May Day Challenge! Take 2!

Options
Here is our new topic so we can find it before our original gets locked:happy:

For those interested in joining us, here is the link to our first topic. Read it to see our basic premise.
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/73428-may-day-challenge

Welcome!

Replies

• cranberrycat
    cranberrycat Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Well, May Day is 15 weeks from now, I think I could handle 15 pounds. Would give me something to shoot for. So, is there a set weigh-in day? I think I saw Friday as the day on the previous thread, is that correct?
  • angelnik03
    Options
    I'd like to be in, too. My birthday, beach vacation and trip to Italy are all in May. I plan on being smokin hot by then. :)

I only have about 15 lbs to lose so 1lb a week is good for me too. Just let me know when we weigh in!
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Weigh ins are on Fridays. Each week we TRY to have some sort of challenge that we're struggling with. This week we've been a little slow on the starting, but several of us have personal challenges.
  • will4change
    Options
    May I please joy in also!! I do have a big event in May!! So that would be great!!!
    Here is my question how do I log inmy wght every Friday??? Do I just type the May day challenge! Take 2 and just post it??
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    BUMP
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • cranberrycat
    Options
    OK, I weighed last Friday, so I should be good to go. My personal challenge is to get a workout 3 days this week.
  • lisawest
    Options
    May I please joy in also!! I do have a big event in May!! So that would be great!!!
    Here is my question how do I log inmy wght every Friday??? Do I just type the May day challenge! Take 2 and just post it??

Welcome!
    Now that you've posted here, it will appear under "My Topics" (found right above these posts). You can just look for it there, and click it. I made up a Friday list, and some people have been just copying and pasting that list into a message and filling in their new weight. (I'll copy the list below.) If you want to get an idea, take a look at the original topic: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/73428-may-day-challenge

Here's the list of Fridays:
    Start Weight:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: (put whatever your goal is here)
  • Ktbell626
    Ktbell626 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    bump:happy:
  • lisawest
    Options
    Ok, I got up at 5:30 and worked out (I AM going to do it again tomorrow, really I AM!). Yea me! I drank my water today (not my 9-10 cups I was getting last week, but 8 cup, so still good).I ate pretty good, but a 90 calorie granola bar put me over:cry: I was STARVING and was not going to get to have dinner until after our parent meeting. If I hadn't had that granola bar, I would still be under. *sigh*:ohwell: I know it's only a few calories (14 maybe), but I had a rough weekend (eating out several times, etc.) and really wanted to come back even better. Well, if I HADN'T worked out this AM, I would be 200+ over, so I did start out this week better than I ended last week:happy:

:flowerforyou: Thanks for listening, just needed to vent a little! How was everyone else's Mondays?
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    My Monday was busy but good. Went to work, worked out on Wii fit, went and swam 1/3 mile, ate a quick leftover, and went to woman's fellowship group at church. Just got home in time to watch my Jayhawks finish beating the socks off of the Mizzou tigers, so it has to be a good day! Happy Monday to all!
  • lisawest
    Options
    Just got home in time to watch my Jayhawks finish beating the socks off of the Mizzou tigers, so it has to be a good day!

Rock Chalk! Friends don't let friends go to Mizzou!
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    So here I am again!!! Feeling great about this week. Work has been good and I have gotten 2 hours of exercise in this week so far...
    I still haven't made my veggie challenge, but I am still trying.

Jillian kicked my butt this morning and I think I am going to take tonight off to spend some time with the family... Busy dat at work!!!

God Bless everyone today... Remember to smile :bigsmile: it's the perfect peace for the soul :happy:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies. I tell you the past few days I have not been motivated to workout at all BUT have dragged myself out of the bed and committed to it. Since I had a slow start this morning I could only do 35 minutes of cardio b/c I had to get to work. I decided to spend that time on the spinning bike (I like that bike so much better than the other stationary bikes). Since I've taken a couple of spinning classes I tried to increase my intensity by doing a few of the moves the instructor does during the class. All in all the workout is done. I don't really know how many calories I burned since I still haven't figured out how to work my hrm and the spinning bikes to calculate the calories for you. I know I worked up a sweat and my heart rate was up so I'm pleased.

I think I'm going to begin doing P90X next week. I've reviewed a good bit of the dvds and most of them seem very doable but for some reason I feel a bit intimidated by the whole thing. I gotta get my mind right b/c I don't like the feeling of not thinking I can do something. I'm usually the person who accomplishes whatever goal I have set for myself.....Snap out of it......Snap out of it..
  • amboardman
    amboardman Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm not real sure what is going on this week, but I'm so unmotivated. So my personal challenge this week is to exercise 5 days. I took a break on Sunday, and I forced myself to workout last night (although I was really not wanting to so I'm not sure how hard I actually worked). I have already walked 1 1/2 miles on my break today at work, but I really need to workout at home tonite...:grumble: . Hopefully I can reach deep down and find some motivation somewhere...
  • cranberrycat
    Options
    I hear you all about the motivation. This is what is lacking for me, too. I do so well with diet, but I am just not seeing results on the scale, and I KNOW that the one piece that is missing is the bump in my activity level.

I wore my pedometer today, and I am doing ok there. I have a desk job, so it is hard to rack up the steps. But, I am doing pretty good so far, and I do plan on going to Curves after work tonight.
  • cranberrycat
    Options
    Oh, I am pretty new to this, but I just wanted to say that I love the siggie from "Ourgang":

"I've given up on the weight goals!!!! NEW GOALS!!!!
    To stop eating when I am full
    To get up and move every day
    Not eating when I'm bored or tired "

This needs to be my motto, too. Get up and move, and don't eat when bored. This website helps alot because I have to be accountable for what I put in my mouth, and I think I will like what I see when I finally get this exercise going, and see the results on "paper". But, mostly, even if I don't lose a thing, I am still focusing on a healthy lifestyle.
  • supercool111
    Options
    I shall also bump.
  • annerssju
    annerssju Posts: 111
    Options
    Hi again! I hear ya also about the motivation... I really lost motivation the past couple days! I've just felt sooo RAVENOUS lately! :drinker: I did start my TOM on Friday so that may have something to do with it. But I am back on the train, and was very healthy today. I'm actually way under calories for today and really am not that hungry. Probably from all the extra food I ate over the weekend! Anyway, I'm again going to my make my goal to work out 5 times this week. 1 workout completed so far!
    I am hopeful that I'll still lose a little bit on Friday if I continue to stick to my healthy eating for the rest of the week.
    Good luck everyone!
  • rebecca413
    Options
    A bunch of people have talked about having a weakness for sweets and trying to cut them out for the week (or other such goals). Have you guys tried some lower calorie options? I've gotten into Fudgsickles and Sugar Free Jello, including the new Mousse Temptations. They seem to do the trick for me after dinner and they all have just 60 calories! I also like the 100 calorie packs of cookies, but for some reason, they always leave me wanting more. Just some thoughts.