What is the most weight you've ever lost...then gained back?

Options

Replies

• arifrancesca
    Options
    i was never overweight until i had a stroke, then gained over about 8 years.. highest weight was 246. started at MFP at 233. im currently tottering at 200...

I hope and pray i dont gain.

Questions for those who HAVE gained...

What made you gain it back? I dont want to go back there. What are the mistakes you made?

For me personally, it was that stupid 'I'll start tomorrow attitude'. I will just have this piece of cake and since I had cake I will have pizza for dinner and then start tomorrow. I would do this Friday and then it would turn into 'I'll start Monday'. I have tasted everything there is to taste and I finally got it through my head that I am not happy living with the consequences of eating whatever I want.
  • whittlelauraann
    Options
    I have never lost this much before... before now it was the same 10-20 lbs everytime I would try but I realise now it was different becuase I didn't really do the whole lifestyle change.
  • jigglewiggles
    jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    around 183 down to 140, then up to 215, and now down to 170. This is the first time I have actually really tried hard to lose weight. My goal is 140, so I'm more than halfway there.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I lost 75lbs then got pregnant and gained back 85lbs. Not proud of that.
  • ForTheSmile
    ForTheSmile Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    In high school, I started at 185 and starved myself to 162. That's 23 pounds, and I hardly saw a change. Then I yo-yoed for a few years and ended up at 220. And now I'm 198, just 22 pounds but I've seen such a big change in myself already! Exercise really makes all the difference. ;D
  • Fluffykristi
    Options
    I went from 287 to 197 in 2008. Then got pregnant twice more as well as went through a very rough time and settled out at about 255. Down to 223 now and steadily falling....
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Lost 40, give or take. I like things better this way, so I've kept it off.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    lost 30lbs gained over 100lbs. I'm paying for it now.

You know how teenagers have those rebellious years? I didn't have those. I had mine during my early 20's. Eating whatever the heck I wanted. My philosophy was "You only live once, so eat what you want." Didn't really realize that could kill me really fast. I want to live past 40 and not have a heart attack or stroke.
  • Ke11yJo
    Ke11yJo Posts: 141
    Options
    60 lbs. I reached my "goal weight" Dec 17, 1999. I kept it off for 10 years.

I then quit smoking and entered menopause at the same time ...
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    139 was my highest, then i lost 15 lbs, and right now i am on 112 :) i'm 5'8"
  • MargaretWalks
    MargaretWalks Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Back in 2001-2002 I lost 80 pounds. Then regained 90. In 10/08 got serious again and have now lost 80...............again.
  • rdianemu
    rdianemu Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 100 lbs three times in the past. Currently have lost 53 lbs and will get down at least another 50. Always top out a little over 300 lbs then I just get too uncomfortable in my body and start losing. I am going to try and keep it off this time. At 40 it is just too hard physically to be that fat.
  • rubberbiscuit
    Options
    I went from 296 down to 210. Plateaued there for a while and eventually gave up. I gained back all the weight, plus another 40 pounds. My weight is on it's way back down and I plan to stay down this time.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I lost 68 lbs in 2007 in 7 mos. Put it all back on over the next 4 yrs PLUS an additional 20 lbs. I learned my lesson big time! I've lost 45 now but I kinda feel like I'm just making up for those boomerang pounds that bounced back. I'll be really happy when I get back down to 268 lbs like I had in '07.
  • pierremignon
    pierremignon Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Was 210 before, went to almost 170. I stopped working out, then ballooned to 245 after three years, then now I'm down to 210.
  • Dawn7664
    Dawn7664 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    130 lbs (1987), 80 pounds, (1979), 60 pounds (1993) - all gains after pregnacy. This time I will keep it off forever!
  • 39sherry
    39sherry Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I lost 49 and gained about 42 back. Im trying to get foused to get in shape and stay that way.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    196 to 137 back up to 186. Currently at 153 and trying to find 130. I know it's in there somewhere!!!!
  • Bria0893
    Options
    I lost 70 pounds when I was 15 and got down to 140 lbs. The weight only stayed off for about a year. I'm 19 and I currently weigh 193... So for now I'm trying to get back down to the 140's again
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Well - ALL of it, I guess! I lost 90 pounds (went from 220 to 130) wayyyy back in the early 80's. Gained back up to 290 (that was in 1995). I'm now down to 246. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!