Do you eat before or after your exercise?

Options

Replies

• katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Depends on what time I work out. If I'm awake for at least an hour before the workout (most days), then I eat yogurt before and carbs and protein after. If I go to the gym at 5:30 a.m. (Wednesday morning Spin), don't have anything before, but lots after.

Saturdays, when I go to the gym at 8:30 and stay until 11, I eat before and after.
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I drink a vitamin water during my workout (bike) and a bottled water and eat something after. If I'm really hungry, I will have a single serving applesauce - doesn't bother my stomach at all and gives me the energy I need. I workout in the morning.
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    A little something before (I work out early am) then the rest of my breakfast after.
  • Lisa760
    Lisa760 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    After
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    i eat and then wait half an hour to 45 mins before i exercise. That way im not hungry and neither do i feel splooshy and sick
  • KeyonaA
    Options
    My trainer recommends if you are doing intense strength training to eat an hour before your workout but he says its fine to do a cardio on an empty stomache and then eat protein within the hour after you workout
  • TeddyLoc
    Options
    My trainer recommends if you are doing intense strength training to eat an hour before your workout but he says its fine to do a cardio on an empty stomache and then eat protein within the hour after you workout

That how I been doing it! I eat and let the food digest for an hour and workout!! No Doubt!!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Always eat a Trail mix bar on the way to the gym and have a G2 Gatorade while working out. When I get home post workout it is my normal Meal doesn't matter if I workout early in the day or evening always have my meal when I get home...
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options

That how I been doing it! I eat and let the food digest for an hour and workout!! No Doubt!!

This is me. :smile:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i eat a whole red velvet cake prior to work out....
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    seriously though...I train fasted ..usually eat about 20% of my cals at lunch ...workout about 4:30 and then largest meal of day is post work out...
  • Tiffanie0407
    Options
    i totally agree
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    carbs before protein after
  • freindsofmine
    freindsofmine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I always eat some thing small other wise I wouldn't get though the work out
  • hannahcall2
    hannahcall2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat a meal for an hour or two before, otherwise I end up feeling crummy towards the end of my workout. If I know I can't make it through a workout without food then I eat a few carbs beforehand. Something simple like toast that will burn off as I exercise. Then after my workout I load up on protein to repair my muscle tissues.
  • Sharkington
    Options
    I usually eat a large breakfast and work out a couple hours after that, so I am usually still full/satisfied before and during my workout. I eat after my workout, though. :)
  • absolutionneverrelativity
    Options
    If i'm hungry i would eat something really small before hand like an apple or a handful of nuts or something. That way I can go harder in my work out. If I dont i get really tired.
  • Get_Me_Fit1
    Options
    After!
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I eat before, during and after my lift days. Depends on what you do!
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Before and after, but I eat about every 3 hours regardless.