May Day Challenge! Take 2!

Options

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I am NOT having a good day. THe scale is starting to move the wrong direction. I need to stop this before it gets to far out of hand.I need to work on my eating habbits I know that is my biggest weakness

Smadag, what's the deal w/the eating habits? What were you doing that helped you lose weight and what's being done now?
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I am NOT having a good day. THe scale is starting to move the wrong direction. I need to stop this before it gets to far out of hand.I need to work on my eating habbits I know that is my biggest weakness

Smadag, what's the deal w/the eating habits? What were you doing that helped you lose weight and what's being done now?

I have been slipping back into bad habbits. My hubby's uncle lives with us now and he loves chocolate and ice cream and I have found myself enjoying them with him.But I have stopped eating the chocolate and have gotten some skinny cow ice cream for the nights I want to have a sweet treat. I am back on track but now I have to lose what I have put back on
  • smadag1
    Options
    I did the shred last night but I am having knee pain now so I am not sure what to do now. I have always had bad knees but they have not hurt after a workout in a long time so I might need ot do some modifications for a while until they start feeling better. Two workouts so far this week:drinker:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    My workout is complete for today. I did 58 minutes of the P90X Plyometrics dvd and despite not being at 100% due to still getting over this cold I felt that I "brought it" as Tony Horton often says.

Smadag, I'm glad you've gotten yourself back on track. We will all have those days when it's easier to eat what we want so don't let it get you down. The fact that you've gotten yourself back on track is what's important. I'm glad you found some better options for those days that you decide to have a sweet treat. Here's to better choices and modification. You can do it and we're all here to support you while you do.

Well it's off to do some work but I'll be checkin in w/my ladies later.

Have a great day.
  • amboardman
    amboardman Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Feeling better today, just drugged from the Phenergan I took last night. Still not feeling up to a big workout, but I think I may walk on my afternoon break at work. Why does it take so long to feel normal again after a stomach bug? It just really drains everything out of you...:ohwell:
  • tflowers56
    Options
    Is it too late to join. I've been tracking my food and exercise for a couple of weeks and need some more motivation....you know accountability!!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Feeling better today, just drugged from the Phenergan I took last night. Still not feeling up to a big workout, but I think I may walk on my afternoon break at work. Why does it take so long to feel normal again after a stomach bug? It just really drains everything out of you...:ohwell:

I totally agree with you. I'm still recovering from a bad cold that hit me hard this weekend. While I did manage to workout despite not being 100% I didn't do any high intensity. I completed the Leslie Sansone 5 mile burn fat dvd which at least kept me active. I'm feeling better today but still not quite 100% but was able to complete the P90X Plyometrics dvd. I'm hoping I'll feel like myself by next week and hopefully you will too. Just remember to stay hydrated.

Feel better soon!
  • tflowers56
    Options
    Here is where I'm starting....I have a ski trip planned next month and would love to loose 5-10 more pounds before going. It sure will make it easier to pick myself up off the snow when I fall. LOL ~ I also have a end of July summer vacation planned and would LOVE to be down another 10 - 15 pounds by then.
    So wish me GOOD EATS AND EXERCISING!!!!

Start weight: 188
    Dec. 25:
    Jan. 1:
    Jan. 8:
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29: 186 (-2)
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 165
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Here is where I'm starting....I have a ski trip planned next month and would love to loose 5-10 more pounds before going. It sure will make it easier to pick myself up off the snow when I fall. LOL ~ I also have a end of July summer vacation planned and would LOVE to be down another 10 - 15 pounds by then.
    So wish me GOOD EATS AND EXERCISING!!!!

Welcome!

Sorry I've been MIA this weekeveryone! It's been busy one! Friday was a snow day! Yea! Unfortunately, that means that I didn't get any of the stuff done for the concession stand my music kids were scheduled for yesterday. Soooo, I ended up driving an hour out of my way after school on Monday, shopping at Walmart with 2 small children, and arrived back at school with 15 minutes to spare. Whew. So yesterday was a HECTIC day! I didn't get my exercise in, but I spent 3 extra hours on my feet running the stand that I wouldn't usually do. Today was recover and get things put back to rights day. The good news is that we profitted $300! We have one more stand next Monday, so between the two, the kids are well on their way to buying the marching banner they want.

Sorry for the ramble! I haven't been too swift with exercise and water this week. I got in 1 workout this weekend, and none since. I don't think I've hit my water goal a single time yet this go round.:grumble: Gotta get with it!

Remember: If not you, who? If not now, when?

Keep at it!:drinker:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Jan. 1: 168lbs
    Jan. 8:
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22: 168lbs
    Jan. 29: 166.8lbs
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 150lbs (hopefully!)

