I am taunted by neighbours when I run up the street

Options

Replies

• penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    They're just freaking jealous because they can't be bothered to get off the couch while you're out there running your *kitten* off.

It's NOT unreasonable to expect your neighbors to treat you courteously. However, if they're going to be *kitten* there isn't much you can do.

Perhaps try smiling widely, waving and saying 'hello to you too!' when you pass them?
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Sounds like they have some insecurities that they are dealing with...Keep doing what you are doing and embrace the hate and work it!! I always look at such situations and thank God for toughening my skin for what He knows is to come.. It is situations as these and people like them that help me go through life's next storms that had not I gone through that I wouldn't have made it through this! You are doing awesome!
  • LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Some people have no class :(

Keep running gal! It sounds like you have some cruel trash for neighbors. I don't know why they would pick on someone trying to better her health.

^^^ Couldn't agree with this more. Totally classless. I'm sorry you have such ppl as neighbors. Keep the music cranked and your eyes to sky! :drinker:
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Keep on running, honey. Because soon they will be whistling because you look amazing. So sorry that they are so rude!
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Let them say whatever... cos a few months from now the same people would scream COMPLIMENTS!

I'd say You GO!
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    It would certainly be a shame if someone threw rocks at their house...
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Your neighbors are *kitten*.

I'm sorry you have to deal with that....it's sheer stupidity and ignorance on their part...and what a horrible example for their kid.

Keep the headphones on and keep doing your thing...

Or take a *kitten* on their front yard. Your choice.
  • slincoln2007
    Options
    I commend you for sticking up for yourself! Just remember all the positive comments this site gives you when you are feeling down about this! Whenever I see someone running on the road I always say "you go girl!" haters gonna hate. Wear an ipod and rock out to some positive tunes like Christina Agulera's "fighter"!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Everyone else has some really good and helpful advice you should listen to.

I don't. I think you should hurt them, hurt them in the worst ways imaginable. Many of which would not be legal.

I really hate people who do that sort of thing. But you're amazing for keeping at it, know that.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Flaming bag of dog crap on their front steps?
  • Stella_Leigh
    Stella_Leigh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Keep the headphones in and the music turned up, that's what I do. Humans are *kitten*.

This.
  • deboraherixon
    Options
    I used to run through a City park on my lunch hour and the homeless people would taunt me with "Run Forrest Run". Keep up the good the work, exercise is never a waste of time. I agree with all the others, turn up your headset with some really good, fun, heart pumping music, keep your eyes on the road and soon you won't even notice them. Bullies are always sad, pathetic people trying to justify their own miserable low self-esteem ... not worth the time to even think about them!
  • SlimmingSarah2012
    Options
    What is wrong with these people! Jerks! Anyway, whatever is wrong with these people is not your problem. Carry on and tell them its a public street, they don't like what they see, keep their eyes to themselves.

Horrible!!!
  • skinnytina49
    Options
    I think your fantastic for saying something.I cannot believe that is still acceptable behavior what is wrong with people and an 8 year old boy should know better my children wuould NEVER say that to anyone....we can see where this boy gets it from. Horrible neighbors horrible parents horrible human beings
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    if you can run for 2.5 hours straight, your cardio is tip top and i'd be willing to bet you could out-swing those b1tches...stop and motion them to aproach you then pounce on 'em and ground and pound the **** out of em.

buncha pricks.
  • ackashi
    Options
    We can change the size of our bodies. We can make them healthier no matter the size. But small minded people with sick thoughts will always be small minded and sick. Feel sorry for their son but hope that somehow the example you give him will make a positive impression despite the life he is stuck in.
  • JSheehy1965
    Options
    Where do all these nasty people live? I am overweight and it took me a lot of courage to go out on the streets and run, and I was nervous, having read stories just like this. However, I have never, ever had this experience of people yelling at me or laughing. In fact, I've not met with anything but a wave and a smile as I run past people's houses or past other runners.

I can't believe that people can be so rude. Keep running...you're going to be a LOT healthier and fitter than those people who make fun of you - and come the Zombie Apocalypse, you just have to run faster than them!! :bigsmile:
  • PeggyLynnR
    Options
    Just keep going. You are a much classier lady than they are.
    Maybe ask the wife if she would like to come keep up with you, doubt she could or would.
    In the mean time sing louder or turn up the music and hope they move soon.
  • ctrudel24
    ctrudel24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am literally floored by this post. What kind of area do you live in? Judging by your weight system it sounds like you live somewhere in Europe. I live in the North Eastern United States and I can't even comprehend this happening. I used to be 270lbs at only 5'7 and never have I experienced people openly mocking or insulting me weather it be at the gym or running down a busy street. This is a new low for the human race.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Works drain cleaner + aluminum foil + mailbox = HAHA