Happiness is a Myth

Options

Replies

• penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    please tell me you do not work at Suicide Hotline...........

"What seems to be your problem?"

"Well... it just feels like... my life has no meaning."

"Because it doesn't. You're just realizing this now?"

"Oh... Oh..."

"Listen, just do it. Just jump. I would too but my shift isn't done for a few hours."
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Dachshunds make me happy...they provide happiness.
    Dachshunds are real, therefore happiness is real.

Myth Busted!
  • Kellyscupcake
    Kellyscupcake Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I bet you're fun to hang around..

This made me laugh.. alot.
    My kids, family, friends- can't look at one of em and say happiness is a myth. Might be time to find a church.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    You from Penn State?
    *holds up a doll*
    Show me where the bad man touched you.

Advice:
    Stand up brush the BS in your life off.
    We all go through dark times.
    Life is what YOU make it!!!!!!
  • kelleygi
    kelleygi Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Happiness IS NOT a myth. I had second grade with her and she was really a nice girl!!
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Being Happy is a myth...Its an illusion to what we all are trying to attain. In everything we do in our daily lives its this deluded concept that what we are doing can somehow make us happy. We go to our jobs to slave away and earn a few dollars to buy stuff. We bite into a warm chocolate chip cookie for 5 seconds of bliss. A cigarette, a drink, a relationship, SEX. None of it is happiness its this false short lived instant... a brief moment. Its all a lie

The cake is also a lie...

NO - the cake is delicious and moist.

It's the female orgasm, that's the myth << Movie Quote! Who knows the line? >>

Jay and silent bob strike back!!! Oh! The C.L.I.T. is REAL!
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    We should all live in a box and drink rain water.

But I don't WANT rain water, I want CAKE! Now I'm *really* not happy.
    Don't use a bowl to drink your rain water, that's for losers.

So, it's the *pursuit* of the rain water that matters? Ahhh... I get it now.
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I'm f-ing happy as hell today and every day for that matter!!! Life is what you make it, I choose to be awesome and happy:)

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands.........

BtRT1.jpg
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You from Penn State?
    *holds up a doll*
    Show me where the bad man touched you.

Too soon, my friend, too soon. :laugh:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Being Happy is a myth...Its an illusion to what we all are trying to attain. In everything we do in our daily lives its this deluded concept that what we are doing can somehow make us happy. We go to our jobs to slave away and earn a few dollars to buy stuff. We bite into a warm chocolate chip cookie for 5 seconds of bliss. A cigarette, a drink, a relationship, SEX. None of it is happiness its this false short lived instant... a brief moment. Its all a lie

The cake is also a lie...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnQNLrMdtrK40VQW--482PvqEI_G8Dha3OG0OXcJuq8L_UAwVP
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    In the immortal words of John Lennon, "Happiness is a warm gun."

bang bang shoot shoot
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Happiness is not a myth. It's a choice.

If you are a miserable douche, it's usually because you wanna to be.
    Which will lead to choices that will make your life miserable.

best answer!!!!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Bleh. Happiness is obtainable. Stop whining and go get it. I'm chasing some happiness right now. Just hope I don't F it up. :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    “I see in the fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables, slaves with white collars, advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need. We're the middle children of the history man, no purpose or place, we have no Great war, no Great depression, our great war is a spiritual war, our great depression is our lives, we've been all raised by television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars, but we won't and we're slowly learning that fact. and we're very very pissed off.”

FR sent
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I am (happily) living this myth then.

CHEERS!
  • Gennacy
    Gennacy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Well my hubby comes home tomorrow after 4 months away in afghanistan, i am so happy i could jump to the moon :)

And after 15 years of marriage, happiness is most definitely not a myth!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Well, aren't you a bowl full of rainbows. You know the last time I decided that happiness was a mytical creature that someone probably made up I figured out I was clinically depressed. You might want to seek professional help to assist you with your brand of crazy, it usually helps me with mine.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I disagree. It's not a myth, I'm sad you feel this way at this point in time. It can be easy to feel this way if your whole world is crashing down. Nothing in life is constant, though. I believe if you want to be happy you will chase it within yourself.
    For me being happy is being grateful for what I have. I honestly feel extremely lucky every morning to have woken up to another day and for everyone in my life. Grateful for my apartment, and all my belongings. My job makes me unbelievably miserable but at the end of the day I am ok, because it is not what defines me, it's merely a means to an end.
    Good luck, I'm sure your feelings will change even if you don't feel they will right now.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    “I see in the fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables, slaves with white collars, advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need. We're the middle children of the history man, no purpose or place, we have no Great war, no Great depression, our great war is a spiritual war, our great depression is our lives, we've been all raised by television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars, but we won't and we're slowly learning that fact. and we're very very pissed off.”

Best I've seen in a long time. Thanks!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I get where the OP is coming from. While I don't believe happiness is a myth, I am fighting a constant battle with futility. Sometimes it overwhelms me, but I never let it win. It's always there though, in the back of my mind.

And to those who keep saying "your life sucks, LOL", you're the real miserable douches. Way to kick someone when they're down. LOL real funny.