Beautiful Blues 1/26/10

Options

Replies

• Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Blues! Remember to Weigh in! I hope the scale is nice to everyone.

All my hard work this past week paid off in my weigh in this morning. I am pleased with the results and will keep moving forward. I am past the half way mark now, but I'm almost at the dreaded last 10 lbs. So this isn't going to get any easier.

Did the 30 day shred this AM, planning on a spin class this evening. Packed my lunch, all meals planned. Great start to the week!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    THe scale is moving the wrong way for me right now. I have gained a pound since last weigh in. I need to stop this before this gets out of hand. I did Jillians banish fat yesterday but had a hard time making it all the way to the end.

I am thinking about getting p90x and starting the C25K when it starts getting dark later so I can do it after work.

Hope yall had a great weekend
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Debnu-keep me the same this week.

Will check back in later - mornin' blues!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Hi Blues,

Taradise- Congrats on your weight loss. All of your hard work has payed off.

No weight change for me this week, but that's okay since I had a big weight loss last week. I'll also look at my weight each day to see if I notice a trend. I'll be doing turbo jam cardio party, and extreme abs from Chalean today. I got some more exercise dvds so that I can have variety in my workouts. I think the important thing is to keep moving and to try different things.

Have a great day all!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hey all,
    I'm back on afternoons. Shifts definately don't make things easy.

I'm up a few lbs from my lowest of 191-193 so I"m back on it today.
    I've had my water most days and watched what I eat, but I think the most important part that I have to continue to do is log the food, and of course get the exercising back in.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So. I'm back, and trying to logon every day.
    I've logged my meals so far, and got in a 850 calorie burn today with a few exericises from EA active.
    I haven't been any help in contests last couple weeks, sorry blue team about that, but hopefully that can turn around.
    Is that contest still going on?

Glad to see everyone is doing great and still losing weight.
  • MayLan
    Options
    tttthumper- Welcome back, and nice to hear you are back on track! Yes, the challenge is still going on, and today is weigh in for Week 12 of the challenge.
  • smadag1
    Options
    I am SOOOOOO excited right now I just got the internet for my house so now I can check in on weekends and keep in touch with my family better. I hope this will help improve my foul mood lately
  • smadag1
    Options
    I am starting my walking challange tomorrow I will be doing a minum of 30 minutes on my lunch break
  • Taradise
    Options
    smadag1 - yay for the Internet. I don't know what I'd do without it.

tttthumper - glad to have you back!

almomay - keep on truckin! Great idea to vary the workouts.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am still around, if you were wondering.

This is week 12 of the contest, So I am thinking it is done?

The house we have had an offer on sense July was foreclosed on last week so now we are going to be dealing with a realtor who actually knows what they are doing. Buying short sales and foreclosures stink!

We are all doing better--the whole family ended up on antibiotics. Luckily it worked out well.

HAve a great day!
  • MayLan
    Options
    smadag- Enjoy your internet, but don't have too much fun!!!!!

debnu1- Glad you are back and you and your family are doing better.
  • smadag1
    Options
    THois is my first post from home wooohooo
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    So, we begin a new month. Time to relect on where I am on my journey.
    This is what I posted at the beginning of the month: January goals? Lose 5 pounds (maybe it will take this time), and continue to exercise. So, technically, according to my ticker, I didn't lose any. However, I did gain a little over 5 pounds over the holidays that I never added to my ticker, and they are gone now, so I guess I sort of made it. Now exercise, that one I am doing way better on. I am swimming an average of 3 times a week, and taking up the intensity that I am able to maintain at that every week. I am also using my Wii fit 3-5 times per week. So - am happy with that one. Now, on to February: February goals? Lose 5 pounds (maybe it will take this time), and continue to exercise. (Sound like a broken record yet??)

But the real "where I am on my journey?" I am in a place where even though I know that I have a lot left to accomplish, I have already accomplished a lot, and I'm proud of that. And - perhaps the most important part - I KNOW I CAN DO THIS! A year ago, I could not have said this. For me, I now know that quitting is not an option that I am willing to take. So I am happy, and know that I will continue to work, with the help of God and my cyber friends here. Come on and join my journey!

Here's to smart choices!
  • Taradise
    Options
    Well said msh0530!! I have to remind my self that goals are just that... goals. They are not do or die sort of things and they can be changed, and are flexible. Congrats on getting rid of those holiday pounds. Seems to take forever to really get rid of them!!

My goals for February:
    - Lose 2 more lbs by Feb. 26th.
    - Continue working out 5 or 6 days a week.
    - Continue to wake up extra early to do 30 day shred in the AM on the week days.
    - And to give my self no less than 1 day of rest a week.
    - Continue to watch the macro-nutrients on my food diary (specifically fiber and sodium)

Blues... what are you goals this month? Time to get focused!
  • smadag1
    Options
    Mornin all

my goals for this month are to
    -workout 4-6 times a week (20 workouts for the month minimum)
    -show some weight lose this month ( I want to see my ticker move the right way again)
    -get all my water in on weekends
    -stay under my cals 6 of 7 days in the week

Did the shred last night, so that makes 2 workouts this week. Not sur what I am going to do tonight I am sooo tired right now I took a power nap in my truck before coming into the office so I might be going to bed early tonight
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    February Goals-4 weeks exactly to do it...

Progression Goal:
    2 pound loss on the ticker

How I will do it...
    Workout 5 - 6 days a week
    1400 net calories a day
    WATER everyday
    Eat at least 2 servings each of fruits/veggies
  • smadag1
    Options
    Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do that will not put a lot of stress on my kneees? I want to give them a ouple days to rest but I don't want to stop working out.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do that will not put a lot of stress on my kneees? I want to give them a ouple days to rest but I don't want to stop working out.
    I think staying off the knees to rest is a good idea, takes away from cardio, So that leaves some strength training.

Sit in a chair, lift weights, or use a resistance band, work out arms, shoulders, chest, back.
    or lying down, you can do some ab crunches and possibly some pushups.
  • Taradise
    Options
    I agree with tttthumper's suggestions. Walking is also low impact. And maybe some upper body workouts - punching, arm windmills, etc.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    My goals for February:

- Stay under my calories MTWThFSun, cheat only at dinner on Sat.
    - Workout at least 5 days per week - 3 cardio, 2 strength
    - Get my water in every day! (Haven't done very well with this on the weekends)
    - Stop binging! Gah!

Great goals, everybody! :flowerforyou:

smadag - Definitely walking! And, you can actually do the 30-Day shred and make some of the moves lower impact and still burn just as many calories. The punches are awesome.