Are looks enough to get girls?

Options

Replies

• nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    wow. misogyny is alive and well. thats a lot of rage and hate man. you're the kind of guy that gives the decent ones a bad name. honestly man, take a look at yourself.
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    THE TRUTH. Some YES: SOME, NO.

Only the sluty girls will settle down with looks. The good ones you fight for!
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    LOL, thanks.............it is definetly by choice!
  • Humbugsftw
    Humbugsftw Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Only if you want to bag yourself a shallow materialistic fool. Someone with an iota of intelligence and a decent personality would definitely look for MORE than just looks (though I'm not saying looks don't matter, I'm just saying they would look for OTHER things alongside appearance in order to find a suitable partner).
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Lol - my original post makes no sense now what I quoted has been deleted.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    LOL, thanks.............it is definetly by choice!

kind of like the terminally ill choosing to die.

forever_alone_by_foreveraloneplz.png
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options

I think the reason why you have not had sex in a long time may well be that you are a douchecanoe!

maybe he's just required by law to stay 300 meters away from women?
  • Musically_Blessed
    Options
    No. Some of the more 'active' (if you know what I mean) girls might, but most respectable girls will not care about looks.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    for a night maybe.....long term, no way!!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Looks, yeah...

And personality,
    intelligence,
    sense of humor,
    patience,
    carrying,
    empathy,
    understanding,
    shared interest,

and a job.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    So like take Farscape...Criton wasn't that attractive, but now we're far enough in the series his personality has developed and hubba hubba.

Crichton? Not hot? [Heart starts to bump in shock] Actually, I find him to be unusually attractive. I guess that's why they say "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder."

As for the question - no - looks are not enough to get a girl. It might get you to step one where you talk to her but if getting means keeping...that's all charisma, wit, intelligence and knowing how to treat her long term.
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Get - probably. Keep - no.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    For about 45 minutes, yes. No longer though.
  • neverturningbacknow
    Options
    Not with this girl ;)
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Getting is easy. Keeping is hard.
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    My husband is kind, thoughtful, and funny. He's never disrespectful to me or others. He's a great father. I'd pick him any day over a good looking jerk or someone who would refer to women as bimbos.
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    Sorry guy's............I must of offended a lot of people...........and I must of been "reported" to the staff here for my comments.

I do apologize for my lack of sensitivity to your feelings. I am realising what actually happens outside of the internet, and what people say on here are two different things. Seems most people glossed over......that I'm not out there running around like I use to, and that should make you happy, especially the men on here that seemed to take offense, and the ladies, you don't have to worry about me.

I was always honest. A lot of the woman I was with, and was referring to, agreed to "friends with benefits" type of relationships in the beginning, and then things changed. I always tried to be polite and nice when with a woman, but eventually I'd get weighed down by what they NOW wanted, and what her and I originally agreed to, that's the "lies" I was referring to. The bad mouthing me part was because they'd tell their friends that it was more than it was, and when they'd ask me, I'd be honest.

The emotional toll eventually became too much. I really have a soft spot in my heart for women, and I couldn't take the stress that was coming from what was suppose to a nice casual relationship. I'll admit I had a lot of of other things going on in my life, court cases, my clothing brand being banded at my former high school, and police trying to gang injunct of something I was doing.

Bottom line, I was honest in what I wrote earlier, I just didn't think it over, I emotionally wrote, and quickly. I apologize to the MFP staff here, and to anyone else that read or was offended by what I wrote. At the same time, I don't mind what you's wrote about me on here in responses, I thought some of them were pretty funny, and I laugh when I try to imagine you really saying that to me in person. Internet life and "real life" is really different..............I'm learning.

I think I'll just choose my topic's to comment on a little better, and leave the fantasy answering to others.

The best to all of you's with your weight lose/ getting in shape plans!
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    For about 45 minutes, yes. No longer though.

What if I can only last 7 minutes?
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    depends on what kind of girls you're going for.
  • Fat_Cat_Bride
    Fat_Cat_Bride Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    For a 1 night stand maybe but not over the long term.

You might be eye candy but unless you can hold an intelligent conversation, among other things, then the looks mean nothing.