Beautiful Blues 1/26/10

Options

Replies

• Canaday
    Canaday Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a Tanita scale the measures weight, % body fat and % hydration. The more I work out, the % body fat may show the change, but the weight may not move. I generally take my hints from the scale for how much water to drink. It's fairly consistent in the measurements. Hope this helps.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Mornin all

I did jillians banish fat last night and did all 50 minutes. That is the first time to do it all the way to the end. I did have to stop a couple times at the end becuase the jumping was making me sick. Not sure how I did on cals because I logged that I was going to do 60 minutes on the elliptical but changed my mind. I think I got a better workout doing the dvd

I am thinking of geting p90x can anyone give me a little info about it
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I don't have time to read back thru but I realized I haven't said Hi - so Good Morning - I'll catch up later.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    smadag- I have the p90x videos, but I didn't purchase it, I got it from a friend, so I have the copies. I love it!!!!!! It's got a ton of dvd workouts ranging from, cardio, plyometrics, kenpo(kinda lick kickboxing). And on top of that it has tons of dvds that you can do with weights at home. It's like your gym away from home, and all you need are the weights. It's not just a program for losing weight, it's a program for losing body fat and gaining muscle. But, women don't gain muscle in a nasty way. It really tones your body and gives you that definition to have a "beachbody". Don't be intimidated with the male body images, because women do not get buff from doing this. They get lean and toned and have lean muscle. I'm doing it myself to tone my body because I have noticed alot of the workout videos focus mainly on cardio, but I want to lose weight in a balanced way and have a toned body with no gigglys.

Here's the site: http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/p90x.do?code=P90XDOTCOM

Wow, I just looked at the beachbody web site and noticed there are tons of other programs besides p90x on there. But here on MFP I just here alot of people doing the P90x program and there are even coaches here.
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Good Day Blues! I woke up early again today and did level 2 of the 30 day shred. That DVD really gets me sweating in that 20 or so mins. I am still planning to go to a boxing class tonight... which will be good. I've been a bit stressed and frustrated at work... wanna work out all that tension.

almomay - thanks for all the info on p90x. I may look into that sometime.

smadag1 - great job with the workout last night! High Five!

Canaday - I've never had a scale that measure body fat. Interesting idea. I did put some 5 lb weights on my scale this morning... it measured the 5 lb weight as 5.2 lbs. So my scale is pretty close - maybe not time to get a new one just yet.

msh0530 - keep up the swimming!! great job!
  • MayLan
    Options
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Off to a good start today, did my Wii fit, getting ready to make ham and beans for supper and some homemade granola bars. It snowed enough here that I got my wish – no school today, so I will be able to spend at least part of the day in the sewing room! Happy Kansas Day to anyone else who has Kansas roots, Happy Friday to all, and here’s to smart choices!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Good morning. It''s been an interesting one so far. I took my daughter to the doctor last night as she had huge tonsils--she has strep and probably has for a week. Now I think my son may have it too--we are going in this morning. Hopefully DH and I don't have it too. So much for my day routine.

I am struggling with staying on plan today, but I know I can do it. Even though my exercise was cut short.

Have a great one.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Definitely back to basics for me....since I haven't exercised since Tuesday - hopefully I'll be ok to do something tomorrow even if it's walk in the snow (or go sledding since it's gonna snow)

Watching food closely--first day in a LONG time but yesterday was a disaster...over it and focused on today. BTW if you haven't tried Dominos new Pizza-DON'T it was way too good! With the week I've had I chalked it up as a let my hair down day and I am back to the real me again today!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Hello Blues!!

Hopefully everyone is ready for a good, strong weekend! I just got home from an awesome step aerobics class! It was only 6 degrees this morning & I hated leaving the house & hated even more taking my girls out, but I'm so glad that I did! We had been in the house a little too much this week! I didn't realize until I got there that I forgot my HRM - grrrrr!! I hate when that happens. I'm estimating on the low end at 350 cals burned as I did have to stop to take my oldest to the potty for a couple of minutes.

I've been doing really great with my workouts & eating this week - until last night - I had 2 bowls of honey bunches of oats!! I am so addicted to that stuff!! But, it's good to be back on track & I'm hoping to show a loss on the scale this week!

