chat room instructions

banks1850
banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
edited September 18 in Health and Weight Loss
OK, so it was requested that I post the instructions on getting on.

so here it is.

browse to http://mfp-archive.harehome.org

register (top right), and activate your account. once you do there should be a link
on the top (left or right depending on which template you use for the forums)
called MFP CHAT. it should auto log you in. once you do that, you should be able
to directly log in any time you like with that same username and password by
going to http://mfp-archive.harehome.org/chat

or just browse to the forum site again and click the link.

:smile:

Replies

• banks1850
    OK, so it was requested that I post the instructions on getting on.

so here it is.

browse to http://mfp-archive.harehome.org

register (top right), and activate your account. once you do there should be a link
    on the top (left or right depending on which template you use for the forums)
    called MFP CHAT. it should auto log you in. once you do that, you should be able
    to directly log in any time you like with that same username and password by
    going to http://mfp-archive.harehome.org/chat

or just browse to the forum site again and click the link.

:smile:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    :happy: I was on there this morning guys, it's great:drinker:
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Not working for me?

dd
  • banks1850
    Not working for me?

dd

what's it doing zen? It's still new so there may be bugs.
  • banks1850
    you guys are my guinnea pigs, so if there is a problem, try to describe it in detail so I can work it out. :tongue:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Mike,

Thanks for the hard work I think this will prove even more beneficial to people than you originally thought.

Bob
  • banks1850
    Mike,

Thanks for the hard work I think this will prove even more beneficial to people than you originally thought.

Bob

I appreciate it Bob, course, Mike didn't build the chat, I did, but I'm happy to give him the code. :)
  • banks1850
    FYI, aside from a few small bugs, chat room seems to work well. Come join us folks. it's fun!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,788 Member
    Lots of people on Banks chat if you want to try it...
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,788 Member
    :happy:
  • banks1850
    mmm, cool, 19 registered users. :)

"They like me, they really like me!"
  • auntkaren
    I am having problems getting the chat room , I was on there this morning and I am typing it in correctly in my search , tried Yahoo, and Google and it says can't be found or don't exist......anyone else having problems or is it just me?:happy:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Did you check and see if your java is enabled. I couldn't and found out that my java was on there but not enabled. So just a thought but you might check.

Good luck. I hope to see you in there sometime.
  • banks1850
    I am having problems getting the chat room , I was on there this morning and I am typing it in correctly in my search , tried Yahoo, and Google and it says can't be found or don't exist......anyone else having problems or is it just me?:happy:

not sure what you mean. you don't need to search for it. Look up at the top of your browser. you should see a textbox above the File menu where you type in URL's (like www.whatever.com)

put mfp-archive.harehome.org in there and it should take you there. or you can put

mfp-archive.harehome.com/chat to go right to the chat room directly if you've already registered.
  • auntkaren
    Did you check and see if your java is enabled. I couldn't and found out that my java was on there but not enabled. So just a thought but you might check.

Good luck. I hope to see you in there sometime.
    How do I check? I really don't know much about this computer, but I would think that I was able to get in there this morning and I haven't changed anything I should still be able to now.:cry:
  • banks1850
    well, even if java was disabled, you should still get the page, it would just be a blank page though, or have an icon with an x.
  • banks1850
    bump
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Hi, well it let me log on and when I clicked on MFP chat another box popped up and said AJAX chat and it wanted me to log on to that too. I did and it was downloading the page and I could see it and it said I was logged on, I could see where people were chatting then the page left and in it's place was the AJAX chat logon page again. Sorry I'm now confused. I thought once I registered it would automatically let me in the chat room and I could do it.
  • banks1850
    Hi, well it let me log on and when I clicked on MFP chat another box popped up and said AJAX chat and it wanted me to log on to that too. I did and it was downloading the page and I could see it and it said I was logged on, I could see where people were chatting then the page left and in it's place was the AJAX chat logon page again. Sorry I'm now confused. I thought once I registered it would automatically let me in the chat room and I could do it.

what's your screen name for it? is it the same? Cuz I don't see it in there.
  • bricker06
    bricker06 Posts: 316

what's your screen name for it? is it the same? Cuz I don't see it in there.
    im having the same problem. once i get into the chat room the ajax page pops up. my user name is bricker06. any help would be great thanx
This discussion has been closed.