CARBS ARE GOOD!

Options
167891012»

Replies

• MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Anything you are eating that I am not eating? It's wrong.
    Anything you are doing that I am not doing? It's wrong.

Wow, someone with the same philosophy as me! :)

Good to know.
  • cravingskinnybody
    cravingskinnybody Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    FINALLY SOMEONE SAID THE TRUTH!
    thank you!
  • amylovescupcakes
    amylovescupcakes Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    davidwinks.gif

Love my carbs, all my carbs.

Well well!!!.....I love me some David Tennant!!!!

Oh my husband David Tennant and me both love some carbs!
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Low fat is also linked to depression are many other health problems and can actually raise triglycerides and bad cholesterol.
    I put my fat intake target around 60%. I don't always hit that. But I don't eat anything with an eye toward lower fat.
    Whole eggs, whole milk. Sausage, pork. And the result was a 30% drop in cholesterol and triglycerides and a drop in blood glucose and A1C to normal levels. That is enough evidence for me.

Enough evidence for me as well. My last A1c was 5.5 (down from 7.3), total cholesterol was 172 (down from 207) and my triglycerides dropped 50 points as well. The weight loss is a bonus.
  • heykaraoke
    heykaraoke Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Actually, everyone is different, and some are so metabolically broken that they cannot consume carbs. There is no dogma, sorry ;)

Yep, I've got a friend who went on one of those fad diets and ended up in the hospital because she overdid it. Result? Carbs make her extremely ill. She can have a little bit of carbs every day, but nothing like the normal amount most people can consume. She's in good health and takes care of herself, just has to be extremely particular about what she eats now.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Actually, everyone is different, and some are so metabolically broken that they cannot consume carbs. There is no dogma, sorry ;)

Yep, I've got a friend who went on one of those fad diets and ended up in the hospital because she overdid it. Result? Carbs make her extremely ill. She can have a little bit of carbs every day, but nothing like the normal amount most people can consume. She's in good health and takes care of herself, just has to be extremely particular about what she eats now.

Yes---I went on a very low-fat diet (which is typically very high in carbs). Got pretty sick. Lower carb is the only way I can eat and stay healthy while losing body fat. I'm not a fanatic about it for other people---you have to do what is right for you and your circumstances. As long as they are healthy ones, there is nothing particularly bad about carbs---they work well for athletes. But a high-carb/low-fat diet is a health catastrophe for me (and I'm talking about any more than 100 grams of carbs a day as high).