Happiness is a Myth

Options

Replies

• JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Hi unJunk,

I read your profile, and saw that one of your goals is "to feel wanted". This leads me to assume that perhaps you have experienced a great deal of loss, rejection, and/or abandonment in your life. Naturally, this would make you skeptical about achieving happiness, and would wreak havoc on your self-esteem, always wondering what it is you lack that makes people reject or leave you. The thing is, you don't lack anything. What you need in order to achieve happiness exists right there inside of you. You just need to learn how to tap into it.

Happiness is a choice, so what you first need to do is to choose it. Believing that it's possible will open doors of opportunities you never dreamed of.
  • laurie1500
    Options
    I totally agree with you! All of us are born with a hole inside that will never truly be satisfied with anything here on this earth. You were created by God, He loves you, and you will be forever changed and forever satisfied if you give your life to Him. True joy comes from Jesus. He says that He is the living water that, if you drink it, you will never thirst again.
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    ..Its all a lie

the-cake-is-not-a-lie-portal.jpg
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Being Happy is a myth...Its an illusion to what we all are trying to attain. In everything we do in our daily lives its this deluded concept that what we are doing can somehow make us happy. We go to our jobs to slave away and earn a few dollars to buy stuff. We bite into a warm chocolate chip cookie for 5 seconds of bliss. A cigarette, a drink, a relationship, SEX. None of it is happiness its this false short lived instant... a brief moment. Its all a lie

The cake is also a lie...

LOL...this made me laugh for realz... thank you

You're welcome, you haz happy nao? :wink:
  • Iron_Biker
    Iron_Biker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Happiness is not a goal, it is a process, and an attitude.

At all times, you decide.

Certainly, misery likes to be shared. Suck it up, bro. Find your reason, and fight for it.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    If you choose to believe that ...............your life sucks lol

LOL! Yup!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    You create your environment. Choose to allow others to effect it, or not...
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Being Happy is a myth...Its an illusion to what we all are trying to attain. In everything we do in our daily lives its this deluded concept that what we are doing can somehow make us happy. We go to our jobs to slave away and earn a few dollars to buy stuff. We bite into a warm chocolate chip cookie for 5 seconds of bliss. A cigarette, a drink, a relationship, SEX. None of it is happiness its this false short lived instant... a brief moment. Its all a lie

Albert Camus has joined MFP?

Who knew!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I heard there was cake here.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    We should all live in a box and drink rain water.
  • HarleyQuinn_12
    HarleyQuinn_12 Posts: 376 Member
    Options

You need moar....

Cowbell.gif

WIN!!!

WIN INDEED!!!!
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options
    Troll.
  • JSheehy1965
    Options
    Happiness or joy can be found in many things, small things, big things. I'm happy this morning that Hurricane Sandy hooked around my city and we didn't get hit as badly as many others. I find joy in the fact that my husband smiles when I walk into a room and every day, tells me I'm beautiful. It made me smile on Saturday, when I was raking leaves, to see so many different colours in them, and then to have the neighbourhood toddlers all want to help me with the raking (making a bigger mess) whilst in their halloween costumes. Getting a bag of my favourite British candy in a care package from my sister makes me smile! Life is made up of good and bad, bitter and sweet.

I'm a Christian, but I'm not going to preach. Jesus said, "I come that you may have life in its fullest", not "I come so you will be happy all the time". I take that to mean, that living life fully, is experiencing both the good and the bad. The Verve's "Bittersweet Symphony" is one of my favourite songs.

I'm sorry that you seem to be so unhappy. .I hope that you can find joy in the little things that make life worth living.
  • unJunk
    unJunk Posts: 29
    Options
    Troll.
    Moron ....Is name calling appropriate.
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I have enough of the small, momentary happy moments to lead to an overall happiness. It is merely ratio. Sadness is only in small moments too...... just have more good than bad, and, in basic math, that translates to relative happiness...... except for maybe in your case, where misery, sadness, anger and bitterness outnumber happy, peaceful, fabulous times....... in which case, you have chosen to allow those things to inflict misery on yourself. So, perhaps, the misery that you feel is a myth......
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options

Well, aren't we a f*cking ray of sunshine today?!!?
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    http://www.theoldtrouts.org/

an amazing puppet show that addresses this issue.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    We should all live in a box and drink rain water.

But I don't WANT rain water, I want CAKE! Now I'm *really* not happy.
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    everyday-emo.jpg

See? Now I am LMAO, which subsequently causes The Happy.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I feel sad for you. We make our own happiness, obviously you've opted out.