Ladies

Options
12346»

Replies

• florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    It's none of my business, but I fail to understand why you would feel like a bum not wearing make-up. As long as you are clean (e.g. showered, teeth brushed) and reasonably neat looking (taking into account where you are going e.g. work vs. the grocery store), I don't see why not wearing make-up would equate to being "bum" like. If you want to wear make-up every day, that's fine, but it's certainly not required to leave the house.

Personally, I wear make-up to "go out," as well as for more important days at work (e.g. interviews, important meetings, giving workshops, and usually when teaching), but the rest of the time I figure my clean face is just fine. When I do wear make-up for work, it's usually just eye-liner, and eye shadow. If I'm going out I'll add mascara and lip-gloss. I never wear foundation, it feels seriously nasty on my skin.

Eyeshadow without mascara!?! Girrlllll

Hey, to each their own. Personally, eyeshadow gets totally hidden for me (deepset eyes), so it's all about the mascara. But, I've seen pics of someone whose mascara was almost invisible, so everyone's different.
  • mboup1
    Options
    I am a makeup artist and I do not wear makeup everyday. I have busy schedule and for the most part only wear it at work. when I am in school I wear little to know makeup. On a simple day I mix my tinted moisturizer, apply my MAC liquid liner,YSL glossor a MAC plush glass or sometimes vaseline for the lips, one-by-one maybelline mascara and lorac bronzer. on fancier days i go all out...eyelashes, the whole 9 yards.

I love makeup but everyday isnt ideal for me because I have eczema and I am very cautious with my skin care regimen.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I look like a 12 year old without it so if I'm in a situation where I need/want to be taken seriously I wear it. I also wear it to class about 50 percent of the time. And id I go to a party/bar/ dinner with friends/family I'll wear it. But on days when I'm just running errands or around the house I don't bother.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I rarely wear makeup at all. And when I do, it's usually just a bit of mascara and lip gloss.
  • esteeetee
    Options
    continuously. The only time it comes off is when I'm in the process of redoing it. That means foundation, concealer, powder, blusher, eyeshadow, liquid and pencil eyeliner, eyebrow pencil, mascara, lipliner, lipstick, lipgloss, and of course double false eyelashes. Even to the gym. Haha
  • lesliethescrivener
    Options
    if i'm home, i never wear makeup. if i'm leaving my house for school or work, i like to apply foundation (i have scarring from acne), a little blush, and some mascara. i go all out during the weekends if i have an event or social function to attend.

i used to cake on the makeup on a daily basis but i've learned that less is more.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    When leaving the house I usually wear
    BB cream
    Eye concealer
    Eye shadow/liner
    Mascara
    Lip Balm
    Blush
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    i used to for work, but more recently i stopped. I feel pretty crappy about it.

So i am making a effort to be better groomed. i got to a point where there was no make up, no hair cuts and car grease under my nails!

I just had my manicure done and hair etc etc is due on sat and then back to more structured clothes and a bit of make up.

I feel better about myself if have it on and i think the living in jeans and t shirts was a way to hide my weight as none of my work clothes fit nicely.

It feels nice to make an effort.
  • BEAUTY4UBEAST
    Options
    MAKEUP = LIFE