
  • fat2fitdancody
    fat2fitdancody Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    It's Saturday morning, I had a few drinks last night but I'm feeling fresh and I am going to the gym.
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    i realised mine was a lifestyle choice when i didnt need to log my food any more to keep my weight steady. And i didnt need to log when i wanted to drop a little bit more weight i just automatically knew what and how much i could eat. I'm glad because im not such a slave to food any more i just automatically make good choices and know my limits
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    When even though I am REALLY hung over today, I still portion-controlled my hangover food.