Beautiful Blues 1/26/10

Options
debnu1
debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
challenge11.JPG

Here's our new chart. The total amount lost is wrong, apparently I forgot to do some adding. :tongue:

Replies

• smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    bump
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Let's work it this week blues! Everyone show a loss or no gain! We can do it!!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Go Blues!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!! It looks like our member list is getting longer!! :drinker:

I just finished a great Tae Bo workout & burned 576 calories!! Woot Woot!!!! :bigsmile:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Went out for a 3 mile lunch run and did 4! Chilly 32*!
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Go Blues!!! Woot!! Lets kill it this week!
  • shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • debnu1
    Options
    I have been listening to a podcast called inside out weight loss. It is quite interesting. The one I listened to today talked about Positive intent. Everything you do has a positive intent, even if you don't know what it is. You may want peace, you may want sleep you may want happiness. For instance if you have not had enough sleep and you start reaching for the sweets your body has the positive intent of more energy. However if you just went and took a nap or went to bed earlier you would have that in a better way. When we stifle the basic needs, they grow stronger--if you eat "comfort foods" for comfort and don't find a better way to comfort yourself that need is going to become stronger until it causes you to break what ever you are doing and give in.

I have not figured out what basic needs I am ignoring in my body yet. I know I must be because I have moments where I just give up and eat whatever and everything that I can. I am going to search this out in my mind.

What are your thoughts on this--hopefully I have explained it well enough.
    :flowerforyou:
  • MayLan
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Looks like everyone here is kicking butt!!!!

I'm getting ready to workout to Jillian Michaels' banish fat boost metabolism and ab ripper x for a total of 65 minutes. Just finished doing some homework for school. This week my goal is to get my sleep cycle back to normal, because it's been messed up and I am getting myself to bed after midnight. So tonight I'll watch the Biggest Loser and then head to bed at 10:00pm even if I'm not sleepy. Then, this week, it's bedtime at 9:00pm.

Have a great day all!!!!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Today has been a pretty productive day. The kids school was two hours late so I got up with them bright and early this morning jumped right on the treadmill and ran 3 miles. It felt great. Then went a got a massage ahh that was relaxing. Just got done eating my lunch and waiting for the kids to come home.

almomay- I also am trying to go to bed earlier and so far its working. Last night was hard thoughts kept racing through my head but I went and took a shower and that was enough to put this baby to bed he he.
  • Taradise
    Options
    I have been listening to a podcast called inside out weight loss. It is quite interesting. The one I listened to today talked about Positive intent. Everything you do has a positive intent, even if you don't know what it is. You may want peace, you may want sleep you may want happiness. For instance if you have not had enough sleep and you start reaching for the sweets your body has the positive intent of more energy. However if you just went and took a nap or went to bed earlier you would have that in a better way. When we stifle the basic needs, they grow stronger--if you eat "comfort foods" for comfort and don't find a better way to comfort yourself that need is going to become stronger until it causes you to break what ever you are doing and give in.

I have not figured out what basic needs I am ignoring in my body yet. I know I must be because I have moments where I just give up and eat whatever and everything that I can. I am going to search this out in my mind.

What are your thoughts on this--hopefully I have explained it well enough.

Wow, I never really thought of it that way. I just thought my will power sucked... not that I was lacking something and reaching out to fill that need. Makes a lot of sense though. Next time, I will have to think about what I am in need of and why. Thanks for the insight!!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    It's a new week and you know what I'm here for! OK, everybody, team huddle . . . on three . . . GO BLUES!!
  • Canaday
    Canaday Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well said. I find the reach for "energy" happens around 3:00 p.m. I've begun a stronger vitamin and mineral regimen to hopefully offset the energy drag. I LOVE the Inside Out Weighloss podcasts. The woman makes complete sense every time I listen to her!

Go Beautiful Blues. Though I ate 800 more calories yesterday than I was supposed to, I'm back on track and motivated to knock it out this week. Burned 450 on the treadmill this a.m.
  • debnu1
    Options
    I am glad someone else listens to those podcasts too. I get so much insight from them that really makes sense. I hope this will be what takes me over that edge. I know that I eat emotionally I just have a hard time figuring out why.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Love to read all of your posts, but I don't have time to respond individually right now. I just got home from swimming with my new goggles - loved them! I picked up my grandsons after work, so I haven't started dinner yet. I had better go get busy. I think that I am making a casserole with ham, sweet potatoes and pineapple. New recipe, so hope it's a winner. Catch up with you all later. Here's to smart choices!
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    I am glad someone else listens to those podcasts too. I get so much insight from them that really makes sense. I hope this will be what takes me over that edge. I know that I eat emotionally I just have a hard time figuring out why.

where is the podcast??
  • debnu1
    Options
    here is the link for the blog, I found it on itunes, but the blog has the podcasts too, I think. :smile: You can join me in listening to them and we can compare notes--I started with the ones way back :huh: in 2007. :wink:

http://renee.personallifemedia.com/

On an exciting note I just got back from my BL weigh in I am down over 5 lbs! Hooray! This logging and doing extra exercise thing really works!! Now I am back to where I should have started--to keep it going...:ohwell:

• MayLan
    Options
    debnu1- Great job on your accomplishments. You are awesome!!!
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    Holy crap I just read about BMI and how they can be wrong. that is so weird and instead they suggest getting your body fat checked instead that way if the scale doesn't move your body fat might be. This is something I'm going to go check into. Everyone that I know keeps telling me that I don't have that much to loose but the scale and the BMI are telling me different. Its just interesting very interesting.
  • Taradise
    Options
    I read about the BMI too. Now I'm thinking of getting measured properly at my gym... I'll have to ask them about it. I have heard before that thin looking people can be fat.

This reminds me that I need to measure myself. Maybe my body has changed even if the scale hasn't changed much.