May Day Challenge! Take 2!

Options

Replies

• lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say that you are all GREAT!
    I hope we can start something for May and beyond? I am not that savvy when it comes to computers and given the impending changes coming in my near future, I don't know if I would be the best candidate for the "job", but I would love to continue with my progress, and with you ladies as well.

I'm up for continuing our challenge! Starting the group is easy (all I did was post the topic:blushing: ). I'll be more than happy to "host" the next one also. I'll start it on April 30th so that we can just continue right on going!:happy:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Chocolickkyss, do you ever take a day off to let your body recover? Apparently my mountain climbing and running down the hill 1.5 weeks post-hamstring tear was not a good idea... but now I'm back to heat and stretching before and ice and rest and anti-inflammatories after workouts.

While I don't take an actual day off where I don't do anything Sunday is my designated rest day which means I take it real light. I will either complete a stretching dvd or just walk around the park. I want to remain active but taking it light on Sunday allows my body to rest so I'm ready for the next grueling workout week. I look forward to Sundays, BELIEVE ME!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I'm trying Skinny Saturday today.
    Want to join me?
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/90605-skinny-saturday-challenge-8
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Since my body had been screaming at me all week I decided to sleep in as long as possible this morning. I didn't actually sleep since this body seems to be on a timer of its own but I refused to get out of the bed so i read for a little while. As a result, I missed my Saturday morning kickboxing class. Have no fear though b/c a workout has been completed. I decided to rock it out with Billy Blanks and his cardio kickboxing bootcamp dvd. This dvd combines calisthenics (jumping jacks, push ups, sit ups), kickboxing (jabs, uppercuts, side kicks) and strength training (squats, tricep kickbacks, tricep dips) so after 45 minutes my body is slightly fatigued but my mind feels great.

This should be one of my best weekends in a long time b/c I have absolutely nothing to do and I'm soooo happy. I'm going to continue reading my book and relax today and tomorrow I'm thinking about checking out Tyler Perry's "Why Did I Get Married Too" movie. My body really needs to recover if I think I'm going to be able to tackle Shaun T and all his Insane moves.

While I will continue w/the thread if we challenge ourselves past our April 30th date I think I'm going to change my weigh in days to Monday so that I can have more accountability throughout the weekend. I've continued to maintain my goal weight and am extremely excited about it but my girlfriends and I will be heading to LA for Memorial Day weekend and I want to rock a 2 piece but for some reason on the weekend I tend to take in more sweets than I should so I'm hoping having the weigh in day on Monday will help me keep this sweet tooth under control.
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    this is an interesting article talking about adding exercise. it is written for runners, but the stages apply to anyone going from an inactive to active lifestyle. trying to build new habits. (btw- skim or skip past the steps of getting started to the stages of a runner)

as you read "the beginner: stage one" i think you will find it rings true. i'm sure some here have moved on to stage 2 or more. (definitely chocolickkyss has to be in stage 4 or 5 already, she is a high achiever). i find i'm a non-runner that is in stage 2 now.
    hopefully you can find some support or confirmation of your efforts in this list. -katie

http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/beginners.html
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Hello everyone! I hope your Sunday is going well! I'm logging on late today b/c I went to the 10 am showing of Tyler Perry's "Why Did I Get Married Too" and then headed to the mall to begin shopping for my L.A. trip w/my girlfriends. The movie was alright and the shopping did not go as well as I had hoped. I wasn't able to find any outfits that really helped me get my "sexy on" so it looks like I'll be doing some online shopping.

Since today is my rest day I decided to complete 2 1/2 miles of walking w/the Leslie Sansone dvd.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Something awesome happened today. . . I bought pants. No biggie, right? Well, I THOUGHT I was probably a size 12 or 14, so those are the sizes I pulled off the rack to try on. I tried the 12's first. There was TONS of room in them!:noway: So I sent DH back to grab a size 10. When I tried those on, you could have knocked me over with a feather! THEY FIT!! And there is a tad bit of room in them!:love: I didn't want to push my luck and try an 8, though. There wasn't THAT much room.:laugh:

When I joined MFP back in August I was wearing a size 18 (which probably SHOULD have been a 20 in some instances). Amazing!

Besides that, I had prom last night for school. DH and I got duded up and when to dinner. Following the dinner, DH, my friend from HS, her husband (who is the councelor at my school) and I went to Applebee's for drinks and a more conversation conducive atmosphere. What fun! My friend and I spent the evening before and quite a bit of the afternoon texting each other about what we were going to wear, do our hair, etc, etc, etc. Brought back all kinds of great memories from when we went to prom together way back when! I did pretty well through dinner, but then we ordered drinks and got one of those trios. Even though we split it 4 ways, that's still a LOT of calories! But what fun!

I hope everyone has had a great weekend! I'm going for a walk!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Monday all! Today is week 6 day 1 of the Insanity program which means its Max Cardio Conditioning day. I really paced myself this morning and as a result I don't feel as beat and I didn't take AS MANY breaks. I'm still taking and NEEDING the breaks but its good to know that I can now do a few extra reps before its needed.

I have to begin my work day so I have to get going but hope to check in on everyone later.

Lisa: HIGH 5 on the weight loss and getting into a size 10 that is AWESOME! I see your ticker is almost at the end of the finish line keep up the great job and you'll be there before you realize it.
  • msh0530
    Options
    I put this on my status, but just have to post it for those who don't see my status:
    I have done it! My goal for the spring (by the end of May) was to swim 1/3 of a mile, all crawl stroke. Today, I swam .45 miles, all crawl! I think that by May, I may be able to do 1/2 mile. I debated putting it in as fast, vigorous effort, because it is as fast as I can move at this point, but compared to others that I swim with, I am slower. Anyway, I am woman, hear me roar!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Tuesday all! Today is week 6 day 2 of the Insanity program and I was suppose to complete Max Interval Circuit but I got a late start to my morning and knew I would be unable to complete a 55 minute workout and still get to work on time so I opted for the Plyometric Cardio Circuit dvd instead. So, 40 minutes later the workout is complete and I've made it to work on time.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Hump day! Today is week 6 day 3 of the Insanity program. I completed the Max Interval Plyo dvd and it was a killer. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to complete the entire 8/9 weeks b/c my right knee has been really bothering me during some of these moves. I've tried modifying and jumping rope when possible but today it just didn't help. I'm going to Dig Deeper and stick w/it for the remainder of the week and then really re-evaluate what's best for my body. Overall I really like the program and I love the idea of not having to think about my workouts b/c the wall calendar that's included pretty much spells it out so I'm not sure what I'll do if I don't finish it. I'm thinking about returning to P90X b/c the Plyometrics dvd there's not as much jumping. I still have a few days to think about it but I'll be sure to let you all know what I decide.

If anyone has any suggestions regarding other workouts or programs that can continue to tone my body please feel free to share.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all! Today is week 6 day 4 of the Insanity program which means its a recovery day! I always look forward to Thursdays and my body is always thankful for the day of "rest". My knee was still bothering me this morning so thankfully the Cardio Recovery dvd does not incorporate a lot of jumping.
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You're a heck of a woman Chocolickkyss!
    : )

Looking forward to tomorrow! I have been doing the Couch to 5K program and am on week3. I've been doing the week 1 program with a girl from school who just started on my off days.... I never would have thought this, but MAN, I might be turning into a runner~!
    I really like it!

Hopefully some good results tomorrow!!!!
    If my weight doesn't change, I'll do measurements too...
    Come on, 3 more pounds!
  • OliveCulona
    Options
    Hello everyone! Great job LisaWest on your size 10!!! That's so exciting! Sunday is my first 5k run... I'm hoping to get under 30mins because I have been training lower than 30mins for 3.1. I am excited and nervous but I know this is just the first of many!

Tomorrow i'll post my weigh in for this week... I'm hoping to be the same as last week or weigh less... I feel I might be heavier due to TOM DAMN HIM especially during the 5k :(

Good luck to all on weigh-ins!!
  • sphinctress
    Options
    LisaWest,

Size 10!
    Rock on!
    I don't think I've fit in a size 10 in 15+years!
    HA!

Good luck all!
  • sphinctress
    Options
    OliveCulona,

Did you do the Couch to 5K Program?

I am hoping to do my first one this summer... maybe Memorial Day weekend, maybe a little later...
  • msh0530
    Options
    I seem to have run into a busy section of my life :laugh: but wanted to let you all know that I have been keeping up on your posts. I really just want to say howdy to all of you, and wish you all a great Friday tomorrow!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Start weight: 131 lbs (12/18/09)
    Dec. 25: 129.5 lbs
    Jan. 1: 130 lbs
    Jan. 8: 127 lbs
    Jan. 15: 126.5 lbs
    Jan. 22: 126 lbs
    Jan. 29: 124 lbs
    Feb. 5: 124 lbs
    Feb. 12: 124 lbs
    Feb. 19: 124 lbs
    Feb. 26: 124 lbs
    March 5: 124 kbs
    March 12: 124 lbs
    March 19: 125 lbs
    March 26: 125 lbs
    April 2: 123 lbs
    April 9: 124 lbs
    April 16: 123 lbs
    April 23:
    April 30: 125 lbs

There's two more weeks for everyone to meet their goal. Hope everyone has a great weigh in.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Friday all! I must admit this has been a very unproductive work week. I'm not sure what's the deal but I need this week behind me b/c I like being productive. Everytime I attempted to begin a new assignment I would start procrastinating find any and everything else to do other than what needed to be done. It's going to be a crazy busy weekend here in the Atl. I have a friend visiting from out of town, I'm hosting a book club meeting and I'm still in shopping mode for this L.A. trip.

Anyhoo, enough about my work week and upcoming weekend and on to the workout. Today is week 6 day 5 of the Insanity program so I completed the Core Cardio and Balance dvd. As I have stated in previous posts I enjoy this workout b/c the moves are intense but the pace is not. It really allows you to focus on your form and to get the most out of each movement/exercise. I was suppose to complete Max Cardio but opted for Core Cardio and Balance so not to continue aggravating my knee.

I hope everyone has a great day and I will check in later.
  • sphinctress
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!
    Well, I did it!!!!

Starting weight 195 June 2009
    Goal weight: 125
    Jan. 1: 189
    Jan. 8: 184
    Jan. 15: 178
    Jan. 22: 174
    Jan. 29: 173
    Feb. 5: 174
    Feb. 12: 169
    Feb. 19: 168
    Feb. 26: 169
    March 5: 170
    March 12: 169
    March 19: 167
    March 26: 166
    April 2: 164.5
    April 9: 165
    April 16: 162!!!!! There it is!!!! YAY!!!!!!!
    April 23:
    April 30: 162

Now, just for poos and giggles, I am going to try to get to 150-something versus maintain or gain!
    Thanks again for all of your encouragement and support! You guys are great!

Stay safe and healthy so you can stay safe and healthy!