Beautiful Blues 1/26/10

Options

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do that will not put a lot of stress on my kneees? I want to give them a ouple days to rest but I don't want to stop working out.

Make sure your form is correct when you're doing your exercise...squats, lunges - you should be able to see your toes...push out from the butt Form is SUPER important to not getting injured.

Ice them after every workout....it really helps. Even if they are not sore - do it!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    My main goal this month is to get back on track, log every day.

I would like to lose those few lbs that I gained since my lowest weigh in.:grumble:
    I guess it could be worse.:wink::tongue:

goal- I want to see ~185 at end of Feb which would make me down ~40

Trying a different angle this time, doing alot of boxing, baseball, tennis swinging, basketball shooting as part of a 2nd workout. Playing a mini game with the Wii basically.

Off to do EA active workout.
  • thumper44
    Options
    Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do that will not put a lot of stress on my kneees? I want to give them a ouple days to rest but I don't want to stop working out.

Make sure your form is correct when you're doing your exercise...squats, lunges - you should be able to see your toes...push out from the butt Form is SUPER important to not getting injured.

Ice them after every workout....it really helps. Even if they are not sore - do it!

I don't ice or haven't had reason to? shrug, but when I read that, I remember watching BL last week or 2 weeks ago, and them showing behind the scenes, and (only because I never thought about it) but surprised me that 4 or 5 contestants were in there with ice packs all wrapped up on their legs.

So right after your workout, wrap ice? don't let your legs cool down for 5-10 mins?
  • chrissyh
    Options

I don't ice or haven't had reason to? shrug, but when I read that, I remember watching BL last week or 2 weeks ago, and them showing behind the scenes, and (only because I never thought about it) but surprised me that 4 or 5 contestants were in there with ice packs all wrapped up on their legs.

So right after your workout, wrap ice? don't let your legs cool down for 5-10 mins?

I usually ice when I settle down to watch TV (could be several hours after I workout/run) - I just leave it on 20-30 minutes....it really helps me when I've run especially...it's really funny after a run-I'll ice the knees, my heel (spur) my calves and my shins....BUT I feel SO much better the next morning and the next workout or run.
  • chrissyh
    Options

I usually ice when I settle down to watch TV (could be several hours after I workout/run) - I just leave it on 20-30 minutes....it really helps me when I've run especially...it's really funny after a run-I'll ice the knees, my heel (spur) my calves and my shins....BUT I feel SO much better the next morning and the next workout or run.

I use to think ice was silly but I've felt the benefits now.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    HI Beautiful blues,

msh0530- That was very beautifully put. I think we sometimes get frustrated about not being where we want to be at, but we sometimes don't see how far we have come. All of these accomplishments should motivate us to keep going, because we can see that what we have been doing is working. Thanks for reminding me of that.

My goals this month are to continue to do everything I have been doing. I've been doing very good with food and exercise. I'm doing a challenge here in MFP where our goal is to workout every day of the year, even if we are tired we still do atleast 20 minutes of something like yoga or walking. So I think I'm set with those.

-My thing is that I sometimes get discouraged and think that I'm progressing too slowly, but I need to stop and see that my body is adjusting itself.
    -I also have to work on my sleep patterns and get them back to normal and be in bed by 9:00pm. It really makes a difference in me because after 9:00pm I get really hungry and might want to indulge in foods.
    -The other thing I need to do is to get some time to unwind and relax and have fun, because my day is so busy and structured with school, job search, toddler, and weight loss, that it sometimes feels like I'm just a work machine. So some down time and fun time would be great!!!!

My plan for today is to do turbo jam: punch, kick, and I've got abs from chalean extreme. Changing up my exercises is making my body ache in places it has never ached before. I guess my body gets really accustomed to doing the same exercise and changing it up is good!!!!!

Sorry for the long story, but wanted to share with you all.

Have a great day!!!!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    challenge12.JPG

I hate to start a new board just after we all say our goals, so here is this weeks chart.

My goals are to log every day
    Exercise at least 30 minutes 6 days a week
    Drink 8-10 glasses of water
    eat vegies!
    Go to bed earlier and get up earlier so I am not rushing through my exercise.

Almomay, You have progressed sooo quickly! In the time you have lost 14 lbs, I only went down 0.8--You are doing wonderful! Keep it up!
  • mrwatson
    Options
    I love reading all of the goals. I hope to make a few positive changes this month too.

