Why must people on this site be so cruel?

Options
hannahamay
hannahamay Posts: 77 Member
I realize that it's not a perfect world, but seeing people put others down on this website really upsets me. I constantly see myfitnesspal members complain about people at the gym who aren't as advanced as them, or they put down the people who don't do the same exercises or have the same weight-loss method. Everyone loses weight differently, be it by cardio or weight lifting. I'm also tired of seeing rude threads that talk about another person's attire and if it's "wrong" for the gym. If they are having a successful work out it shouldn't matter what they wear. Some people can't afford nice shoes and clothes so please don't be so quick to judge. The only person you should worry about is YOURSELF. Unless someone at the gym is hitting you in the head with a weight or trying to trip you on the treadmill you should leave them alone. Just be courteous of others if they aren't bothering you.

Replies

• beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Oh snap.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    YEAH!
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Yes, it does suck, but welcome to the internet.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Yeah my feeling is totally hurt from that petition thread!!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    . The only person you should worry about is YOURSELF. .

OCnZh.gif
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options

Corn, I knew i'd find you in here!
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

Corn, I knew i'd find you in here!

My feeling is hurt. *sniff sniff*

I'm waiting for the company Halloween Happy Hour to start. 29mins to go. Can't really start a project in 29mins now can I?
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Gd0Yz.gif
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    We only have total control over ourselves-that's it. When I see threads here (and I got into one weeks ago) that are not where my heart and healthy frame of mind belong-I quit reading it and forget about it. Not worth the energy spent getting offended.:smile:
  • Shamrock_me
    Options
    Some people wouldn't know positive and polite if it came up, put them in a sleeper hold & when they were out peed in their cheerios.

People complain here.. there.. other places they are just part of the hoard of wildebeasties snorting and grunting. I call it the "Daily Gotta Rag" posts & I try to avoid them. I don't have to improve my self image by putting down someone else. I know I rock!!

Happee Halloween!!!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    someone deleted me, they are so mean!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...for the irony.
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    This is gonna be one of those threads where the innocent victims come in and talk *kitten* about the alleged "meanies" from other threads. I just stubbed my toe on the irony! :laugh:
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    IN . . . so I can come back later and pad my FL with all the people who leave snarky, b!tchy comments about not being mean :laugh:
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    In...

...for the irony.

You're not allowed to be mean in a "cruel" thread.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    A paragraph is a self-contained unit of a discourse in writing dealing with a particular point or idea. A paragraph consists of one or more sentences. The start of a paragraph is indicated by beginning on a new line.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    deal_zpsd6cc19f9.gif
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I was minding my own business and trying to be mean and some jerk decided they were going to be nice to me. What is wrong with these people. I mean come on!
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    blah blah blah.

Some people on this site are so overly sensitive I'm surprised they manage to make it through everyday life.

Also, welcome to the internet.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mcondiAqyG1rhqesoo1_500.gif