Make it a great day!!

:bigsmile: Sandy
  • msh0530
    Options
    So I didn't tell you guys the funniest part of my morning workout. Since it snowed, I didn't put my dog outside, and she watched me workout for the first time. She added to the experience, but not necessarily in a helpful way. For the first ten minutes, she just tried to get me to play with her, as she saw no other reason for the activity that I was doing. After that, she gave up and decided that she wanted to lay at my feet. Well, she kind of overlapped on the Wii balance board, so that was also less than helpful! Anyway, she was really cute and made me smile. Hope all are having a great day!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    So I didn't tell you guys the funniest part of my morning workout. Since it snowed, I didn't put my dog outside, and she watched me workout for the first time. She added to the experience, but not necessarily in a helpful way. For the first ten minutes, she just tried to get me to play with her, as she saw no other reason for the activity that I was doing. After that, she gave up and decided that she wanted to lay at my feet. Well, she kind of overlapped on the Wii balance board, so that was also less than helpful! Anyway, she was really cute and made me smile. Hope all are having a great day!

Our puppy LOVES to help me workout when I do it at home...ab work is a real hoot since you're laying on the floor....I get lots of sloppy kisses!
  • MayLan
    Options
    msh0530- That's very cute. For me it's my 17 month old who thinks I'm playing with her. When I'm jumping around she starts jumping and thinks were dancing. I sometimes crack up in the middle of a workout. When I'm doing abs, she thinks my stomach is a mat and sits on top of me. Little things like this I guess make it all worth it.

debnu- Hope your daughter and son feel better.

Today is one of those days where I'm just having a hard time with things because of lack of motivation and just thinking about issues. But I'm pushing myself and will be doing Jillian Michael's banish fat boost metabolism and ab ripper x for a total of 65 minutes. And on top of it, I weighed myself this morning and saw no change. I just don't understand sometimes, maybe tomorrow it will move.

Keep on going beautiful blues!!!!!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options

Lexi helped me work out last night too. she was either laying on me during crunches or under me during push uos. and why is ti when we get hot and sweaty they want to lick us more :laugh:
  • dawn717
    dawn717 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    We had a birthday lunch for my boss today. I did indulge :blushing:
    But, I also joined a group that is going to do Zumba classes twice a week after work.

Have a great weekend bb's. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • msh0530
    Options
    Found this in someone else's post, and it was interesting. If anyone is cooking for one, there is also a free downloadable Shop once, eat for a week link on it also. I actually thought it was good to look at even though I cook for two or more, I could adapt some of the ideas on it.

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/eatthis/42707/4-must-know-restaurants-secrets/
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Hey Blues!

Just wanted to bump the thread & share my great workout today -The Biggest Loser Cardio Max & 25minutes on the treadmill for a total of 535 - I'm feeling great & hopeful for a good weigh in on Monday!!

:drinker: Sandy
  • MayLan
    Options
    Hi blues,

How are ya?? I 'm still up at this time....but just wanted to say hi. Everyone at church is commenting on my weight loss and I'm finally wearing a size 10. ( A bit tight, but it's on me) hehe. Weight ticker is not moving yet, but hey, I know it's a matter of time till it happens. Today I did kenpo x from p90x for 60 minutes.

Have a great Sunday!!!!
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hello Blues! Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend.

almomay - congrats on the size 10. Won't be long before the size 10 are too big on you!!

sanifrey - High Five for a rockin' workout!

dawn717 - no problem for one "cheat" day. Just make sure your back here with us for the rest of the days :flowerforyou:

I'm about to head to the gym for a spin class + 30 min run on the treadmill. Need to work hard today because we are going out to dinner tonight. Any body have low cal Thai food suggestions?

I made the Diet Soda Cupcakes last night with Sprite Zero and Yellow Cake. Wow! They are awesome!
  • MayLan
    Options
    Hi everybody,

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend! Awesome job on your hard work outs, and I'm sure we'll have a great weigh in tomorrow.
    I went to the gym today and ran 30 minutes in treadmill, 30 minute in elliptical, and 30 minutes of strength training.

Have a good night all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!