* Keep logging in (I have been slacking a little this week)
    * Drink more water and less coffee
    *EXERCISE more (Been slacking in this dept. too)
    *Explore better eating options (clean eating, local/slow food, etc)

I watched Food, Inc while iced in over the weekend. It is quite the eye opening movie. I am definitely thinking more about where my food comes from and the choices I make when buying groceries.
  • MayLan
    Options
    mrwatson- I watched Food. Inc. also, during the past summer. It really opened my eyes about the food industry and how little we know about where our foods come from. It would be so awesome to be able to eat from an organic farm and just pick our own foods.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I have been out for the last week and I don't have a reason except that I just got sick of being where i was at and I went into depression mode. I got a book by Jillian and its a new game for me now. I'm so ready to bring this on. I can and will be doing this. I have 30lbs to go and I'm going to loose this damn weight. Tomorrow is a new day and that means me up and the crack @$$ of dawn and getting to loose some weight. GOOOO BLUESSSS
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have been out for the last week and I don't have a reason except that I just got sick of being where i was at and I went into depression mode. I got a book by Jillian and its a new game for me now. I'm so ready to bring this on. I can and will be doing this. I have 30lbs to go and I'm going to loose this damn weight. Tomorrow is a new day and that means me up and the crack @$$ of dawn and getting to loose some weight. GOOOO BLUESSSS

Wow!! Great comeback speech!!! What book did you read by Jillian that gave you so much motivation!?! Welcome back... or maybe welcome home! Now go kill it with a workout!!!!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Mornin all

I am wearing my knee brace today to hopefully help with the slight pain I have been having. I wish I had 2 so I could have one on each knee. I can't wait for my P90X to get here so I can start that and start seeing some major results. But I am still scared :ohwell: I am going to do it so I can get the body I want before i see my family in June
  • debnu1
    Options
    Wednesdays are great days because I get up at 5 am and exercise to the biggest loser. I think it starts my day off just right--and the 900+ calories I burn doesn't hurt a bit!

Hope you are all having a great day!

:flowerforyou:
  • thumper44
    Options
    Hey Blues,
    Well it feels great to be back on track. logged 3rd day in a row, and burned 800, 800 and 1125 calories in last 3 days.

Having fun playing the Wii EA active playing some sports and getting a good workout at same time.
    I'll wait for a little while before I continue on P90x again.

Smadag1, I don't mean to add any scary factor, but i'm sure your aware, P90x is a tough workout.
    Tony kicks your butt. He also has a warning that he's not responsible for any injuries, so make sure those knees are healthier before working out hard.
  • MayLan
    Options
    HI all,

smadag1- I would just do all exercises but in low impact mode. Alot of the videos have someone doing them in low impact and you still get a work out.

jg- that's the spirit girl! I'm glad you are here and back!!!

I cannot believe the ground is full of snow today!!!!!! I am set on getting a weight loss this week so I need to up my intensity and check the scale to see that I'm losing. I'm going to do Shaun T Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit and Insane Abs. I got a bunch of free dvds from a friend and I'm excited.

Have a great day all!!!
  • smadag1
    Options
    Thank you for your concern over my knees but this happens once in a while. The pain will stay for a few days then it will go away for a months then come back, it has been doing this all my life. I will do the low impact workouts until I know I am back were I need to be

Ttttthumper I am counting on the butt kicking workout I am hoping if I can take more weight off my knees they will hurt less often
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    smadag1 - good luck with the P90x!! I hope it helps to jump start your body.

tttthumper - it really does feel better to be in control of food and to eat healthier. Keep it up.

debnu1 - High Five for the early AM workout. WoW! 900 Cals!
  • smadag1
    Options
    With everyone getting there workouts in first thing in the morning it has motivated me to start getting up early to try to get some kind of workout in even if it is just 30 minutes on the elliptical. Wish me luck I am so not a morning person and getting up before 5am doesn't get me excited :yawn:
  • debnu1
    Options
    smadag, good luck It isn't always easy to get up early. I certainly think it is worth it though.

Taradise, thanks for the high five. My body anticipates the early workout I have decided. I wake right up with the alarm and can't even try to go to sleep. I go back to bed, but my eyes just don't want to close. I find that really wierd. So I get up. I like to say I burned 900 cals. It feels really goood. I also can eat a bit more today just to even get to my 1200 net calories.

Do any of you get neck pain after exercising? I have a really stiff neck lately, I think I must tense up while running or maybe I just am in dire need of a massage. :bigsmile:
  • thumper44
    Options
    Do any of you get neck pain after exercising? I have a really stiff neck lately, I think I must tense up while running or maybe I just am in dire need of a massage. :bigsmile:

Is it a sore neck only after running? or doing other exercises.
    You should warm up and cool down your neck before and after exercising. (Chin down to chest and lift up rotate to side - try to touch chin to shoulder)

Alot of exercises use neck muscles more than we think.

Or you just need a massage.
    In fact we ALL need massages :laugh: