March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30:155
    Goal is to get down to 135 to 140
    Weighing in today won't be here tomorrow. Good luck to all hope you loose lots of lbs
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    Another day that started off great, and then I got to work!!!!!

Sticking to my Cal's and the scale is being nice to me!!!!

God Bless
    Happy Thursday
  • cranberrycat
    cranberrycat Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I do well when I am at work, and then things fall apart at home. I really need the structure, and when I go to work, the meals are planned out and in my lunch box. But, at home, it is not as well-controlled.

I need to gain control of my hunger. That is a huge issue for me. I can restrict calories if I don't feel hungry. Yesterday, I did fine until 3 pm, and began getting hungry. Well, I had a snack, but it didn't cut it, and the rest of the evening was a struggle.

I follow the Zone, and so I balance my protein/carbs/fat, and with the Zone, hunger should not be an issue. But, for me, it still is.

Anyway, glad to get that off of my chest!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies, I decided to drop in quickly before going to pick my car up from the mechanic. Anyhoo, today's workout is complete. I did 55 minutes of the P90X dvd called Kenpo X. I'm a bit sore from yesterday's Plyometrics dvd but not as sore as I thought I would be so I feel like I was able to get a good workout in.

I'll check in w/everyone later......tomorrow's weigh in and I hope the scale will be nice to us all.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I just spent an hour on the Wii Fit! Boy howdy.:yawn: Sorry I've been kinda MIA lately. Interesting week. Did great Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday were alright. Today has been pretty good so far. (Except for water, rough day for that:cry: ) My children seem to be suffering from selective deafness this evening. They did really well while I was working out (helped that I picked one that they could watch TV while I did, and then others that they like to "do" with me:laugh: ), but now they are having some issues. *sigh*

I had weigh in at school yesterday (first time I've been there for it since we started!) According to their scale (rather iffy if you ask me), I lost 5lbs in 3 weeks. Not too shabby, but I don't think that's quite right. I'm interested to see what tomorrow morning brings. I'm hoping it's good things!:drinker:

Well, as another week wraps up, it comes time to decide what next week's challenge will be. My suggestions are the old standbys (because I STILL struggle with them!) water and exercise. Any other ideas? All ideas welcome!

Remember: If you stop now, you can't reach your goal! Keep going, and you WILL achieve!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I have been very busy, but I am home tonight. I'm glad too, because we are having a blizzard. Anyway, I'm doing well. I have stayed under my calories daily, and I've been swimming regularly, and gradually increasing the intensity of that.
    For anyone who sees my statuses, and saw today that I have not logged in for 3 days, I say RUBBISH! I have been on here every morning and every night, so don't worry about me "needing encouragement!" As Mark Twain said, reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated. :laugh:
    Hope you all are doing well also. Here's to smart choices!
  • lisawest
    Options
    Quick post before bed. I just had to tell someone. Today I did what I have been striving to do for awhile now. I was UNDER my sodium by almost 1000!!!!:bigsmile: :love: :bigsmile: I have been able to consistently be just a hundred or two over or under the RDA, and pretty much averaging the RDA. Today I used my new pepper and olive dip with my lunch. I stuck with more fresh foods (pork steak and sweet potato for dinner). I am so excited! Now, to do it (or close to it:laugh: ) again tomorrow!

Happy weigh in day!!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    MOrnin all

Forgot to weigh in but with TOM this week I know I didn't change any. I did all 50 minutes of jillians banish fat last night and I was whipped after. I think that is the first time I have done the whole thing all the way. I did have to stop a couple times at the end because the jumping was making me nausius.

I am thinking of geting p90x can someone give me a little info please?
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Start weight: 131 lbs (12/18/09)
    Dec. 25: 129.5 lbs
    Jan. 1: 130 lbs
    Jan. 8: 127 lbs
    Jan. 15: 126.5 lbs
    Jan. 22: 126 lbs
    Jan. 29: 124 lbs
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 125 lbs

Good morning my ladies! Despite feeling absolutely CRAPPY due to TOM cramps and a stuffy head, running nose, sniffling, sneezing head cold type of thing going on this morning I climbed out my bed and completed today's workout. Since I didn't have alot of energy I decided to take it easy this morning and completed 3 miles of Leslie Sansone "5 mile fat burning walk" dvd for a total of 36 minutes. It helped rejuvenate me just a tad bit and now i'm enjoying a hardy bowl of oatmeal which I'm hoping will add to my energy level.

I also have officially MET MY GOAL WEIGHT and have actually exceeded it by a pound and i'm super excited.

Since I am now trying to reduce body fat I will continue logging and posting.

Thank for all the support.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    MOrnin all

Forgot to weigh in but with TOM this week I know I didn't change any. I did all 50 minutes of jillians banish fat last night and I was whipped after. I think that is the first time I have done the whole thing all the way. I did have to stop a couple times at the end because the jumping was making me nausius.

I am thinking of geting p90x can someone give me a little info please?

I'm still in the process of reviewing the P90X dvds but I've done the Plyometrics and Kenpo X dvds and loved both. Plyo is definitely intense b/c there's a lot of jumping and squatting but they offer modified versions for those of us who have bad knees. My plan is to start the P90X series this coming Monday.
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    a good week. i got in all my aerobics, weight training, & extra time with the wii fit plus.
    i did well on water too.

Starting weight 244.2
    weigh-in Jan.1- 240.2
    Jan. 8: 237.4
    Jan. 15: 235.2
    Jan. 22: 231
    Jan. 29: 228.2
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12: (mini-goal 225)
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: (205)

the first goal is looking real good. -katie
  • betterhealth2010
    Options
    Start weight: 180 lbs
    Dec. 25..........................180 lbs
    Jan. 01...........................180 lbs
    Jan. 08 ...........................178 lbs
    Jan. 15............................177.5 lbs
    Jan. 22............................178.4 lbs
    Jan. 29............................178.2 lbs

I don't know what's going on. The cellulite is decreasing in my thighs but my weight is not and I'm eating my calories and exercising:explode: which is a struggle for me but I'm doing it. 5 times this week for 45- 50 minutes per day and NOTHING. I'm beginning to wonder if this is worth not seeing results.
  • amboardman
    amboardman Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Well, considering I had NO motivation this week until Wednesday, 1 pound isn't bad. A pound is a pound, and I'll take it!! My measurements are dropping as well, so I'm happy! I got all my workouts and water in this week, so overall it has been one more successful week! One of my mini goals was to be at 165 by Valentine's Day, looks like I just might make that! If so, I have a gift certificate for a mani and pedi that I'm going to treat myself with!!

Start weight: 176
    Dec. 25: 174.6
    Jan. 1: 173.0
    Jan. 8: 171.8
    Jan. 15: 169.0
    Jan. 22: 166.4
    Jan. 29: 165.4
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 155 (changing this from 160--I'm feeling motivated!)
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Starting weight 195 June 2009
    Goal weight: 125
    Jan. 1: 189
    Jan. 8: 184
    Jan. 15: 178
    Jan. 22: 174
    Jan. 29: 173~ I don't know why I was consistently dropping more, but I am guessing maybe it's less cardio this week?
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 162

Can anybody offer insight? Can you lose water weight consistently for several weeks? Or has my body been losing muscle mass too?
    I still have a long way to go, and if I've hit a plateau, I want to break through it!
    : )
    Thanks for your help!
    : )
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Hello folks,

I would like to join you for this May Day challenge. I am training to run my first 5k race on May 2nd, so I need to be fit!

Jan. 1: 168lbs
    Jan. 8:
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22: 168lbs
    Jan. 29: 166.8lbs
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 158 or 156 lbs (maybe)?

Running has changed my whole attitude in life. I run about 3 times a week and go for walks at least once a week. I am also going to add weights to my progress and eating healthy of course. :)
  • cranberrycat
    cranberrycat Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I started out at the beginning of the year at 165, I didn't start tracking on this site until sometime last week.
    Start Weight: 160 (at the start of MFP)
    Jan. 29: 159
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 145

I was actually 159 last Friday, but I was trying out something new... which wasn't really working out for me. To explain further, I follow the Zone Diet, and I was tempted to try their new line of breads, which are supposed to be 200 calorie servings, balanced protein/carb/fat, and you can use them as stand-alone meals, or you can add to them to make 300 calorie meals. Well, I tried them, but I could not control my hunger, and I didn't feel as if the products did anything for me.

So, back to lean proteins, lots of veggies, and good fats!
  • lisawest
    Options
    Start weight: 182
    Dec. 25: 182
    Jan. 1: Didn't weigh in
    Jan. 8: 180
    Jan. 15: 177
    Jan. 22: 178
    Jan. 29: 175:bigsmile:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 165!!!

That officially means that I have hit my "high school" weight! This was originally my goal, but I changed it because 1) I am still considered "overweight" according to the BMI scale, and 2) I think I can still lose at least 10 more (which puts me BARELY in the "normal" range). Time for a happy dance! Then I will try to get in 2 workouts today, since I have a snow day and don't have to go anywhere.:happy:

Happy Friday! Keep those good weigh ins coming!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 281.2
    Jan. 3: 281.2
    Jan. 8: 281.2
    Jan. 15: 280.6
    Jan. 22: 280.4
    Jan. 29: 279.6
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: Goal 250

I won’t put my weight on my ticker until Monday, because that is my official weigh in day. Off to a good start today, did my Wii fit, getting ready to make ham and beans for supper and some homemade granola bars. It snowed enough here that I got my wish – no school today, so I will be able to spend at least part of the day in the sewing room! Happy Kansas Day to anyone else who has Kansas roots, Happy Friday to all, and here’s to smart choices!
  • lisawest
    Options
    I don't know what's going on. The cellulite is decreasing in my thighs but my weight is not and I'm eating my calories and exercising:explode: which is a struggle for me but I'm doing it. 5 times this week for 45- 50 minutes per day and NOTHING. I'm beginning to wonder if this is worth not seeing results.

There are tons of reason this may be happening. Is it TOM? Are you getting all of your water every day? How is your sodium intake? Are you eating your exercise calories? I know it is very frustrating, but your cellulite is decreasing!:bigsmile: That is something to celebrate! Bye Bye cottage cheese thighs! (Oh how I wish mine would all disappear:laugh: ) Good job on exercising! A tip- when you first start using muscles you have used in awhile, they swell up with water for a while. Eventually the release what they don't really need, but that may be what's happening for you right now. Suggestion- switch up what you're doing with your exercise calories. If you eat all of them, cut back to some. If you eat some, switch to all or none. If you eat none, switch to all or some. You also might consider switching up your workout routine. (Those are just some ideas I've used when I hit a "plateau") Hope something helps!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS are definitely in order for the ladies of the May Day challenge b/c we have been rocking it out. It looks likethe majority of ppl have seen a decrease in their weight this week which means we are doing something correct. Keep up the great work!