Still keeping track! I need to do this for me :) Thanks for the challenge!!!
  • yharmon
    Options
    So I have a stomach virus...out of commission for a few days! Hope to feel better soon!:sick:

Hope that nasty stomach virus passed and you are feeling 100% again!! Feel better!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning ladies, today's workout is complete. I did 59 minutes of P90X's "Arms and Shoulders" dvd and it was not nearly as bad as I expected. I'm stronger than I thought (I guess Jillian Michael's dvd and boot camp got me in pretty good shape) b/c the 8 lb weights I was using didn't seem heavy enough on a good portion of the exercises which means I'm going to have to purchase the 10 lbs very soon (hopefully over the weekend). Nonetheless, I think it was a good introduction and now that I have a better idea of what to expect I'll be better prepared.

Have a great day!
  • smadag1
    Options
    Knnes are bothiering me a little so I am going to do something light like my elliptical tonight depending on hubby's work schedule
  • amboardman
    Options
    So I have a stomach virus...out of commission for a few days! Hope to feel better soon!:sick:

Hope that nasty stomach virus passed and you are feeling 100% again!! Feel better!!

Thanks! I'm feeling MUCH better today. I actually feel human again...lol. I haven't worked out since Sunday (well, I walked on my break yesterday at work, but I wasn't 100% so it was a poor excuse for exercise) so hopefully I can get back on the exercise wagon tonight when I get the kids to bed.
  • amboardman
    Options

I totally agree with you. I'm still recovering from a bad cold that hit me hard this weekend. While I did manage to workout despite not being 100% I didn't do any high intensity. I completed the Leslie Sansone 5 mile burn fat dvd which at least kept me active. I'm feeling better today but still not quite 100% but was able to complete the P90X Plyometrics dvd. I'm hoping I'll feel like myself by next week and hopefully you will too. Just remember to stay hydrated.

Feel better soon!

Feeling much better today! Hope you are as well!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Don't really have much to say, just wanted to let you all know that I am still here. I'm reading your posts but a little too busy to post the past few days! Happy Wednesday, all, and here's to smart choices!
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone else had a better day than I! Today I felt like I had a HUGE project dumped on me at the last minute. I know that it's NOT the last minute (it's not until March 31), but I would have started the planning process a LONG time ago so that I wouldn't be stressed next month. *sigh* Here's (hopefully) a short version. My school was assigned to host our middle school league music festival this spring. At the planning meeting this past fall, we requested to pass it off to another school this year under the "new teacher" clause. No one said anything else to me, so I ASSUMED it had gone through with no problem. Unfortunately, it was voted down. Not that anyone bothered to tell ME, until today!:grumble: I have NEVER hosted a music festival in my LIFE, so I've got NO idea what's going on.:ohwell: After the initial shock (thanks for coming in during the middle of a class to tell me this!), I got busy making lists of everything I could think of that would need to be done. I then got a copy of the league rules governing this event, so that I would know WHEN things would have to be sent out, and I started putting a timeline together. My first BIG issue to tackle is judges. Finding people who have taught middle school band and choir before, preferrably in a small school, who are willing to come in for a day and listen and critique. Sounds easy, but it's usually not (from what I hear).

I get home from school today and I am craving sugar SO bad:angry: I asage the desire with some cereal and milk, so not too bad. After I get myself a snack, I sit down (instead of putting on my Wii workout:grumble: ) and calm down. I have now reached a point where I can find it kind of humorous. I have several thoughts on people I can call to judge, I have emails for all the directors in my league that I can use for help at any time, and I have a great friend who has offered to take a day off work and come help me.:bigsmile: It won't be so bad. It just threw a wrench into the middle of my day, and added stress that I really didn't need:laugh: One thing I can say about my job is that it's never boring!:laugh:

As I said, I didn't work out today, and I am about 2 cups shy of my water goal. If I get busy I could get that in, but then I would wake up at 2AM.:ohwell:

Ok, enough pitty party. Back to work. I am forgoing my snack tonight because I didn't workout (I have the cals, but I need SOME kind of motivation:wink: ).

If not me, who? If not now, when?
    If I always do what I've always done, I'll always get what I've always got.
  • smadag1
    Options
    I am putting myself on the disable list for the rest of the week, my knees are killing me so I am going to give them a rest and hope they feel better by Monday.
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    Getting to cruise tomorrow we leave for FL and Saturday we board the ship... I've gotten my work outs in and eating good all week. I may though just stay the same tomorrow!!!! I'll post tomorrow and then be out for a week!!! YEA ME
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning ladies, my day got off to a very slow start b/c once again I did not sleep well. I was tired, so, headed to bed about 11 pm but was up around 1 am for no apparent reason. I could not fall back to sleep until about 4 am so getting up to exercise at 6 am was not going to happen. I finally did muster up the energy and got the workout done. Today is day 4 of P90X and it was suppose to be Yoga. I still haven't been able to wrap my mind around doing Yoga especially since that dvd is 90 minutes long. So instead of doing the Yoga dvd I did 40 minutes of the Cardio X dvd which incorporates moves from the Yoga, Plyo, Kenpo and Core X dvds. That was a nice burn and I can feel yesterday's workout of shoulders and arms.

As always I am glad I did the workout AND that it's over for the day.