May Day Challenge! Take 2!

Options

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies. I have returned from the gym after completing 60 minutes on the elliptical. My plan is to eat fairly light during the course of the day so when I go the superbowl parties later i can indulge a little if I choose to. I'm glad the workout is complete, I'm about to shower and just relax for the remainder of the day until it's time to get dress and head out to my destination.

Great job w/the weight loss this week ladies. Keep gettin it in and you'll be at your goal weight in no time.
  • rebecca413
    Options
    So, I'm a little late (was snowed in away from my scale), but here's my update:

Start weight: 208.3
    Dec. 25: 206
    Jan. 1: 202.3
    Jan. 8: 200
    Jan. 15: 197.8
    Jan. 22: 195.6
    Jan. 29: 193.8
    Feb. 5: 192.6
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5: Mini goal - 188
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 174

I haven't been doing as well lately. I was nearly PERFECT for so long, that it's hard to be imperfect without overdoing it. I need to find balance! :ohwell:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    OK, my new recipe for today was good:
    Taste of Home Southwest Chicken (I entered in the database)
    1 can corn, drained
    1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
    16 oz. salsa
    5 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 oz each)

Put 2/3 of the corn, beans and salsa in crockpot, lay the chicken on top, cover with rest of corn, beans, and salsa. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Shred the chicken and return to crock pot. One cup has 234 calories.

I had mine with a low carb tortilla, a little sour cream, and lettuce. Yummy!
  • aisser
    aisser Posts: 232
    Options
    I did good today with my calories and got my water in and walked around Discovery Green.
    Went to see my brother he is doing better his spirits was good today he got to go home for 2 days but has to be back at the home tomorrow so he can have his theropy and with his learning to swallow again for those who doesn't know he fell 2 stories onto concrete and had to have 3 brain surgeries.It happened back in June.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I hope everyone's weekend was filled w/fun, excitement, workouts and rest. Today is week 2 day 1 of P90X and I completed the 52 minute "Chest & Back" dvd. While there are parts of the P90X series that I definitely like and feel like I've gotten a great workout (Plyo, Kenpo & Cardio dvds) there are others I walk away from not sure what just happened although I give it my all on ALL the exercises. I may have to improvise by throwing in some Jillian Michael dvds or going to the gym to get some additional cardio but unsure right now. Anyhoo the workout is complete.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Mornin ladies

I did the shred Saturday night but I modified anything that would put strain on my knees. I am hoping the Orthapedist will give me a good brace and tell me I am ok to do my P90x when It shouw up Thursday. I am excited and scared about starting it all at the same time. :blushing:
    I have put back on a few poundss do to the meds I have been on for 3 weeks and my own poor choices, but I am not going to change my ticket until next week to try to get some weight back off since I am finished with the meds.
  • msh0530
    Options
    OK, new recipe of the day. We have declared it a keeper.
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Chicken-Spareribs
    I didn't use the oil, just put everything in the oven. I cup the sugar a little bit, and next time will cut way back on the soy sauce. Anyway, it was quite good. Happy Monday all!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Mornin all

I did the shred again last night but I can't wait until my P90x gets here so I can "bring it" but I am waiting utnil tommorow after seeing the orthapedist to see what exactly is wrong with my knees. THe pain is less bu it is still there
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I decided to forego the P90X Plyometrics dvd and went w/Jillian Michaels' Blast Fat/Boost Metabolism for a total of 50 minutes. I really like this dvd b/c it incorporates some Plyometric moves, kickboxing and a lot of ab work. I have to admit that since I've hit my goal weight it has been a little harder to get motivated to workout everyday but b/c of my new found friends on MFP I keep pluggin away at it. You don't know how many times over the last few weeks that I've said "I'll skip the workout today" only to remember my dedicated friends here on this site and think to myself "If they can do it, then so can I". I'm not sure how long this will last but I'll take it for now.
  • lose2cruise
    Options
    I'm hoping to get at least down into the mid 150's by May (I lose very slowly). I am a home based travel agent and have earned a cruise with Princess for completing their certification course. The cruise leaves in May and really want to get this weight off!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies, my day has blown past me and I'm finally at a point where I can take a break and check in w/my girls. My day began w/an early morning workout. I completed the P90X "Shoulders and Arms"w/o the ab ripper portion of the dvd for a total of 45 minutes and then I practiced my lapdance routine for another 20 minutes. I am not counting the lapdance as part of my official exercise diary but I did get the heart rate up a little. Once the workout was complete I had to shower and get dressed so I could pick my car up from the mechanic. My baby was out of commission for a few days but she's purring nicely right now. Once the car was in my possession I had to head into the office to get some work done. I stayed there for a little bit and then met a friend for lunch. After lunch I returned to my home office and continued working and have FINALLY been able to take a break.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to get at least down into the mid 150's by May (I lose very slowly). I am a home based travel agent and have earned a cruise with Princess for completing their certification course. The cruise leaves in May and really want to get this weight off!

Welcome!
  • Ktbell626
    Ktbell626 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Rant time for me!

So Graduating meeting was today at my college to find out all about the ceremony and grad show stuff. I'm a 3D animator and most of my art work is done on the computer but we still have to draw and have pre-production work. Well in years past, every graduate gets a spot in the gallery at our school to show our work off. Animation students get a pedestal with a monitor and DVD player to show our demo reel. Well this year because there are so many animation majors graduating. WE DON'T GET OUR OWN SPACE, WE ARE BEING GROUP TOGETHER IN ONE BIG LONG REEL! :mad: I really mad! I didn't spend four freaking years, not partying, working every single weekend and countless all nighters, just to be shoved into one big reel with everyone else. And I've talk to half of the animation graduates, and the department chair. We are writing a letter and fighting for our spots in the grad show. I'm just fuming at the moment because it is just another thing on a big pile of crap I have to do at the moment. :mad: Now i'm off for the third half of my day. thanks for listening to my rant!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Another day closer to the weekend, Woo Hoo! My workout is complete for today. I decided to do 40 minutes of the Cardio X dvd of the P90X series and 10 minutes of the "Melt It Off" dvd for a total of 50 minutes. I was going to head to the gym today but as always did not sleep well last night and was dragging a bit this morning. I meet w/my new primary care physician tomorrow and will tell her about my sleep issues and see what she thinks. No matter how tired or how late I go to bed I can't get more than 4/5 hours of sleep. Alot of times I'm able to get right up and begin my work day but by mid afternoon I find that I begin to drag. Anyway, the workout is done and I am happy about that.

Ktbell: Glad you and your fellow classmates decided to fight for your right to display your work solo. Hope it works out for you.

Happy Thursday all!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Did this thread die and no one tell me.....WHERE IS EVERYONE??????????????
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I am here! I have been losing weight and feeling great!! Have a fantastic weekend girls! See you next week.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Did this thread die and no one tell me.....WHERE IS EVERYONE??????????????

I've been reading posts, but haven't had a lot of time to post. I've had a sick little girl this week, on top of having something going on every evening except tonight, and having meetings every day during my plan time.:ohwell: I am so very :yawn: ! But the only thing I have to "DO" this weekend is watch the Daytona 500 Sunday afternoon!:laugh:

I haven't done too fantastic on my own personal challenges this week.:cry: I haven't even really tried any new recipes this week because most of my dinners have been on the go. Although this evening we did try a different chicken taco that we usually have. We took our usual grilled chicken breasts, shredded it, added a little enchilada seasoning, and made tacos with that. I found a new salsa that I love, and I don't have to make it myself! We found it our Dillon's (Kroger) store. It's called "Gourmet Style Salsa" and only has 10 calories per serving. The BEST part, though, is that it only has 75mg of sodium!:noway: A little more expensive that Pace salsa (of course), but (depending on the price of tomatoes) it is cheaper than making my own. I still prefer my own because I can get it just as spicy as I want, but this is pretty darn good when tomatoes are out of season. (I really dislike the tomatoes sold at the store out of season. They taste like plastic and make my salsa taste like plastic.:ohwell: )

Ok, I just thought of a new snack I tried this week. (Mary, you would NOT like this!:wink: ) I sliced a banana, and then dipped it in some of my Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter. Yummmm.:love: I also made a new salsa snack. I was wanting some salsa, but had run out of my homemade tortilla chips:cry: . So I decided to take one of the regular tortillas, put some sour cream on it, then spread my new favorite store bought salsa on it. Hit the spot!
  • aisser
    aisser Posts: 232
    Options
    I've been reading the posts to keep me motavated but haven't taken time to post myself. My x sister in law passed away yesterday from brain cancer. She has been sick for a while but I seem to be getting more phone calls the last week. Everyone just wants to talk and get some of there feelings out so I just listen. Don't know what else to do but I guess it helps because they keep calling. I didn't do to good with my calories today I went over:sad: Well tomorrow is weigh in for me:huh: and another day so I will get back on track. Good luck to all
  • Ktbell626
    Ktbell626 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm here and I've been reading the posts too! I have been doing really bad this week going over my calories everyday and no time for exercising. I doubt I lost any weight this week but next week I will get back on the wagon.

Thanks Chocolickkyss for the support!

Update about my grad show, The student body seems pretty upset about the change. So I started a petition today and got a lot of signatures. Its so weird to be fighting the system, because this is something I would never do. I'm calmer today and happy that we (my friends and I) have the support of our peers. Some professors didn't even know the school was changing this, and agree that grads need their own personal show.

Well Happy Weigh In tomorrow!
    (I probably won't be able to weigh in till Saturday, busy day Friday!)
  • msh0530
    Options
    I've been reading the posts to keep me motavated but haven't taken time to post myself. My x sister in law passed away yesterday from brain cancer. She has been sick for a while but I seem to be getting more phone calls the last week. Everyone just wants to talk and get some of there feelings out so I just listen. Don't know what else to do but I guess it helps because they keep calling. I didn't do to good with my calories today I went over:sad: Well tomorrow is weigh in for me:huh: and another day so I will get back on track. Good luck to all

I am very sorry to hear this. You are in my prayers.