You know it's becoming a lifestyle change when...

Options

Replies

• SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm in college and have to rely on the cafeteria food for about half of my meals.

I can tell my lifestyle is changing because of the irritated feeling I get when all they're serving at the cafeteria that day is junk food and crap that won't benefit my macros. Lol.
    The day I canceled my meal plan because the cafeteria serves junk food.
  • Yowie9644
    Yowie9644 Posts: 3
    Options
    When you eagerly look forward to your lunchbreak, not to eat, but to RUN! And feel mighty annoyed if you don't get to run on a 'run day'.
  • CharlieBook
    CharlieBook Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    a dairy milk mint bubbly lasts 3 weeks!!! weigh in on a Friday, and i treat myself (if i have lost weight!) to a 1/3 of a 100g bar. 2 weeks in and i still have chocolate left :smile:
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    For me it was right after getting a personal trainer and LOVING being at the gym. About 4 months into my journey. I knew i was hooked on this lifestyle when i started putting myself first. I started sacrificing doing other things to put myself first. When i started thinking....do i REALLY want this or that....or is it going to make me feel good after ward? Thats how i knew i could do this and KEEP Doing this and most of all WANTED to keep living like this. Its all been worth it so far
  • LovenderNurse
    LovenderNurse Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, not sure if I've quite reached that pinnacle yet BUT I have noticed my taste preferences are changing day by day. I don't have "rest days" simply because it just feels way too good to be up and moving around. I like the burn!
  • Shuleran
    Shuleran Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    When my job had an ice cream social party to thiank all employees for a busy month. There was all kinds of ice cream and toppings. I didn't feel that the calories were worth it so I just counted up what I would have normally eaten. My usual dish with topping was almost 1000 calories. No treat is worth that so I just had a banana instead!!
  • kelsierose094
    kelsierose094 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    When I realised I had enough calories left to have a chocolate bar...yet then I decided I'd much prefer to have a yogurt for dessert ;p
  • russellbrand69
    russellbrand69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You know it's becoming a lifestyle change when...
    you don't have any wine on a Friday night because you want to get up and go for a Saturday morning run.

I almost never didn't drink on a Friday - Friday meant no work the next day, so stay up really late, drink loads of wine, then get up at like 1pm on Saturday, because it's the weekend, yay!
    Not any more - I sometimes might go out with friends or my boyfriend on Friday, but I'll go to bed before midnight, well-hydrated with water, and get up at 9am on Saturday, go for a run, have a nice big but healthy brunch, then go out to an art gallery or something and enjoy the day, instead of wasting Saturday in bed, hungover.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I went to a Chinese restaurant, ordered sesame chicken, and literally gaped at the portion size that they set in front of me. It was huge!
  • ctinawilson
    ctinawilson Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!

When I get so over excited at work for TREAT day - a roast sweet potato with skipjack tuna!

When the prospect of going out for dinner is not so scary because I know that I want to order the healthier choices, and will flipping enjoy them too!
  • ctinawilson
    ctinawilson Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah and the prospect of a 7am Rocket Yoga class is exciting, not vomit enducing!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    You work in a school and you go in on your recess break to discover an amaaaaazing morning tea spread put on for all the staff...

....and you eat your small but beautiful banana and decide to spend your hard earned morning tea break relieving others of their yard duty so they can enjoy the morning tea spread instead.

This. Is. Awesome. I'm so glad - for you and for the ones on yard duty - that you were able to do that!! What a blessing all around :):)

Mine is that pugging recipes into the recipe calculator is not a dreaded chore anymore. I kind of enjoy it these days, actually!
  • TracyLynnCunliffe
    TracyLynnCunliffe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love the comment about the foot long at Subway...I can totally relate!

Mine was probably when - for the first time in about 25 years - I bought a bikini. A friend went with me and I was super shy about "showing" what I was trying on. I stepped out of the change room and the store clerk said, "Wow, you look great! You actually have abs!" My 8-year-old daughter said to me that night, "You really are getting skinny now Mommy. You look good."

I remember thinking, "I'm never going back! Thank you Lord for kicking my butt into gear!"
  • johannypoo
    johannypoo Posts: 13
    Options
    Today I turned down a donut because I will NOT log that in and add to my calories.... hahaha! score!!!
  • Lind140
    Lind140 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You plan your day around your gym session lol, when to eat, when to go in to work etc.

This!! Me too
  • MrsSammi
    MrsSammi Posts: 11
    Options
    Not sure if im there yet, im still quite near the beginning of my journey. However the office has ordered in snacks and crispy cremes today.

Mines still sitting on my desk, i've even made a face on the side so it looks too cute to eat. Im going to take it home and give it to the other half.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    my phone would blow up to go out and party. so i'd mute it, because i was looking forward to going to bed at 8 for my 5am workout
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Love this thread :) When I went for a week's vacation and I brought my food scale with me and the first thing I got when we went to the Walmart was get my fave veggie chips and ziplock snack bags and portion them out for our long car ride. Also that the subway guys here know that I don't like cheese or dressing on my roast chicken on whole wheat so that I can run home and put a laughing cow cheese wedge on it. And that when i'm craving a snack i'm usually referring to my huge salad with balsamice vinegar and olive oil.

i am loving this lifestyle change!
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    When you go to McDonalds...order one sandwich/burger....and can only eat half. And NOT beat yourself up for going to McDonalds.
    I love fast food places now! I don't eat at them often, but the true serving size stuff is on the 1$ menu. Though at Wendy's I do have to spend a whopping $1.29 to get the Jr Cheeseburger Deluxe.
  • CharlieBook
    CharlieBook Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    also... at work, we have an AMAZING chef, who cooks DELICIOUS desserts EVERY day! I've started taking them home to my partner and not eating/wanting any for myself! :happy: