CARBS ARE GOOD!

Options
Thats right i said it.

1.) Carbs are fuel, treat them as such and they will present no problem for you
2.) no carb nazis get sick from not having carbs...proof enough?
3.) i do realize there are bad carbs. if you need someone to tell you wheat bread is better than bleached white bread or to put down the cookie, then you have bigger problems.

Replies

• Dunkelheit666
    Dunkelheit666 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    BUMP! JUST CUZ I STILL SEE NO CARB PEOPLE CHATTIN IT UP.
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you!!! Carbs are your bodies preferred fuel, they are mostly fat free (well the complex ones anyway) AND they are delicious. I love carbs!

Go low carb, you might be skinnier but you'll feel like crap and your body will most likely pay the price eventually.
  • Dunkelheit666
    Options
    finally someone sees the light!

I love hearing people trying to work out a lot while trying to reduce carbs and wondering why they feel dead.

The best meal before a big workout = peanut butter and jelly sandwich w/ honey wheat bread.
  • Dunkelheit666
    Options
    you profile pic is awesome/super cute btw :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I totally agree with you!!! Carbs are your bodies preferred fuel, they are mostly fat free (well the complex ones anyway) AND they are delicious. I love carbs!

Go low carb, you might have less water weight but you'll feel like crap and your body will most likely pay the price eventually.

Fixed your sentence
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I agree with you about carbohydrates, but I will *not* put down my cookie! It's mine! :smokin:
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I agree with you about carbohydrates, but I will *not* put down my cookie! It's mine! :smokin:

That is how I am with a chickfila milkshake... And it's totally on tonight!!!!
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Anything you are eating that I am not eating? It's wrong.
    Anything you are doing that I am not doing? It's wrong.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Wait....so YOU'RE the one who stole my cookie!!! Give it BACK!!!! *tackles*
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I agree totally. I am now eating a plant based diet, which ends up being a TON of carbs. They come from whole foods. I have lost a lot of weight, and I feel better than I have in years. Healthy carbs are fantastic. The carbs from cookies and junk, not so much.
  • HormonalChick
    HormonalChick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Actually, everyone is different, and some are so metabolically broken that they cannot consume carbs. There is no dogma, sorry ;)
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I love carbs.

It's when that love turns to me sitting and eating 6 slices of delicious garlic bread in one sitting - that I realize I have a problem :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    One of the oddest things I've noticed on MFP is the number of people who use the word "carbs" when they mean "grains". I honestly think a lot of people think all carbs are grains, or that grains are 100% carbs. Maybe both.

Also, most low carb posts are anti-grain posts, and nearly always use overly processed sweetened baked good as an example of why grains (aka carbs) are bad for us.

It's all so silly. There is a plethora of evidence that carbs from vegetables, fruits and whole grains are healthy.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I agree!! I love my carbs!! I'm a carboholic!! I net probably between 200-250g's a day!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    davidwinks.gif

Love my carbs, all my carbs.
  • Dunkelheit666
    Options
    good points!

i should add

4.) FRUITS AND VEGGIES ARE CARBS!
  • Dunkelheit666
    Options
    how do you put pics in the message threads???
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    To be fair, PROCESSED carbs are bad. As are processed sugars

I am low carb and I don't feel any of the illness, weakness, "Dead-tired" feelings others complain of. I have also cut most sugar. I feel fantastic and energized. My diet is very easy for me to fllow and I don't crave the things I "gave up" because I still enjoy a french fry and garlic bread hear and there. I just don't eat the bad stuff the way I devored them all before. Every person is different...
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    davidwinks.gif

Love my carbs, all my carbs.

Well well!!!.....I love me some David Tennant!!!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I have never seen anyone here or anywhere who eliminates ALL carbs.

So, quit putting the " NO carbs" in peoples mouths