May Day Challenge! Take 2!

Options

Replies

• katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    i got in 30 min of weight/strength training and 15 min bicycle work this morning

i hope to get in an additional 15- 20 min with my wii fit this evening

off to get some things done

sorry about your job smadag

have a good weekend everyone -katie
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hey Chockolickkyss,

I have problems with insomnia myself,... I take ambien 5-10mg only as needed. I hope you can get some answers and some relief... it's never fun!

And thanks for the encouragement! It's been weird... the more I focus on the weight, the less I lose. I've been so busy the past week I didn't weigh myself till yesterday and was reallyl surprised! I even had days I was over my caloric allowance! (The human body is so strange and amazing)!

I started doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, and that's been fun and hard! I hope to 1 day get to the P-90X system, but I have a feeling that will be a ways off! I am just working on getting through level 1! HA!

Have a great weekend!
    : )
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in!! I haven't been on the site in a long time and am ready to get my life on track.

Start Weight: 140.4
    Feb. 12: 140.4 lbs
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 125 lbs

This will be a great challenge because I am going to Jamaica in May and definately want to be looking fit and healthy. I just joined a gym today and am going this afternoon with my fiance. I already went grocery shopping and stocked up on all my healthy foods and snacks. My overall goal is 115- 120 lbs, I am on the shorter side of 5 ft tall. I am looking forward to reaching 125 lbs by May!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Hey Chockolickkyss,

I have problems with insomnia myself,... I take ambien 5-10mg only as needed. I hope you can get some answers and some relief... it's never fun!

And thanks for the encouragement! It's been weird... the more I focus on the weight, the less I lose. I've been so busy the past week I didn't weigh myself till yesterday and was reallyl surprised! I even had days I was over my caloric allowance! (The human body is so strange and amazing)!

I started doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, and that's been fun and hard! I hope to 1 day get to the P-90X system, but I have a feeling that will be a ways off! I am just working on getting through level 1! HA!

Have a great weekend!
    : )

Thank you for sharing about ur own insomnia issues. I hope to have the labs back and answers soon b/c you're right it's not fun. I wouldn't sell yourself short regarding P90X. I'm doing the classic version and it's not as hard as I anticipated. I can't complete a pull up but there are modified versions. I've read so many ppl talk about the 30 day shred. I have Jillian's No More Trouble Zones and Blast Fat/Boost Metabolism dvds and absolutely love them. I think the only reason I didn't buy the shred was b/c the workout was shorter than I wanted. Keep up the great work.
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Today is my 6th wedding anniversary, and I weigh about 25 lbs less than I did when I said "I do" to my darling husband. What a great feeling. :)
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 137
    Jan. 1: 137
    Jan. 8: 135
    Jan. 15: 134
    Jan. 22: 134
    Jan. 29: 135
    Feb. 5: 135
    Feb. 12: 134
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 129

Was MIA for awhile, sick kids for two weeks straight. I'm exhausted but ready to get back into a schedule once the kids are back to school (of course Monday is a holiday). Have a great week!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Valentine's ladies, I hope your weekend is coming along well!

I've been up since 5 am b/c my best friend who have not spoken w/since X-mas gave me a call and we talked until about 7 am and then another good friend call right after and talked for another 2 hours. I told myself that before I got too comfortable I was going to get my workout complete and I have succeeded. As always, Sunday is my light day so I decided to complete the 58 minutes of the P90X stretching dvd. I know stretching is an essential piece of working out to help w/flexibility and preventing injuries but i'm not sure 58 minutes of it is necessary. I kept telling myself I was only going to do 30 minutes but then when 30 minutes passed I said 45 minutes and then here comes 45 minutes and I finally said just suck it up and do the entire thing and I did. Glad it's over and it was not as bad as I had anticipated although I still don't think I need 58 minutes of it.

Now that the workout is complete I can spend the rest of the day relaxing.

Kath711: Glad your children are feeling better and that you're back on track.

Hope everyone's valentines weekend was spend w/that special someone. Have a great day all!
  • aisser
    aisser Posts: 232
    Options
    Happy Valentines Day:happy: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentine's Day!:heart: My kiddos and I just finished making chocolate covered strawberries. They look YUMMY!:love: Others may laugh, but I weighed the bowls and chocolate before, and again after we were done so I would know exactly how much chocolate I used.:blushing: When I figured up the calories for each one, the average (obviously the bigger strawberries are more and the smaller ones less) calories are 53 each! Now I am asking myself why I don't do this more often. It was a fun activity with the kids (kinda messy though:laugh: ), "cheap" on calories, and much better for me than other options to get my chocolate fix.:wink: Now, if only I can hold out until dessert! Speaking of dinner, I'd better go get our pork loin cooking!

Here's to smart choices!:drinker:
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!

Just got back from watching Avatar. Pretty cool in 3-D. Ate some popcorn but had a light dinner so doing okay. Hope everyone's has a sweet day!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all! I am a little bit happy today, because although it isn't much, I did post a loss this morning for the first time in a very long time. Maybe my new plan will get me off of my plateau! Here's hoping, anyway. :wink:

Happy Monday and President's Day to all, and here's to smart choices!
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    So I was feeling down all morning. I didn't feel like doing anything. My fiance kept telling me to go to the gym and I kept telling him that I didn't want to!! Well I went for about an hour and I feel great! I am ready to get things done around the apartment and am back on track. I have already drank about 25 ounces of water. I am going to hop in the shower and then eat a healthy lunch. My goal today is to log everything that I eat!
  • lose2cruise
    Options
    So I was feeling down all morning. I didn't feel like doing anything. My fiance kept telling me to go to the gym and I kept telling him that I didn't want to!! Well I went for about an hour and I feel great! I am ready to get things done around the apartment and am back on track. I have already drank about 25 ounces of water. I am going to hop in the shower and then eat a healthy lunch. My goal today is to log everything that I eat!

Good for you!!! Where in Jamaica are you going for your vacay? I just sold a honeymoon to someone at Sandals. (I'm a travel agent).
  • annerssju
    Options
    Today is my 6th wedding anniversary, and I weigh about 25 lbs less than I did when I said "I do" to my darling husband. What a great feeling. :)

Congratulations! What a great accomplishment!
  • annerssju
    Options
    Start weight: 172
    Jan. 8: 165.5
    Jan. 15: 163.5
    Jan. 22: 163.5
    Jan. 29: 162
    Feb. 5: 164
    Feb. 12: 163 Ugh... well at least I'm better than last week, but I am still up from the end of Jan. which is not good. Hopefully this Friday's weigh-in will be better.
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 145 - This is a lofty goal but I'd REALLY love to be there.... I am hopeful I can do it!
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Today is week 3 day 1 of the P90X series and I was able to rock out the chest and back dvd after procrastinating the entire morning. I really don't know what's going on w/me but my desire to exercise daily is waning terribly. I'm finding myself procrastinating more and having to really talk myself into "bringing it" during my workouts. I'm fearful that I will eventually say "forget it" regarding daily exercise and will just watch my caloric intake since I've already hit my goal weight. I know why I need daily exercise but I'll admit it's getting harder by the day. Anyway, 52 minutes later the workout is done and I'm happy about it.

Tomorrow is Plyometrics and hopefully I can get up and get it in.

Have a great day all!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Today is week 3 day 1 of the P90X series and I was able to rock out the chest and back dvd after procrastinating the entire morning. I really don't know what's going on w/me but my desire to exercise daily is waning terribly. I'm finding myself procrastinating more and having to really talk myself into "bringing it" during my workouts. I'm fearful that I will eventually say "forget it" regarding daily exercise and will just watch my caloric intake since I've already hit my goal weight. I know why I need daily exercise but I'll admit it's getting harder by the day. Anyway, 52 minutes later the workout is done and I'm happy about it.

Tomorrow is Plyometrics and hopefully I can get up and get it in.

Have a great day all!
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options

Thank you! :smile:
  • lose2cruise
    Options

Thank you! :smile:

Congrats on #6. I just celebrated #33 last week! :smile:
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Made what my grandmother would call "stone soup" tonight. I had some chicken broth, a grilled chicken breast, some egg noodles, and a freezer full of veggies. Throw in some seasoning (basil, fresh pepper, minced onion), and there you have it. Homemade chicken noodle soup! Pretty good for my first attempt at a homemade non-cream based soup! DH thought it needed some salt:tongue: I used reduced sodium broth for a reason, and adding salt kinda defeats the purpose!

Proud Momma Warning:wink:
    On another subject, my 5yo DD read a book to ME tonight before bed!:love: She's "read" me some of the little board books that have a picture with the word under it. But tonight was a real book, with a story, and more words than the pictures show on the page! There were some words she couldn't figure out (bought does NOT look or phonetically sound like it should:laugh: ), but she did an excellent job. Interesting fact, she didn't even have to sound out "ice cream." She knew it by sight!:laugh: :tongue: